Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭prunudo

ah cmon that's the toy show...that's his job...withdraw....

this on the other hand

That's the most cringeworth thing I've ever heard. What does he think he is doing and more importantly why/how are the powers that be allowing this sh1te to continue.
    As somebody said earlier who are 2fm and tubridy trying to aim their station/show at. I thought that it was supposed to be rebranded as a 25-44 age group or something last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

ah cmon that's the toy show...that's his job...withdraw....

this on the other hand

That's just creepy. Seriously creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

RTE's top man there.
    It's no wonder I refuse to pay the licence tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

mikom wrote: »
    RTE's top man there.
    It's no wonder I refuse to pay the licence tax.

WTF he says who make such horrible music and then he sings along with it

bosco,bosco,bosco,bring it back let our tubbers host it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Listening to the bus song bit, I think he's not far from driving to Dundee in his bare feet whilst gorging on Toblerones.

• Advertisement

We are all in for it again he is in the zoo tomor

TubridyTweets Ryan Tubridy
    Hurrah! “@Jim_Sheridan: I'm LIVE with @TubridyTweets in Dublin Zoo tomorrow on RTE 2fm...It's "Tune That Name,its a Zoological Thing" :)
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

goose2005 wrote: »
    Listening to the bus song bit, I think he's not far from driving to Dundee in his bare feet whilst gorging on Toblerones.

Has Tubbers moved into a travel tavern yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

wheels on the bus again this morning fcukin hell:D that and the feckin monkey song he keeps playing. he really is a strange chap! As already said he seems to be going for the housewife market, lot of those ray darcy show style texts about women dancing round the kitchen with their babies:rolleyes:

Actually the only thing I have to turn the radio off for is that 'tune that name' thing with the lads going 'wahey!' every few seconds. christ thats bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Switched on a radio and heard tubs singing 74/75 by the connells like a person would imitate somebody with mental disability and then switched off!! it's only a few seconds long but worth checking out!!

...and why are normal everyday things "old school" to him....like "today i went home and watched the tennis old school" etc... is he from the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

A little piece of my soul just died.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »

That's funny :D

we will hear all about it monday
    http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23lovevinyl

TubridyTweets Ryan Tubridy
    Macca fans will appreciate the gift Universal Music left for me this morning... #lovevinyl yfrog.com/khev2jj
    24 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply

Tuned in briefly today and yet again getting of on other peoples financial woes (seems to be a regular feature),oh gosh oh jeepers oh golly,yet us taxpayers fund this DLB,and RTE are up the wall in it.RTE if you have not copped on now there is no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i am forced to listen to him every morning. i know the show is meant to be light hearted and just a bit of fun, with the odd serious topic thrown in, but jez hes starting to get on my nerves big time. whats with asking people to text/phone in with their fav sad/happy/ whatever songs and then only plays maybe 3 of them? hes a fecker for teasing us with the start of a good song and then cuts it and goes on to something else! when he actually cut halfway through lady gaga song and said he couldnt stick listening to it anymore, that was it for me. im not much of a gaga fan myself but stop a tune because you didnt like it! hes a dj! he supposed to play all kinds of songs whether he likes them or not! (unless your dave fanning-boo too).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Girls Dollies today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Is it me or are his silly voices getting to anyone else?????? :mad:

Im so sick of flicking through radio channels in the morning to find a presenter that good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Justask wrote: »
    Is it me or are his silly voices getting to anyone else?????? :mad:

Im so sick of flicking through radio channels in the morning to find a presenter that good :(
    yep about 10 months ago, only another 2 months before he clocks his 1st year, very suprised he has survived this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

I used to enjoy the show but now it's the same things all the time, cringworthy "banter" with the news reader who sounds like she just wants to tell him to piss off. Bring back toys, sweets & kids programmes from when he was young! Segments on people who can't pay their bills or have a family member who has an illness but don't worry cos he gives them a weekend away or a trip to the late late. His pontification on all things he doesn't like- wedges, flip flops not holidaying in Ireland! Of course the usual Barack Obama, mad men, books. That bloody awful 'tune that name' call in piece of crap! After all that if your not POSITIVE he doesn't want to know about it, sticks his head in the sand, gets in callers who have the same thinking & tries to make it seems like all will be ok!

celsy wrote: »
    I used to enjoy the show but now it's the same things all the time, cringworthy "banter" with the news reader who sounds like she just wants to tell him to piss off. Bring back toys, sweets & kids programmes from when he was young! Segments on people who can't pay their bills or have a family member who has an illness but don't worry cos he gives them a weekend away or a trip to the late late. His pontification on all things he doesn't like- wedges, flip flops not holidaying in Ireland! Of course the usual Barack Obama, mad men, books. That bloody awful 'tune that name' call in piece of crap! After all that if your not POSITIVE he doesn't want to know about it, sticks his head in the sand, gets in callers who have the same thinking & tries to make it seems like all will be ok!

Well said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

celsy wrote: »
    I used to enjoy the show but now it's the same things all the time!
    Celsy i have to agree the standard of the show over the past few weeks has been poor. I felt yesterday that he was just going through the motions and at the end of today's show he said he will somehow have to get through to end of week. I feel that this isn't good enough for someone on his wages, it's hard to imagine Gay letting his standards drop like this. Ryan is letting his fans down. If he needs a break then he shouldn't have taken the BBC gig.I hate writing this but we are entitled to better, more than just filler and music in a two hour talk show.

Today's show

9.01 News starts minute late
    9.04 Show begins, talking about song "I wish i was a little bit taller", earworm
    9.05 Papers: Louis walsh, top 10 toys, why is Jackie Healy-Rea called sugar daddy
    9.11 Talks about seeing film Bridesmaids, ice cream, defrosting freezer
    9.17 Skeelo: I Wish
    9.21 Texts: Jackie healy rea, Bridesmaids, grumpy people, Sex and the City
    9.24 Ads
    9.25 Texts: Woman with baby, Bridesmaids, expense of weddings
    9.29 Stevie Wonder:Part-time lover
    9.32 Texts: Children clapping, childhood summers, Glee, Bridesmaids, double-barrelled names
    9.36 Supergrass: Grace
    9.38 Tweets: Christina Hendricks, mad men
    9.39 Ads
    9.40 Texts: Smarties,hyperactivity of ryan, defrosting freezer, Bridesmaids, cost of wedding
    9.42 Talks to caller about double-barrelled names
    9.49 Destiny's Child: Independent women
    9.52 Texts: air kissing
    9.53 Ads
    9.54 Texts: Double-barrelled names
    9.55 Caller(ignorant, rude woman) on double-barrelled names
    9.59 News
    10.02 Ads
    10.03 Texts:Double-barrelled names, Bridesmaids, wedding expenses, box-sets
    10.06 Nob Nation
    10.09 Texts: Wedding expense, Bridesmaids, double-barrelled names
    10.11 Song James Morrison?
    10.14 Texts:Retirement, school, wedding expense
    10.15 Ads
    10.16 Texts: Double barrelled names
    10.17 David Coleman
    10.37 Ads
    10.38 Texts: Children playing
    10.39 Michael Buble: Hollywood
    10.43 Call with man getting married tomorrow
    10.47 Texts: Wedding expense
    10.48 Ads
    10.49 Texts: Double barrelled names, childhood summers
    10.51 Phil Collins song
    10.55 Texts: Wedding
    10.58 Ads
    10.59 Texts:Wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

ghiertal wrote: »
    Ryan is letting his fans down.

I fixed that for ya Ghiertal.

We have reached a new low folks, even Ghiertal is sick of him now;)

i had to double check i was in the right thread when i seen that post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Poly wrote: »
    even Ghiertal is sick of him now;)

I'd like to put that down to my powers of persuasion, but it seems Tubridy has done this all by himself..

All the time on the show that used to be filled with Gerry Ryan talking about his wife/kids/etc and swopping personal experiences with the callers... has been filled with Tubridy talking to callers about books, Facebook, Twitter (i.e. anything bar discussing his precious private life).. He NEVER fitted the correct profile to present the show..

It was yet another decision that was more for the benefit of the man himself than the license payer who pay his wages.. Well done again RTE..

I agree with most of the views here and if Ghiertal is getting fed up with him, then that's definitely saying something. I just don't think this sort of show suits him. I don't know if anyone remembers, but about 12 years ago Ryan Tubridy did a Saturday morning show called "Morning Glory" on Radio 1 which I really liked. It was a very quirky show (a mix of arts, books, politics, TV, music, films etc. with weekly guests) and it suited Tubridy's style perfectly. This is the sort of show he should still be doing, not the regular two hour weekday morning slot that G.Ryan vacated. I was no fan of Gerry Ryan but he did seem to be able to click with his audience. I think Tubbers seems to be alienating himself more and more from this audience and I think he knows it. Last week he was slagging people who were slagging him about books and JFK etc.
    I still think he does the Late Late Show pretty well as he's a big improvement on Pat Kenny (it seems to have taken Pat about 20 years to realise that he really is a political animal through and through).

I doubt his 2FM radio show will continue if the listenership figures continue to drop but I actually think that he should go back to Radio One to his old slot for an hour each morning replacing the execrable John Murray with another quirky Morning Glory-style magazine show. It's what Tubbers does best.

I agree with most of the views here and if Ghiertal is getting fed up with him, then that's definitely saying something. I just don't think this sort of show suits him. I don't know if anyone remembers, but about 12 years ago Ryan Tubridy did a Saturday morning show called "Morning Glory" on Radio 1 which I really liked. It was a very quirky show (a mix of arts, books, politics, TV, music, films etc. with weekly guests) and it suited Tubridy's style perfectly. This is the sort of show he should still be doing, not the regular two hour weekday morning slot that G.Ryan vacated. I was no fan of Gerry Ryan but he did seem to be able to click with his audience. I think Tubbers seems to be alienating himself more and more from this audience and I think he knows it. Last week he was slagging people who were slagging him about books and JFK etc.
    I still think he does the Late Late Show pretty well as he's a big improvement on Pat Kenny (it seems to have taken Pat about 20 years to realise that he really is a political animal through and through).

I doubt his 2FM radio show will continue if the listenership figures continue to drop but I actually think that he should go back to Radio One to his old slot for an hour each morning replacing the execrable John Murray with another quirky Morning Glory-style magazine show. It's what Tubbers does best.

(a mix of arts, books, politics, TV, music, films etc

thats tubbers full stop nothing will change him he should start his own show called ME ryan tubridy starring ryan tubridy,featuring ,nostalgia,twitter,madmen, westwing,boxsets,jfk,sarah palin,bill clinton,obama,ladies shoes,dolls,beatles and jellie beans.
    How he could make a show from that mixture i dont know but he does a good job on it with radio, Oh i forgot other peoples misery too.

Pat Kenny (it seems to have taken Pat about 20 years to realise that he really is a political animal through and through)

was watching the frontline other night not my thing but nothing on tv,pat was excellent at giving back abuse to the panel only thing he still is as boring as a peanut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I have the slightest feeling he wont be back.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    (a mix of arts, books, politics, TV, music, films etc

thats tubbers full stop nothing will change him he should start his own show called ME ryan tubridy starring ryan tubridy,featuring ,nostalgia,twitter,madmen, westwing,boxsets,jfk,sarah palin,bill clinton,obama,ladies shoes,dolls,beatles and jellie beans.
    How he could make a show from that mixture i dont know but he does a good job on it with radio, Oh i forgot other peoples misery too.

That's the point I was making Jimmy. His Morning Glory show wasn't the sort of show that needed a large audience share like he needs in his current show on 2FM. It was quirky, left-field and catered for a certain audience (probably me because I'm a bit of a nerd as well). I'm around the same age as Tubridy so I can identify with a lot of his nostalgic reference points but however much RTE try to push him as such, he doesn't have a mass-market appeal when it comes to radio.

• Advertisement

dave fanning is starting monday covering for (tubs massive 8 week paid break:mad:) think i should start a thread see what people think.

Advertisement