Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

Aidric wrote: »
    You're wasting your time. They are beyond reform.

MMM..maybe im missing something here,but the thread is about the ryan tubridy radio show.
    Yet people come onto the thread,banging on about how other people are always on thread talking about the ryan tubridy show..lol

How about all of you complaining about people talking about ryan tubridy ,just go elsewhere,instead of moaning on about how people are obsessed with him.

That way,you wouldnt come across as being obsessed with people on the ryan tubridy thread.

Jimmy nokia is correct. If you dont want to read what he says..go elsewhere.

ROCK on jimmy.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Aidric wrote: »
    You're wasting your time. They are beyond reform.
    off topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He's just posted a new piece of merchandise for his RADIO SHOW...

tubridymug.jpg

Apparently they based the design on his ears..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Jimmy nokia banned for 5 days.

If everyone else would like to return to the topic....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

ghiertal wrote: »
    I believe that Ronan Keating asked Ryan to write his biography before the show, knowing that he would want to save the biggest details. .

What biography? Is this just your assumpution or do you actually know this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Jayme101 wrote: »
    What biography? Is this just your assumpution or do you actually know this?

Hi Jayme, no i don't know for certain if Ryan is writing keating's biography. I just thought that keating tricked Ryan on the night of that infamous interview and he knew that Ryan was looking for a subject on which to base a book. I also felt that keating might be anxious to release a book especially with his career going downhill. I suppose you could call it intuitive reasoning, sorry if you feel that i misled you. I don't know if you are a fan of keating but i suggest you move over to Ryan's side. Ryan actually cares about his fans and if you look at the amount of work he has done for tourism and business during the last months then you will be suitably impressed.

He has a sense of lyric descriptiveness which keating could only dream of. Take this tweet at the time of BHO's arrival "When JFK touched down in Dublin on June 26th 1963, it was dark, grey and overcast but that didn't stop Oz coming to Kansas".

In fact if you think back to the response he gave to the Keating contrivance on the radio show he said "We are trying to create a culture of positivity rather than one of negativity". Even though JonathonAnon is typically anti-Tubridian in his outlook he has inadvertenly showcased Ryan's courage and outlook by posting Ryan's message on Youtube. One could say a great proportion of the "Positivity" generated is due to Ryan's contribution to the two visits and his relentless promotion of Irish tourism and business over the past few months. Take this tweet from March for example "Just interviewed by Peter Greenberg for CBS Patrick's Day special. Hopefully flying the flag to get Americans back on the tourist trail."

He hounded FF out of office with his relentless criticism of Cowen over his not making a state of the union address and replaced them with FG/Enda Kenny who has inspired a nation with his passion. On another point Ryan may have been rewarded with the job at the College Green rally due to the fact that Ryan was one of the first people outside of US who supported BHO and influenced Ted Kennedy to offer his support to Obama in 2008 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Hi Jayme, no i don't know for certain if Ryan is writing keating's biography. I just thought that keating tricked Ryan on the night of that infamous interview and he knew that Ryan was looking for a subject on which to base a book. I also felt that keating might be anxious to release a book especially with his career going downhill. I suppose you could call it intuitive reasoning, sorry if you feel that i misled you. I don't know if you are a fan of keating but i suggest you move over to Ryan's side. Ryan actually cares about his fans and if you look at the amount of work he has done for tourism and business during the last months then you will be suitably impressed.

He has a sense of lyric descriptiveness which keating could only dream of. Take this tweet at the time of BHO's arrival "When JFK touched down in Dublin on June 26th 1963, it was dark, grey and overcast but that didn't stop Oz coming to Kansas".

In fact if you think back to the response he gave to the Keating contrivance on the radio show he said "We are trying to create a culture of positivity rather than one of negativity". Even though JonathonAnon is typically anti-Tubridian in his outlook he has inadvertenly showcased Ryan's courage and outlook by posting Ryan's message on Youtube. One could say a great proportion of the "Positivity" generated is due to Ryan's contribution to the two visits and his relentless promotion of Irish tourism and business over the past few months. Take this tweet from March for example "Just interviewed by Peter Greenberg for CBS Patrick's Day special. Hopefully flying the flag to get Americans back on the tourist trail."

He hounded FF out of office with his relentless criticism of Cowen over his not making a state of the union address and replaced them with FG/Enda Kenny who has inspired a nation with his passion. On another point Ryan may have been rewarded with the job at the College Green rally due to the fact that Ryan was one of the first people outside of US who supported BHO and influenced Ted Kennedy to offer his support to Obama in 2008 election.

Ghiertial - you are without doubt THE leading WUM on boards.ie. - and i mean that as a compliment

This thread has been dying on its arse since Jimmy got banned, its up to you to keep the comedy comming

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Ghiertial - you are without doubt THE leading WUM on boards.ie. - and i mean that as a compliment

This thread has been dying on its arse since Jimmy got banned, its up to you to keep the comedy comming

Thanks Imhof Tank, it's ok for jimmynokia to relentlessly insult Ryan and make crude refrences to Ryan and teenage girls or for others to mock his featues. However if i defend him or make valid points such as him holding the LLS together single-handedly i am accused of being a wum, when in actuality i am just one of his fans. He has over fifty thousand fans on twitter so it's not that unusual.

He IS saving numerous jobs in the advertising and publishing industries with his success over the past 12 months.
    The head of one media buying company has claimed the 37-year-old is 'saving' RTE's flagship programme.
    Craig Farrell, managing director of Starcom, which buys advertising spots for clients that include An Post, The National Lottery and AIB, said the average viewership of the show is 678,000.
    "This is almost exactly the same as it was last year over the same period," he told the Irish Independent.
    "There is little doubt that the quality of the guests on 'The Late Late Show' has suffered but this does not seem to be have affected the audience.
    "This seems to be down to Ryan Tubridy doing a good job with a difficult format.
    "The long-format chat show is not done anywhere else around the world any more, but Ryan usually makes it entertaining, even without any decent guests."
    But some people won't let the facts get in the way of having a pop at this extraordinary man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

extraordinary man.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Thanks Imhof Tank, it's ok for jimmynokia to relentlessly insult Ryan and make crude refrences to Ryan and teenage girls or for others to mock his featues. However if i defend him or make valid points such as him holding the LLS together single-handedly i am accused of being a wum, when in actuality i am just one of his fans. He has over fifty thousand fans on twitter so it's not that unusual.

Chill man - that was a genuine compliment.

Have you done much other creative writing, besides in this thread i mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Imhof Tank wrote: »

Have you done much other creative writing, besides in this thread i mean?

Not on Boards.ie anyway, he/she doesn't post anywhere else here but this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

I don't dislike Ryan at all and I have a lot of respect for him. I think its ridculus the amount of stick he is getting over this one interview. I believe a lot of the problems came from the way the interview was advertised by Rte and the Evening Herald saying that he would tell all. He has been asked various times in other interviews and he has only said that he made mistakes, and that he was sorry that he had hurt the people that he loves the most, and that he and his wife were working on their marriage. That is all he has been prepared to discuss. So there was no way even with Ryan pressing him would he have said anymore than that.

I also think its highly unlikely that Ronan would have "tricked" Ryan about the prospect of another biography. I have met him several times in private and he really isn't that type of person, despite what some of the haters on here would have you believe. I don't think for one minute that any of the details will come out in a book either. There is no way he would want to upset his wife now that they are back together again, not when he has worked so hard at gaining her trust again. To have all that raked up again would be the last thing either of them would want. He doesn't need the money that bad. He is being paid a fortune for being an X Factor Judge and various spin offs that come off the back of that in OZ where he is very popular at the moment. He has also just finished shooting his first movie. He also does a lot of paid work as a "friend" for the Swiss watch company IWC. His music career maybe not as as it once was, but selling CDs is not where his main source of income is anymore. He is constantly working, even though you might not see that at home in Ireland.

He hounded FF out of office with his relentless criticism of Cowen

Ghertial, I sometimes have to read your posts a number of times to see if you're being sarcastic... First let me remind you of his credentials:
    Tubridy was educated at Blackrock College and University College Dublin, where he studied Arts. He was a member of the Kevin Barry Cumann of Fianna Fáil while in UCD and was active in the UCD Students' Union and Belfield FM, as well as the Dún Laoghaire branch of Ógra Fianna Fáil. Two of his first cousins, Barry Andrews and Chris Andrews, were formerly Fianna Fáil TDs, with the former being a Minister of State for Children in the coalition government of Brian Cowen. His grandfather, Todd Andrews, was[citation needed] a prominent associate of Fianna Fáil founder Éamon de Valera and held[citation needed] a number of posts in semi-state companies. On the Tubridy side of the family, Ryan is the grandson of TD Seán Tubridy.

You mention the interview with Cowen (who I personally think Tubridy was just not a supporter of as his party leader), but not the love ins with Bertie Ahern, Willie O'Dea and Brian Crowley... On the other side, the insulting interview he carried out with Enda Kenny last year.. of course he was rude to Kenny LAST year, when it looked like he wouldnt be Taoiseach, but my how he changed his tune on Friday.. Gone were all the facetious, sarcastic and loaded questions... remember this one from the first interview: "what do you think will happen first, you becoming Taoiseach or Mayo winning the All Ireland?"

Just notice I was yellow carded by the mods above.. There goes my Gary Lineker record. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Is this some kind of ground work for a new skit show?

He has a sense of lyric descriptiveness which keating could only dream of....He hounded FF out of office with his relentless criticism of Cowen...Ryan was one of the first people outside of US who supported BHO and influenced Ted Kennedy to offer his support to Obama in 2008 election.

Its all Gravy... but I think that Ryan Tubridy influencing Ted Kennedy is a bit of a stretch, and i think you'll find that FF did a pretty bang up job of hounding themselves out of office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I would love to know who designed the cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Even though JonathonAnon is typically anti-Tubridian in his outlook

anti Tubridian... brilliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I want a mug :) I miss Ryan this week :( dave just doesnt do it for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Autosport wrote: »
    I want a mug :) I miss Ryan this week :( dave just doesnt do it for me :(

I like Dave but he doesnt have any filter between brain and mouth, its like listening to his stream of conscience when hes babbling away:pac:

Im sure we will get the full rundown of his absence on Monday .

You mention the interview with Cowen (who I personally think Tubridy was just not a supporter of as his party leader), but not the love ins with Bertie Ahern

Jon, Ryan eviscerated Brian Cowen on his first LLS back in September 2009. Does this not count or is he still be a FF supporter here. You are trying to twist the facts every way. How can he be a FF man if he is trying to bring down the government.

This is from a Jody Corcoran's article in 2009, after the first LLS.Brian Cowen wasn't interviewed by Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late Show. He was mugged. More than that, to my mind, he was mugged in a two-faced, creeping Jesus sort of way by a host who was, as I see it, too cowardly to stand up like a man and ask the hard question on his own. This is what he said: "The Sunday Independent talked about you drinking too much..." The Sunday Independent did no such thing. I asked the hard question. The Taoiseach answered it. Like a man. Ryan Tubridy makes my skin crawl.

I'm sorry Jon but your logic makes no sense. Why would he attack the FF leader, a leader in a vulnerable position, if he didn't want to rid the country of these guys. When he interviewed Bertie Ahern in the same season and was booed by the audience for asking Ahern the tough questions. I don't know maybe i'm wrong but nothing here seems to make sense. When you think of the political knowledge Ryan has, it means that he knew it would damage FF.

• Advertisement

Jon, Ryan eviscerated Brian Cowen on his first LLS back in September 2009. Does this not count or is he still be a FF supporter here. You are trying to twist the facts every way. How can he be a FF man if he is trying to bring down the government.

This is from a Jody Corcoran's article in 2009, after the first LLS.Brian Cowen wasn't interviewed by Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late Show. He was mugged. More than that, to my mind, he was mugged in a two-faced, creeping Jesus sort of way by a host who was, as I see it, too cowardly to stand up like a man and ask the hard question on his own. This is what he said: "The Sunday Independent talked about you drinking too much..." The Sunday Independent did no such thing. I asked the hard question. The Taoiseach answered it. Like a man. Ryan Tubridy makes my skin crawl.

I'm sorry Jon but your logic makes no sense. Why would he attack the FF leader, a leader in a vulnerable position, if he didn't want to rid the country of these guys. When he interviewed Bertie Ahern in the same season and was booed by the audience for asking Ahern the tough questions. I don't know maybe i'm wrong but nothing here seems to make sense. When you think of the political knowledge Ryan has, it means that he knew it would damage FF.

the political knowledge he thinks he has and lack of interviewing skills will sum all that up for you.

Jon, Ryan eviscerated Brian Cowen on his first LLS back in September 2009. Does this not count or is he still be a FF supporter here. You are trying to twist the facts every way.

My point is that he gave EVERY OTHER Fianna Fáil guest an easy ride, and some of the audiences seemed like they were hand picked from his Ógra Fianna Fáil friends up the road in UCD.. particularly for Bertie... His "hard" interview of Cowan was because Cowan was bad for the party (i.e. that being Tubridy's party) AND Tubridy was overcompensating because he wished to distance himself from his FF background...

Can I ask you these questions directly about Ryan Tubridy:
    i) Do you think he is a supporter of the Fianna Fáil party?
    ii) Do you think that Willie O'Dea (him who swore a false affidavit as Minister For Defence), Brian Crowley and Bertie Ahern (him who lied to the tribunal) were asked appropriately probing questions about their affairs? Particularly in the cases of Ahern and O'Dea..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

My point is that he gave EVERY OTHER Fianna Fáil guest an easy ride, and some of the audiences seemed like they were hand picked from his Ógra Fianna Fáil friends up the road in UCD.. particularly for Bertie... His "hard" interview of Cowan was because Cowan was bad for the party (i.e. that being Tubridy's party) AND Tubridy was overcompensating because he wished to distance himself from his FF background...

Can I ask you these questions directly about Ryan Tubridy:
    i) Do you think he is a supporter of the Fianna Fáil party?
    ii) Do you think that Willie O'Dea (him who swore a false affidavit as Minister For Finance), Brian Crowley and Bertie Ahern (him who lied to the tribunal) were asked appropriately probing questions about their affairs? Particularly in the cases of Ahern and O'Dea..
    Willie O'Dea was never minister for finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I actually ended up listening to the show a few times this week. Dave is great. Really enjoyed yesterday about the sax solos and the one liner cheesy jokes. Was great fun.

Needless to say, tubridy will find me reaching for the dial next week. Dave for permanent replacement please rte.

telekon wrote: »
    I actually ended up listening to the show a few times this week. Dave is great. Really enjoyed yesterday about the sax solos and the one liner cheesy jokes. Was great fun.

Needless to say, tubridy will find me reaching for the dial next week. Dave for permanent replacement please rte.

I have suggested this before i would like to see the ratings for the last week while he was on air.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Willie O'Dea was never minister for finance.

sorry, I meant Defence..

Anybody know where he was last week? Was he over in the UK preparing for the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

sorry, I meant Defence..

Anybody know where he was last week? Was he over in the UK preparing for the show?

Does he start next weekend?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Does he start next weekend?

Just googled it there.. seems he starts on July 23rd, and is working for eight Saturday mornings.. so a good month and a half before he starts.

Just googled it there.. seems he starts on July 23rd, and is working for eight Saturday mornings.. so a good month and a half before he starts.

can we tune into that?
    im sure we will get a rundown tuesday morning,more than likely he was involved with something be it starting his new book or been an mc of something or lining up more work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    can we tune into that?
    im sure we will get a rundown tuesday morning,more than likely he was involved with something be it starting his new book or been an mc of something or lining up more work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

It will be interesting to see if there will be any reaction to him here,,,

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Advertisement