Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I heard about tubs being the MC for the Obama gig. In case ANYONE on here has any connection to tubs. Bring a fresh pair of pants as after meeting obama he may need to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

macroboy wrote: »
    the answer to your question is the same reason why i read your utterly predictable posting and why i am now replying to it...

people like to give their opinions amazingly enough...lololol

just as you have done above there...see...see ..see my point..

lol

Do you sit listening to Tubridy with your note book and pencil at the ready,in the hope he will say something that would make a good post on boards.Why not just change the station,listen to a presenter that you would enjoy,or would that mean you couldnt post on any forum,because when there's no bandwagon to jump on,your notebook would be empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

how do you think the stich up happened?

I posted last month how i felt that Louis Walsh, Paul Martin,Ray D'arcy, Ian Dempsey and Keating came up with a plan to humiliate Ryan. I don't really want to go into it all again. Louis wanted to weaken RTE as he didn't feel his acts were getting enough publicity and believed Ryan was hugely responsible for this.
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/rte-bosses-should-be-sacked-louis-walsh-14918502.html

I believe that Ronan Keating asked Ryan to write his biography before the show, knowing that he would want to save the biggest details. Then Paul Martin was used to generate a storm post the LLS and the next stage was RK appearing on Today FM denying Ryan's version of the story. These are the "bigger forces" Ryan is referring to.

Look at the amount of publicity Ryan gave to Jedward last week. He used them as his twitter profile. Walsh has backed RTE and Ryan into a corner. Derek Mooney's show is another example of this, he seemed to devote the last fortnight to Jedward. Ryan has had to be very diplomatic but this summer could be very telling.

People were wondering why Ryan got the Queen and Obama gigs. The answer is quite simple. Ryan was born into a political family and as such has political knowledge and poise. He knows how to handle these people. It's hard to think of another person in RTE who can match these qualities.

I hope that Ryan's success with the Queen will help mend his differences with Gay. Gay grew up in a house of Royalists while Ryan is from Republican stock. I hope Gay was proud of Ryan this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ghiertal wrote: »
    How i felt that Louis Walsh, Paul Martin,Ray D'arcy, Ian Dempsey and Keating came up with a plan to humiliate Ryan. .......I believe that Ronan Keating asked Ryan to write his biography before the show

I see what you are saying, but you dont have anything other than hearsay to support either of these assertions.. Either way, Tubridy SHOULD have independently asked the questions that the people wanted asked, as that is a job that he is currently (hugely over-) paid to do..

If you are right, that Tubridy deliberately did not ask the hard questions so that he would be given the job as Keating's biographer, then this is even more damaging.. this would mean that he is putting his own career ahead of actually doing current his job properly.

But like I stressed above, HE is the interviewer and is completely in control of the show, so the only person he can blame is himself.. Neither Louis Walsh nor Paul Martin have any control over the show..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

DT100 wrote: »
    Do you sit listening to Tubridy with your note book and pencil at the ready,in the hope he will say something that would make a good post on boards.Why not just change the station,listen to a presenter that you would enjoy,or would that mean you couldnt post on any forum,because when there's no bandwagon to jump on,your notebook would be empty?

you should be lucky somebody is actually listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

People were wondering why Ryan got the Queen and Obama gigs. The answer is quite simple. Ryan was born into a political family and as such has political knowledge and poise. He knows how to handle these people. It's hard to think of another person in RTE who can match these qualities.
    What about, oh, the entire politics department. And tubs has no poise whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

From the Evening Herald article:

"While he may have been universally slammed -- with some outraged viewers claiming he should be sacked-- Tubridy said he also has been praised for not discussing the affair.
    "I have letters on my desk over on The Late Late Show from people saying well done for not going through the gutter for information," he said."

Letters praising him for not discussing the affair??! LOL I wonder who sent those? :confused: LOLOL

I mean, I was also delighted that Tubbs didn't discuss the affair with Keating. It gave him sooooo much more time to discuss Keating's new album which sounded sooooo interesting! :rolleyes: LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I believe that Ronan Keating asked Ryan to write his biography before the show, knowing that he would want to save the biggest details. Then Paul Martin was used to generate a storm post the LLS and the next stage was RK appearing on Today FM denying Ryan's version of the story. These are the "bigger forces" Ryan is referring to.

This sounds like a brilliant conspiracy theory. It's right up there with the Kennedy assassination and the Roswell incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Ryan meeting the Royal couple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtdPHjR5xac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Ryan, old people are not children.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

o dear...."liberty hall there, and plenty of places there.."

that wasn't the best idea of the visit in fairness!

Check out todays star. Former RTE boss Helen O'Rahilly lays into DLB and the LLS.

heard that on the radio myself really says it all meanwhile this mornings show the only word was obama and a description of air force one and the tarmac,Ryan we know what the plane looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

DT100 wrote: »

dear oh dear...i think my good man..it is you who needs to change threads..

just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

“If I was back in charge of RTE, you wouldn’t see this utter ****e on Friday night,” wrote O’Rahilly. “The opinion seems to be, ‘Let’s get whoever is in town, who’s flogging books, who’s flogging movies’. I haven’t seen the Late Late set the agenda in a long time – other than when Ryan is giving out about people slagging him on Twitter.”

lol

lol

Miss Rahilly describes herself as "mouthy" ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

WTF does this **** HAVE on the big boys in montrose ?

he's on telly now at college green waiting for obama to turn up.

how in the name of god does he get all these gigs ?

I think the end is near for tubridy there will be no ob for him after the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

It'll be tommy central under the radio desk tomorrow i'd say, twitching legs and all

Its been that all day he might not make it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Personally, I find Tubridy relatively inoffensive (albeit perhaps a bit bland) and easy going on the radio. Not my style certainly - I prefer a bit of confrontation and controversy... but just because I'm not a fan of his doesn't mean I feel the need to post here on a *daily* basis to put him down or keep an eye on his progress.

Seriously, there are only a handful of people keeping this thread going - jimmynokia, for example, who seems to post on boards.ie about nothing but Ryan Tubridy (the Late Late, the Obama/Queen visits, his 2FM show)... and honestly?.. I don't understand the obsession!

Bard wrote: »
    Personally, I find Tubridy relatively inoffensive (albeit perhaps a bit bland) and easy going on the radio. Not my style certainly - I prefer a bit of confrontation and controversy... but just because I'm not a fan of his doesn't mean I feel the need to post here on a *daily* basis to put him down or keep an eye on his progress.

Seriously, there are only a handful of people keeping this thread going - jimmynokia, for example, who seems to post on boards.ie about nothing but Ryan Tubridy (the Late Late, the Obama/Queen visits, his 2FM show)... and honestly?.. I don't understand the obsession!
    It would be ok if he worked for a private station, but this guy is wheeled out by the state broadcaster to be our number 1 guy.....not good enough. The tax payer deserves better.

@ bard its called freedom of speech and when the taxpayer is funding somebody that cant deliver anything but his own interests i will remain posting along with the rest that agree,here we are again on the radio this morning still ranting on about obama,he is gone to the UK so why did tubbers not get that gig?also bard have you not been reading the papers of late,its not just me and our regulars here so you explain to us what is so special about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It would be ok if he worked for a private station, but this guy is wheeled out by the state broadcaster to be our number 1 guy.....not good enough. The tax payer deserves better.

Nothing I've said or will say is in disagreement with this sentiment, but that's got nothing to do with the point I made.
    jimmynokia wrote: »
    @ bard its called freedom of speech and when the taxpayer is funding somebody that cant deliver anything but his own interests i will remain posting along with the rest that agree,here we are again on the radio this morning still ranting on about obama,he is gone to the UK so why did tubbers not get that gig?also bard have you not been reading the papers of late,its not just me and our regulars here so you explain to us what is so special about him.

Eh, it's not called "freedom of speech"... nobody ever said you had that on boards.ie :P ... and besides, posting on a daily basis about nothing but Tubridy is nothing to do with 'freedom of speech'... it is, as I said, a bit obsessive - in my opinion.

And why should *I* explain what is so special about him? I already said I'm not a fan.

Nothing I've said or will say is in disagreement with this sentiment, but that's got nothing to do with the point I made.

Eh, it's not called "freedom of speech"... nobody ever said you had that on boards.ie :P ... and besides, posting on a daily basis about nothing but Tubridy is nothing to do with 'freedom of speech'... it is, as I said, a bit obsessive - in my opinion.

And why should *I* explain what is so special about him? I already said I'm not a fan.
    Speaking for myself i actually did become slightly obsessed. Here was a guy being passed off as an intellect and a guy who dismisses people and subjects that are out of his frame of reference. A guy who our state funded broadcaster deems to be on the pulse of the nation.
    For me, coming on here and reading the threads and watching the clips such as this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkp5h5QVv7o
    became a source of comedy. Alan Partridge sees himself as a clever, high brow media legend while his viewers are aware of the dramatic irony. It is this dramatic irony that makes alan partridge funny (imo). I get the exact same buzz watching and listening to tubs that i do watching alan p. That is why is check in here daily....I check out the lls now and again and i only listened to the radio show for one week ...but these threads i do check daily.

You say yourself you're not a fan yet also can't see what the fuss is about. I would think the same except for the whole over 500k a year public funded wage.

speaking of having an obsession,who is quoting who here with threads i post on and who jumps in when something you dont like is said even though your not a fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You're wasting your time. They are beyond reform.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    You're wasting your time. They are beyond reform.

really now RYAN

Advertisement