Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm listening back to parts of yesterdays programme (my first Tubbers on 2FM experience) and its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lame. It appears that he just turns up someone pushes the button to open the mic and then he just rambles on, well I say rambles Tubbers world is so narrow all he can do is perambulate around in ever decreasing circles. How much is he paid for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

mike65 wrote: »
    Tubbers world is so narrow all he can do is perambulate around in ever decreasing circles. How much is he paid for this?

He should really tune into Moncrieff to hear how a magazine type radio show should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Holy ****.....talk about right on que....

caller about fear of flying said he was from Nurney.......

can you guess where it went from there????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

caller about fear of flying said he was from Nurney.......can you guess where it went from there????

Nurnia (Narnia) ?
    (remember Tubs likes to decide who is quirky, he disapproves of people who 'think they are quirky').

Yeah, remember Juliette Binnoche.. she used to be quirky and admired by Tubridy... now after calling him on his stupid questions, she's just "difficult" and rude..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

The writing is extremely weak, the plotting haphazard and often preposterous, the characterizations shallow and sometimes incoherent; its attitude toward the past is glib and its self-positioning in the present is unattractively smug; the acting is, almost without exception, bland and sometimes amateurish.'

Going slightly off topic but parts of this article about Mad Men could have been written about Tubs radio show.

It may provide some insight in to why Tubbo loves it. Hope this post is not deemed too far off-topic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I adore Mad Men, I better start listen to Tubbers every day...:(

He got the text number wrong again this morning, said 51551... eh you're not on Radio 1 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

mike65 wrote: »
    I adore Mad Men, I better start listen to Tubbers every day...:(

Don't do it! You'll probably end up hating it after one of his many rambling anecdotes on american 60s culture...which will then no doubt culminate in 20 minutes of fawning over JFK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

telekon wrote: »
    Don't do it! You'll probably end up hating it after one of his many rambling anecdotes on american 60s culture...which will then no doubt culminate in 20 minutes of fawning over JFK...

He does have something of a JFK fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

lempsipmax wrote: »
    Going slightly off topic but parts of this article about Mad Men could have been written about Tubs radio show.

It may provide some insight in to why Tubbo loves it. Hope this post is not deemed too far off-topic!

Jaysus... Is nothing sacred???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 loftypad

I alway get the feeling that he is a bit posh and he talks down to the listener.He is so busy reading his books that he hasn't time for any of that Television thingy that the ordinary joe soap watched last evening .I won't be listening when he has to talk horses, like Gerry Ryan lord rest him would at Cheltenham festival week on the show."now i wonder who will win the booker prize this year and the Champion hurdle..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

he has himself on his own imaginary pedestal made up of books and box sets

beware tomorows show will be about that bookshop that closed down waterstones i think its called

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If Ryan bothered his ar5e to let a person actually answer a question he askes 1st before cutting them off or jumping down their throat,then he might actually be a good radio presenter and a TV presenter.

Hes so god damn irritating and headwrecking with this carry on,that I nearly throw things at my TV,especially when the late late show is on.

Ryan,take note here.......If you ask a person a question,then....LET THEM ANSWER THAT QUESTION AND DONT CUT THEM OFF AFTER 2 SECONDS.:mad::mad::mad:

He constantly did this and tried it on with Martin McGuinness a few weeks back on the late late,and Martin firmly put Ryan in his place.

Fair play to Martin for not taking that crap from Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The thin man will have Vincent Browne on this morning
    Unlikely star of #ge11, Vincent Browne joins us just after 9am...

SkidMark wrote: »
    The thin man will have Vincent Browne on this morning

you sure? no mention Vinny yet

Edit: you were right, coming up

9:12am : Mad Men , Boardwalk Empire, ... snooze button on alarm clock.

still horrible to think that Vincent is forced to sell his house while Tubridy is pulling a million out of the state... Vincent said last year he earns 56k ... always get the feeling (with VB) that Tubridy is always about one stupid question away from being told exactly what he thinks of him..

Tubridy " What's your dog's name"

VinB "Ella"

How do you spell that "E-L-L-A"

Tubridy " What sort of dog is that"

VinB "It's a ... I can't remember exactly ..."

Tubridy " OK, moving on ..."

This wasn't exactly Frost/Nixon, more like something you would ask your niece at a family occasion to break an awkward silence.

I was just waiting for ...

Tubridy " Twitter is very big in this election, what's your views on it?"

VinB " Erm, what, eh .... I'm going back to bed "

Tubridy " What's your dog's name"
    VinB "Ella". How do you spell that "E-L-L-A"

Tubridy's daughter's name is Ella.. I think Vincent said "Alla".. not sure if he's converted to Islam..
    Tubridy " Twitter is very big in this election, what's your views on it?"

vbhappy.jpg
    What's.. what's this Twitter. What is that.? :confused::confused::confused:

vbhappy.jpg
    What's.. what's this Twitter. What is that.? :confused::confused::confused:

I never get tired of that joke. Just as well!

• Advertisement

I never get tired of that joke. Just as well!

lol.. why would I want to write a new joke, when I can just put that recycle a good one.. :D

did i just hallucinate or was that the most partridge like response in the history of radio!!
    newsgirl: "my little fella had his tonsils out"
    Tubs: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was pretty good today to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

That's a post not normally seen here! :rolleyes:

what for 5 seconds? woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Are you in the right thread Ash?:p

Poly wrote: »
    Are you in the right thread Ash?:p
    i was listening carefully!! Besides nearly saying "aahaaaaaa" like Alan partridge that's it!! He even said "jfk" and then acknowleged his fetish!!
    I must admit my expectations have diminished quite a bit since i started listening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I must admit my expectations have diminished quite a bit since i started listening!!
    I can not see a recovery at this stage, a total train reck and every other cliche one can use.
    RTE with Tubridy reminds me of Bush on the aircraft carrier with "mission accomplished"
    I feel RTE have Tubridy up there as the new white knight but with no strategy from where I'm standing, it seems to be all falling apart in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

miketv wrote: »
    RTE with Tubridy reminds me of Bush on the aircraft carrier with "mission accomplished"
    I feel RTE have Tubridy up there as the new white knight but with no strategy from where I'm standing, it seems to be all falling apart in my opinion.

Yep, the ould RTE aircraft carrier is holed below the water line and sinking slowly.
    To think Tubridy is one of the highest paid employees/sole traders within RTE and this is the sort of radio he produces, it's sickening to say the least.

• Advertisement

not even ten seconds in and Clinton somehow gets brought into conversation

Advertisement