Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

good stuff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Got me car stereo fixed nice one!! Tuned into a bit of our hero this morning........he's funny, with his funny accents etc...i particularly enjoyed his female marathon runner accent...(More like a john Inman impression)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

he's funny, with his funny accents etc...

Funny peculiar or funny ha ha?

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Funny peculiar or funny ha ha?
    funny like a guy who's lost his mind and is talking to nobody but himself (on air)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

funny like a guy who's lost his mind and is talking to nobody but himself (on air)

OK so that would be funny peculiar. I agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

I noticed this too. He was as if he was on a high. I couldn't figure it out, until i tuned into newstalk for a second and heard aoibhinn standing in for tom dunne from 10-12. Now i'm stuck in a quandary over who to listen to from 10 to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I know that Gerry Ryan's death was a tragedy etc. but I wish that Tubbers wouldn't refer to him as if he was the personification of a deity, such as he did today.

I still reckon that RTE handled the situation shamefully when the truth emerged about GR's death. They swept the whole thing under the carpet and carried on as if he was a paragon of virtue. I remember a few years ago listening to the Ryanline after there was a gangland shooting in Dublin related to drugs, and GR's anger that these guys were putting ordinary citizens in danger. It all sounds so hollow now. :mad:

I know that Gerry Ryan's death was a tragedy etc. but I wish that Tubbers wouldn't refer to him as if he was the personification of a deity, such as he did today.

I still reckon that RTE handled the situation shamefully when the truth emerged about GR's death. They swept the whole thing under the carpet and carried on as if he was a paragon of virtue. I remember a few years ago listening to the Ryanline after there was a gangland shooting in Dublin related to drugs, and GR's anger that these guys were putting ordinary citizens in danger. It all sounds so hollow now. :mad:

off topic

jimmynokia wrote: »
    off topic

No it's not off-topic. Seeing as you hate Ryan Tubridy, you probably weren't listening to him this morning (yeah right!) when he mentioned the fact that it would have been Gerry Ryan's birthday over the weekend and he played a song in his memory.

As Gerry Ryan was mentioned on Tubridy on 2FM this morning, I fail to see why this is "off-topic".

No it's not off-topic. Seeing as you hate Ryan Tubridy, you probably weren't listening to him this morning (yeah right!) when he mentioned the fact that it would have been Gerry Ryan's birthday over the weekend and he played a song in his memory.

As Gerry Ryan was mentioned on Tubridy on 2FM this morning, I fail to see why this is "off-topic".

When did i say i hate tubridy(i would like to see this in evidence via quote please)
    you are ranting on about rte sweeping the GR thing under the carpet,this thread is about tubridy not GR so its off topic.
    And gerry ryan done a great job on radio we all know the figures and stats for tubbers so there is no argument here for you to fight.

• Advertisement

You're not exactly the leader of Ryan Tubridy's fan club, are you? I've yet to see one positive comment you've made about the guy. And when did they make you a Moderator on this thing? I must've misssed that.

You're not exactly the leader of Ryan Tubridy's fan club, are you? I've yet to see one positive comment you've made about the guy. And when did they make you a Moderator on this thing? I must've misssed that.

Where is the quote please?
    And while your at it where and when did i say i was a moderator(quote that too)
    I would suggest if you have nothing constructive to say,your best off saying nothing.
    Please come back with the sufficient evidence then your points can be called valid.

I would suggest if you have nothing constructive to say,your best off saying nothing.

Excuse me, but I'm entitled to my views and I won't be told by you what I can or cannot say. My comments about Gerry Ryan are in relation to a segment on Ryan Tubridy's show on 2FM this morning. And perhaps you should take your own advice about not saying anything unless you have something constructive to say, when it comes to this particular thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ghiertal wrote: »
    I couldn't figure it out, until i tuned into newstalk for a second and heard aoibhinn standing in for tom dunne from 10-12.

As in Tubridy's ex missus ?

As in Tubridy's ex missus ?

YES i got a warning of gherital not to talk about this and then he sends a friend invite ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

And I'm giving a warning to keep this thread on-topic and no back seat modding or offenders will get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

When did i say i hate tubridy(i would like to see this in evidence via quote please)
    And gerry ryan done a great job on radio we all know the figures and stats for tubbers so there is no argument here for you to fight.
    Worst Irish person in history

Ryan tubridy

Ah i think i would disagree, i guess DLB and GR were good friends so it's understandable. Regarding the "personification of a deity" well that's our fault really, bertie, charlie, ben dunne, dunphy....the irish love drug addicts and criminals before they are outed, we much rather listen to people on the edge than the likes of DLB waffling on about xmen and pier walking. The fact is a lot of people liked GR before he was outed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Definition of Irony: Ryan Tubridy this morning talking about cronyism and nepotism in the civil service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Listened this morning for no more than 5 minutes to Tubs talking with David Coleman. David was responding to listeners parenting problems. Anyway sure enough Tubs made a balls of his involvement in the process. During the five minutes I heard he interrupted proceeding to ask Coleman if he had seen Modern Family, and proceeded to tell him all about it how clever and and multi-leveled it was. He recommended 30 Rock. After the ad break he asked David who his favourite Bond was, who he thought would make a good next Bond etc.. this ate up time that they should have used to respond to the actual parents with problems. The contrast to the way Sean Moncrieff used to run the parenting slot with Coleman was marked.

A little later I heard part of a conversation with some parent and Tubs had gotten them a tractor from Smyths Toys as some sort of Jim'll Fix It, kind of make the kid happy lark. All very well etc. but it appeared to me that he is incapable of relating to real parenting problems with Coleman in a mature way, but came into his own with simplistic 'give them a toy and make them happy approach'.

Maybe I am stretching this but it echos his attitude to adults in the current recession. He seems incapable or dealing with the harsh realities of peoples lives and instead thinks that playing some quirky tunes to lift the spirits and focusing on 'the positive' will in some magically way make people with real-life problems feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

He was second choice for the Late Late behind Miriam O Callaghan.
    He was second choice for the G Ryan slot behind Ray Darcy.

It is it any surprise that he is floundering.

ghiertal wrote: »
    Worst Irish person in history

Ryan tubridy

You actually took the time to search for that how sad can a person be and the people that thank it.:)

AND a question for the tubridy champion since when does WORST mean HATE hmmmmmmmm.

You actually took the time to search for that how sad can a person be and the people that thank it.:)

You asked for evidence of your antipathy towards Ryan Tubridy and it was presented to you. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact, the words "game", "set" and "match" spring to mind. :)

You asked for evidence of your antipathy towards Ryan Tubridy and it was presented to you. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact, the words "game", "set" and "match" spring to mind. :)

NO i think there is a tennis section somewhere you might want to go there if you want game,set and match PLUS the fact that you did not find it makes it GAME for me MATCH for GHERITAL and a fat LOSS for you.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    ALSO if you read i said he is the worst person where does that say HATE????

NO i think there is a tennis section somewhere you might want to go there if you want game,set and match PLUS the fact that you did not find it makes it GAME for me MATCH for GHERITAL and a fat LOSS for you.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    ALSO if you read i said he is the worst person where does that say HATE????

It's a question of semantics, dear Jimmy. Plus I couldn't be arsed looking up your posts. Oh yeah, and I take it you know the difference between speaking metaphorically and speaking literally on the whole "game, set and match" thing? So I won't be needing the tennis section on this occasion but thanks for letting me know that there's a tennis section. I might pop in during Wimbledon.

It's a question of semantics, dear Jimmy. Plus I couldn't be arsed looking up your posts. Oh yeah, and I take it you know the difference between speaking metaphorically and speaking literally on the whole "game, set and match" thing? So I won't be needing the tennis section on this occasion but thanks for letting me know that there's a tennis section. I might pop in during Wimbledon.

I will take that as game set and match to me so THANKS be a good (sport)and take the beating

I will take that as game set and match to me so THANKS be a good (sport)and take the beating

:D You sound like a 10 year old in the school yard, Jimmy. :D
    That brings me back a bit.

No your just a sore loser LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D Take it like a man...
    Would hate to at the table your sitting at in a pub when your footy teams gets thrashed:D:D:D

No your just a sore looser LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D Take it like a man...
    Would hate to at the table your sitting at in a pub when your footy teams gets thrashed:D:D:D

It's "loser".

• Advertisement

No sense of humor either?starting to sound like somebody familiar...

Advertisement