Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

jimmynokia wrote: »
    mary o rourke let tubs have it this morning it was great you could here tubridy cringe,after that it was twitter twitter tweet OFF goes the radio

What did mammy say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

dlb was saying lenihan ruined himself and mammy said no you hold on there ryan and let me speak LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Downton Abbey seems to be the new one for him now. It was Madmen before.
    Willy Wonka, jelly beans, books, tweet, JFK, Clinton, Obama, Band of Brothers, G1, G2, Imelda May
    Its so bad now, that I cant turn it off. But no matter how bad it gets, i'll never put on the parachute man, Boring, Boring, Boring fúcker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

now Bawbwa has gone to war with the Off The Ball crew on Newstalk

Losing2NewstalkGRAB01.jpg

Losing2NewstalkGRAB02.jpg

the sneering has been unleashed...

there can only be one loser...

A Twitter insight from the broadcasting meastro himself :

"Way too much sport on the radio. Not anti-sport but I wish news programmes were news programmes. "

followed by:

"Keen to emphasise, I'm not anti-sport at all. Sometimes sport stories transcend news and fit otherwise bulletins should suffice. That's all."

Yeah Ryan, all that airtime wasted on sport and manly pursuits could be devoted to JFK, books, willy Wonka and watching boxsets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah, I heard the OTB lads earlier taking the piss out of that. In fairness I think he's talking about sport on drivetime/morning ireland etc..

parasite wrote: »
    I think he's talking about sport on drivetime/morning ireland etc..

His time would be better spent worrying about the content of his own crappy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yeah, I heard the OTB lads earlier taking the piss out of that. In fairness I think he's talking about sport on drivetime/morning ireland etc..

Kind of contradictory that he should have a go at people for talking about sport which is popular.. when he speaks ENDLESSLY about subjects that are of interest to only him....

I thought it was funny the way the OTB lads sarcastically suggested that maybe they should have an hour discussing "JFK In Ireland" instead of the football show..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Poly wrote: »
    His time would be better spent worrying about the content of his own crappy show

You don't have to listen to the 'crappy show'. Lots of other radio stations out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Kind of contradictory that he should have a go at people for talking about sport which is popular.. when he speaks ENDLESSLY about subjects that are of interest to only him....

I thought it was funny the way the OTB lads sarcastically suggested that maybe they should have an hour discussing "JFK In Ireland" instead of the football show..

DLB v OTB?

There's only one winner there. The OTB boys have such an unfair advantage seeing as they don't have the wit and charisma of an inanimate iron rod.

• Advertisement

Taceom wrote: »
    You don't have to listen to the 'crappy show'. Lots of other radio stations out there.

Very true, but I still have to pay for the sh1te, thats what really bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

I think tubs is referring to the saturation of rugby coverage on the drive time shows. It is annoying. It's for the business folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

qwert2 wrote: »
    I think tubs is referring to the saturation of rugby coverage on the drive time shows. It is annoying. It's for the business folk.

Where in those tweets does it mention rugby? Dunno where you got that from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

My advice would be to avoid Tubridy today.

Its the 20th of January and on this day in news in 1961, John F Kennedy was sworn in.

So expect an extra helping of Kennedy talk....

"What would JFK tweet if he was still alive?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

giftgrub wrote: »

Its the 20th of January and on this day in news in 1961, John F Kennedy was sworn in.

Good prediction, we've already had a dose of his inauguration speech and something else about a dead Kennedy

Could someone not have a word with him, nobody cares.

giftgrub wrote: »

spot on Gift!

I notice too, there are no more attempts to put Emma on the spot, she must have had a word with her union.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Poly wrote: »
    spot on Gift!

I notice too, there are no more attempts to put Emma on the spot, she must have had a word with her union.

Be careful Poly, That happened before only for a week but it started back up again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

When he isnt reading out the headlines or something from autocue, he is exceptionally inarticulate - sentences trailling off into sighs or that horrible hilareous fake groan noise

Words would be better Ryan

it was a trilogy of twitter books and jfk today
    total listening time 7 mins radio off nothing is changing somebody needs to have that word in his ear again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    When he isnt reading out the headlines or something from autocue, he is exceptionally inarticulate - sentences trailling off into sighs or that horrible hilareous fake groan noise

Words would be better Ryan

Listened in for the first time in ages today: lasted about 30 minutes but that thought struck me too, Imhof. Also, he read out a headline - something about "Katie's pal" - and then hurriedly said something like, "well, that's what it says in that particular newspaper" before moving swiftly on. (For the record, it referred to a story about Kieron Ducie, an associate of model Katy French.)
    Ryan, either give us an idea what the story is about - even a namecheck of all the relevant people involved - or don't read it out at all. Don't leave us hanging there. To me, it felt like he was leafing through the papers for the first time, not offering a carefully researched precis of what is in the papers today. Which is what the taxpaper is paying him $$$ for, right?

• Advertisement

it was another massive book discussion today no communication with the listener at all its just all about him and his bloody jfk book and twitter forget what the public wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

He has to go soon, its just awful.
    Why is he obsessed with America ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's not a Daron Aranofski fan by the looks of it!

no sign of him and his new waxwork of himself been mentioned either wonder how much he is getting paid for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Only 10 minutes in today and already mentioned something about the Kennedys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

9.04am Mad Men mention.

He's probably missed that.

Now having a go at people who like dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did you hear him talking to Adam Boulton... regarding Sky's coverage of Irish issues.. Tubridy: "Your interest is logged and noted"... I think Boulton was bemused by Tubridy's delusions of superiority. Of course then it was followed by the obligatory "are you on Twitter Adam?"..

Heard Colm Hayes for the first time the other day.. He should be given the 9-11 slot, he's far more bearable..

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Did you hear him talking to Adam Boulton... regarding Sky's coverage of Irish issues.. Tubridy: "Your interest is logged and noted"... I think Boulton was bemused by Tubridy's delusions of superiority. Of course then it was followed by the obligatory "are you on Twitter Adam?"..

Heard Colm Hayes for the first time the other day.. He should be given the 9-11 slot, he's far more bearable..

*Shakes head in disbelief and disgust* :eek:

Lahv-line cheater.:pac:

at least colm invites people to talk about what they want
    not like twitty twatter jkf and book tubs its all about him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Right. I'm at the end of my patience with regard to editing people's posts to remove offensive content and will do it no longer. Posts which are being offensive towards a radio presenter will be deleted and the posters who post them will be banned for at least 2 days.

This has just happened to "Lollers".

Read the charter, folks. It's not bloody rocket science.

Advertisement