Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Jimmynokia is banned for 3 days for once again bringing the thread off-topic. Others are also warned of future conduct.

I enjoyed today's show actually, with the childrens TV themes being played out. It began with a mention of the death of Roy Skelton (the voice of Zippy in Rainbow, RIP) and turned into a nostalgia fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Karsini wrote: »
    I enjoyed today's show actually, with the childrens TV themes being played out. It began with a mention of the death of Roy Skelton (the voice of Zippy in Rainbow, RIP) and turned into a nostalgia fest.

He had a listener from the country on yesterday whose son's toy tractor had been stolen from their front garden. The caller said that her son has a vivid imagination so Tubbers said he must be like Mr Benn which probably went right over her head. Those of us who weren't living on the Eastern seaboard had to make do with just 1 channel growing up until the late 70s when RTE 2 came along. Most of us wouldn't have a clue who Mr Benn was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Karsini wrote: »
    That's about right... "All things children" is DLB's comfort zone. I tuned in today between 9am and 9.15am and the dominant subject was "who stole the office fizzle sticks" ...there's good licence fee value right there...

That's about right... "All things children" is DLB's comfort zone. I tuned in today between 9am and 9.15am and the dominant subject was "who stole the office fizzle sticks" ...there's good licence fee value right there...

It was slightly redeemed by the film quiz they had towards the end of the show. I enjoyed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I was out of the country for a while, just tuned back in to see if there were any improvements to the chosen one's show.

Slight improvement, he made it to 9.30 before Mad Men/Westwing got mentioned.

todays paper section made me laugh!

DLB: so the papers are talking presidential election which we're interested in, and the tabloids are talking ryan giggs, so where ya gonna go?
    Woman: er....Brian Lenihan....
    DLB: oh yea of course....

DLB: so the papers are talking presidential election which we're interested in, and the tabloids are talking ryan giggs, so where ya gonna go?
    Woman: er....Brian Lenihan....
    DLB: oh yea of course....

I missed that, what an amateur.
    I heard his ex, Aoibhean, on Newstalk last week, she's pretty good on radio.

Poly wrote: »
    I was out of the country for a while, just tuned back in to see if there were any improvements to the chosen one's show.

Slight improvement, he made it to 9.30 before Mad Men/Westwing got mentioned.

Tubbs was doing quite well recently until this morning when books, Mad Men, Sinatra and Dean Martin were mentioned within seconds of each other and a song by Ella Fitzgerald followed but I'm willing to overlook it this time ;):D

Was it just me or were those kids in the spelling contest today really bad? I know they were only primary school children but they were supposed to be the best in Ulster :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Looks like nothing will change,i think the changes will take place while he is on vacation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Singing along with a monkey song today:rolleyes:

Singing along with a monkey song today:rolleyes:
    I noticed that yesterday...it was fraggles and muppets and grouches ...and trying to convince the news woman that her kids need to revert back to the 70's and watch what he watched when he was a kid....
    A post above here somewhere said the same thing about a previous morning too.

Seems like a bad attempt to reach out to parents who are at home with kids and create a niche radio program ....
    Unfortunately it comes accross as SAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

it comes accross as SAD

Prescient of you - the theme of this morning's show - Sad Songs. They were just poking fun at the subject - showed no awareness of the difference between poignancy and cheeseiness.

The expression "Spelling B/ Bee" - thats an exclusivly american term is it not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

he was painful, I have grown to really dislike him and cant listen now. The chat with the woman from the news was so strained as she fake laughs through it. He seems to rely on old shows / dvds and his niche tastes to get through the show?

At points he throws in these 'wahey' and then 'Karen' (in the Ray Liotta style form Goodfellas' and when they went to the kids live he says "Cookie monster" with no real context

He is turning into the knob nation characature (sp?)

Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Gunn4r wrote: »
    he was painful, I have grown to really dislike him and cant listen now. The chat with the woman from the news was so strained as she fake laughs through it. He seems to rely on old shows / dvds and his niche tastes to get through the show?

At points he throws in these 'wahey' and then 'Karen' (in the Ray Liotta style form Goodfellas' and when they went to the kids live he says "Cookie monster" with no real context

He is turning into the knob nation characature (sp?)

Pity
    I hear what your saying.
    Before he started 2FM in September I though he was okay and did a pretty good job on the Late Late.
    Over the year I have gone from thinking he was okay to really disliking him, so much that I rarely watch the Lata Late where as I used to always watch it weekly.
    As for the radio show.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

miketv wrote: »
    I hear what your saying.
    Before he started 2FM in September I though he was okay and did a pretty good job on the Late Late.
    Over the year I have gone from thinking he was okay to really disliking him, so much that I rarely watch the Lata Late where as I used to always watch it weekly.
    As for the radio show.. :rolleyes:

He seems really at home with the kids on all week,buala bus for him give him a slot on the den or bring back bosco and let him host it.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    He seems really at home with the kids on all week,buala bus for him give him a slot on the den or bring back bosco and let him host it.
    Actually that may not be a bad idea, no embarrasment for 2fm if he shifts to the new rte online station for kids..everybody wins!

miketv wrote: »
    Actually that may not be a bad idea, no embarrasment for 2fm if he shifts to the new rte online station for kids..everybody wins!

Think of the children!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just listening back to it on the podcast to see if he's improved... I loved the start of the program..

Tubridy: "Nigel, tell us your story"..
    Nigel: "Sorry Ryan, I really have to take this call"...
    (Nigel proceeds to put Tubridy on hold)...

:D:D:D

Nigel:"It's Father's Day on Sunday, Ryan, and she's my gift" Tubridy:"oh yeah, and the rest"..
    Tubridy: "manhandles her in to the back of the car.... oh, I find it breathtaking, the story"
    Tubridy: "it's a gruesome story, but thank god it has a grisly happy ending"
    Tubridy: "he was taking no for an answer, he was physically out and by the wrist and in to the back of the car"

He really creeps me out when he speaks about children.. It reminds me of how I felt when Michael Jackson used to talk about kids.. It seemed like he was enjoying re-enacting the attempted abduction... Truly shocking story, and appropriately enough accompanied by truly a shocking radio broadcaster..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Some young'un on now boasting about her first class honours from Carlow IT. Who gives a damn?

"Oh, I must ring Ryan Tubridy and tell him the news" :rolleyes:

Back to prendeville.

TEXT: Hey ryan we're off to Take that in croke park tomorrow night, what should we pack?
    Ryan: er....wetgear...

THe irish mothafockin Howard Stern right there folks....

I was just informed he was singing the "wheels on the bus"....wtf

He is singing along to the "wheels on the bus"

who is he aiming his show at now????? toddlers??????

really worth a listen back and hear what he has been reduced to

who is he aiming his show at now????? toddlers??????

really worth a listen back and hear what he has been reduced to

I just caught the last second and all i heard was the song being played and DLB making strange noises in the background....

Tubridy
    09:00 - 11:00
    Entertaining Radio with Intelligence . It is spontaneous, unpredictable, humorous and current and is on every week day from 9.00 - 11.00 on RTE 2fm

Maybe singing about the "wheels coming off the bus" might be more appropriate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

spelling.jpg

Further evidence that Tubs should be working in childrens television. He is a Willy Wonka wannabe, in fact he was dressed as Willy Wonka for the toy show wasnt he? Sang Pure Imagintion if I am not mistaken.

lempsipmax wrote: »
    spelling.jpg

Further evidence that Tubs should be working in childrens television. He is a Willy Wonka wannabe, in fact he was dressed as Willy Wonka for the toy show wasnt he? Sang Pure Imagintion if I am not mistaken.

toys1_collins_749722t.jpg

Tubridy
    09:00 - 11:00
    Entertaining Radio with Intelligence . It is spontaneous, unpredictable, humorous and current and is on every week day from 9.00 - 11.00 on RTE 2fm

I just watched that video on your link..
    cringe

• Advertisement

toys1_collins_749722t.jpg
    ah cmon that's the toy show...that's his job...withdraw....

this on the other hand

Advertisement