Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He was teasing his listeners with a Kinks song this morning,the "joke" went on too long im sure many people changed station

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Didn't Ian Dempsey predict tubs would be exposed eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

:confused:

Go on....

Edit: Found the link to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

telekon wrote: »
    :confused:

Go on....

Edit: Found the link to the story.
    Do you mind putting up the link Telekon,
    I'd like to see it again now that 6 months of the radio show has passed.
    Ta
    M

miketv wrote: »
    Do you mind putting up the link Telekon,
    I'd like to see it again now that 6 months of the radio show has passed.
    Ta
    M
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/dempseys-shock-attack-on-exposed-tubridy-and-rte-2312482.html

• Advertisement

6 months on and this quote seems very redundant..

"The state broadcaster said that they are extremely proud of their new line up and was not surprised that rival station Today FM would be "worried" about the shake up.
    An RTE spokesperson told the Herald this morning: "It's understandable that Ian Dempsey and Today FM would be worried about the new 2fm morning schedule. "

I think Todayfm are now smiling and when the JNLR figures come out they may even be smiling with added financial benifit from increased listership taken from another rival station :rolleyes:

Anyone know when the JNLR ratings are due out?? I think they'll make very interesting reading when compared to Gerry's numbers this time last year...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jimmynokia wrote: »
    not even ten seconds in and Clinton somehow gets brought into conversation

I couldnt believe it... "There's a picture of Eamonn O'Cuiv asleep.. does anybody remember the time when Bill Clinton fell asleep".. dear god..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

jimmynokia wrote: »
    not even ten seconds in and Clinton somehow gets brought into conversation
    I couldnt believe it... "There's a picture of Eamonn O'Cuiv asleep.. does anybody remember the time when Bill Clinton fell asleep".. dear god..

I might be getting paranoid but I'm starting to think he's reading this thread and deliberately throwing in references to JFK/Clinton/Mad Men and the rest just to wind us up.

If you are reading this Tubridy (and I know you are) , I'm on to you. Stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Anyone know when the JNLR ratings are due out?? I think they'll make very interesting reading when compared to Gerry's numbers this time last year...:D

I'm not sure which day, but they are out this week. Should be interesting alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Rubik. wrote: »
    I'm not sure which day, but they are out this week. Should be interesting alright.

They're out Thursday of next week (Feb 17th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Bard wrote: »
    They're out Thursday of next week (Feb 17th).

Ah, there was an Ian Dempsey interview in The Herald last Friday which said it was this week.

I remember often Gerry Ryan saying how it was a radio brodcasters nightmare when the JNLR figures were about to come out, as it was the difference between hired and fired.
    I wonder is Tubridy nervous?
    Now If it turns out he has great firures next week (I really doubt it) i'll eat me shorts!

I just got whinged into getting a donor card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I just got whinged into getting a donor card
    Did he say that?

Poly wrote: »
    Did he say that?
    no that was me!

I know it's insensitive but ...that's just how i feel right now...

no that was me!

I know it's insensitive but ...that's just how i feel right now...

Don't worry Ash, they only take your bits and pieces when your'e finished with them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

dempsey shut your mouth, just because Ryan kicked your ass while doing The Full Irish. your breakfast show is just one big long ad.

Sunday Tribune:28 March 2010
    Tubridy said he will remain in the hot seat as long as the public do not get bored of him.

"It is not even my choice as such. As soon as the public get bored of me I will be gone. The plans, however, at the moment are to start another season in September.

"The Late Late Show is an institution all of its own. It doesn't belong to me, and when the time comes I will pass it along to the next person."

Ryan actually cares about the Irish public and will step aside if his figures show a slump from gerry's tenure.

Personally I believe that he is struggling on the 2fm programme because there is a General Election coming up and he feels that he could make a massive contribution to the political landscape in Ireland. A few months ago he stated "I was born to be a politician" but now he sees the dream slipping away and knows the opportunity to shake up the old dinosaurs inhabiting Dail Eireannis fading. He has been very critical of Brian Cowen and the incumbent Fianna Fail government so under what banner would he run?

It would be extraordinary to witness his campaign, especially to view his mastering of social media such as twitter and facebook, by means of generating excitement, hype and fun in the electorate. I would love to see Eoghan Harris manage his campaign, even though they had a falling out over an owl at the Rose of Tralee. I think that it is killing him. He has so much political nous and knows that he could change the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

^
    ^
    ^

*Licks lips*

*Slides shotgun muzzle between them*

*Places big toe on to trigger*

*Drives foot towards floor*

*A bright flash, then sweet release*

ghiertal wrote: »
    dempsey shut your mouth, just because Ryan kicked your ass while doing The Full Irish. your breakfast show is just one big long ad.

Tubridy said he will remain in the hot seat as long as the public do not get bored of him.

"It is not even my choice as such. As soon as the public get bored of me I will be gone. The plans, however, at the moment are to start another season in September.

"The Late Late Show is an institution all of its own. It doesn't belong to me, and when the time comes I will pass it along to the next person."

Ryan actually cares about the Irish public and will step aside if his figures show a slump from gerry's tenure.

Personally I believe that he is struggling on the 2fm programme because there is a General Election coming up and he feels that he could make a massive contribution to the political landscape in Ireland. A few months ago he stated "I was born to be a politician" but now he sees the dream slipping away and knows the opportunity to shake up the old dinosaurs inhabiting Dail Eireannis fading. He has been very critical of Brian Cowen and the incumbent Fianna Fail government so under what banner would he run?

It would be extraordinary to witness his campaign, especially to view his mastering of social media such as twitter and facebook, by means of generating excitement, hype and fun in the electorate. I would love to see Eoghan Harris manage his campaign, even though they had a falling out over an owl at the Rose of Tralee. I think that it is killing him. He has so much political nous and knows that he could change the country.

that cracked me up! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A few months ago he stated "I was born to be a politician" but now he sees the dream slipping away and knows the opportunity to shake up the old dinosaurs inhabiting Dail Eireannis fading. He has been very critical of Brian Cowen and the incumbent Fianna Fail government so under what banner would he run? He has so much political nous and knows that he could change the country.

Well, a few months ago, I worked out a clever political campaign that could get both him and his brother (Garret, who ran in the elections the last time) elected in Dublin South...

TUBWARD_1.jpg

RTÉ 2fm's 'Toys for Tubs' appeal provided the Society of St Vincent de Paul with over €250,000 worth of toys...
    I'm not saying that you have to like him, just respect him.Maybe in time grow to love him.He's not perfect i know, but hey, who is?

Your last 3 posts...

Sorry ghiertal, its hard to take someone serious on here when they've evidently got an agenda. How are things down in Montrose btw?

I don't believe for one second Tubridy's got a genuine fan. There has to be an agenda...there has to be.

*dons tinfoil hat*

:DThat's some funny sh1t ghiertal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Great post there from ghiertal...

I totally think Tubs should run in this years Election

Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hey ghiertal if your not busy on Friday night,maybe drop into the LLS thread on the TV forum they are much nicer to him over there then here on the radio forum

Hey ghiertal if your not busy on Friday night,maybe drop into the LLS thread on the TV forum they are much nicer to him over there then here on the radio forum

...heh heh heh.

Your last 3 posts...

Sorry ghiertal, its hard to take someone serious on here when they've evidently got an agenda. How are things down in Montrose btw?

I don't believe for one second Tubridy's got a genuine fan. There has to be an agenda...there has to be.

*dons tinfoil hat*

You can stop the "agenda" crap and accusing someone of being from RTÉ now, thanks. Read the charter - particularly the CONTENT OF POSTS section.

And no, I don't care if you're only kidding.

The rest of you, stay on topic please. The thread is about Tubridy's show on 2FM. Nothing else.

I thought the *dons tinfoil hat* comment at the end made it clear to everyone that this was to be taken in jest.

If it was a pop at anyone, it was a pop at myself... slagging my own tendency to play the "must be an RTE employee" card if someone happens to like Tubridy, Mooney, Duffy or whoever...

So the one time I gently rib someone for liking someone I don't (I have been OTT with other posters in the past), I get a warning.

No more light hearted ribbing with other posters allowed anymore? :confused:

Edit: Don't bother answering that...I already know the answer.

...and I thought the "I don't care if you're only kidding" made it clear to you that I don't care if you're only kidding.

Light-hearted ribbing is fine - within the rules. If you want to discuss this any further, feel free to PM me (and keep the thread on-topic).

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

I stopped listening months ago but I was in someone else's car this morning and heard the first 5/10 minutes of this mornings show:eek: He was having the 'banter' with the newsreader, talking about Neil Diamond and which song of his they should play......just the most toe-curlingly embarrassing stuff.

It's like when I watch The Office or Alan Partridge and a character does something so cringe inducing that I watch the tv through my fingers. Tubridy has become the aural version of this.

Would someone in RTE not have a quiet word in his ear? Maybe there are some who still listen in for the 'Partridge' factor but it's all a bit tragic now, from what I heard this morning.

Advertisement