Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jimmynokia wrote: »
    dave fanning is starting monday covering for (tubs massive 8 week paid break:mad:) think i should start a thread see what people think.

Fanning isn't much better. All that stupid laughing and his incessant talking. He's like a stream of consciousness machine that you can't switch off.
    I used to listen to him on 2FM when he had his talk show in the evenings and in the end I gave up on him. For instance, if they were ever talking about TV shows, Fanning's stock response was usually along the lines of: "I never watch television, I don't have time for it, I've never heard of Glenroe, I've never heard of Eastenders, I've never heard of Primetime hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ad nauseum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Fanning isn't much better. All that stupid laughing and his incessant talking. He's like a stream of consciousness machine that you can't switch off.
    I used to listen to him on 2FM when he had his talk show in the evenings and in the end I gave up on him. For instance, if they were ever talking about TV shows, Fanning's stock response was usually along the lines of: "I never watch television, I don't have time for it, I've never heard of Glenroe, I've never heard of Eastenders, I've never heard of Primetime hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ad nauseum :rolleyes:

Ive only heard fanning when he covered for the DLB he was easier to listen to,i did remember fanning years ago and he was sh1te BUT seems to do a better job than tubbers in saying that it aint that hard to be better than tubbers.
    I will start a thread then see if the show goes in any direction.

This monday mr fanning takes over ryan tubridy:) for the 8 weeks break he was paid to take:mad:
    Share your thoughts on his show and progression.

here is the new thread for dave fanning.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056315081

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

thats tubbers full stop nothing will change him he should start his own show called ME ryan tubridy starring ryan .

Earlier this week a man called in to talk about his trip to Glastonbury with his 8 year old daughter. Tubridy didn't ask him anything about the festival just cut across him and asked the man if he had ever seen the movie "Paper Moon", when the caller said he hadn't tubridy told him to rent it out that it's a great movie for dads to watch with daughters of that age. Tubridy had seen it a few weeks before. If he goes to the cinema he spends the entire next day telling us all about it.

The reason i wrote out what happened on wednesday's show was because when i listened on tuesday he seemed to spend the whole time reading texts and playing music. If he is supposed to be replacing gerry then he should have more topics and callers on. Maybe he is just tired or something and hopefully he'll be in better form come september.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

ghiertal wrote: »
    Earlier this week a man called in to talk about his trip to Glastonbury with his 8 year old daughter. Tubridy didn't ask him anything about the festival just cut across him and asked the man if he had ever seen the movie "Paper Moon", when the caller said he hadn't tubridy told him to rent it out that it's a great movie for dads to watch with daughters of that age. Tubridy had seen it a few weeks before. If he goes to the cinema he spends the entire next day telling us all about it.

I noticed this too. Most radio DJs would love to have a caller who was at Glastonbury. It's one of the most famous festivals in the world, with so much to discuss. The sights, the sounds, the experience, the history, the music. Everything. Instead, Tubridy solely focused on the caller's daughter, and recommended some obscure movie for him to watch. The caller seemed bemused and was probably thinking, "Ryan, you don't seem to understand, I'm calling to talk about Glastonbury."

Also, I heard a segment where he discussed flowers with a florist, and he mentioned his favourite flower was such because it reminds him of the 1940s.

He really seems to be living a double life, both here and in the 1940s. Like the old TV show Goodnight, Sweetheart. Maybe his other life in the past is really tiring at the moment, so he doesn't have the energy for his job in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Anybody catch the first 5 minutes of todays show? Its worth a listen on the podcast. Emma is having a baby in August and Tubbs was all excited about this, once again revealing as much about her and her family as he could (kids names etc). I never hear him mention his own kids (not that he has to but stop blabbing out the newsreaders familys names).
    Anyhow she seemed pissed off as usual after 2 minutes of him anoying her. Fantastic cringy stuff.

i heard that and him going on about the doll again i would say Emma wanted to loaf him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

miketv wrote: »
    Tubbs was all excited about this, once again revealing as much about her and her family as he could . I never hear him mention his own kids

I mentioned this before Mike.. A few months back, he played audio of the newsreaders kids that Emma recorded on her (private) mobile phone LIVE on national radio, and named her two kids.. I think this is a double standard.. If he thinks that it is wrong to use his own kids as fodder for his show, how dare he use Emma's kids to boost his ratings..

Having read what ye said above about the decline I took a listen back to yesterday's show .. It has gotten worse.. Even more funny voices, nothing but discussion of tabloid issues.. Cheryl Cole's hair, shoes, Pippa Middleton's arse.. Here's the highlights of the first twenty minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Having read what ye said above about the decline I took a listen back to yesterday's show .. It has gotten worse.. Even more funny voices, nothing but discussion of tabloid issues.. Cheryl Cole's hair, shoes, Pippa Middleton's arse.. Here's the highlights of the first twenty minutes..

Oh dear. And him a grown man. Very, very embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

The 30th of JUNE, surely?

Either way it's juvenile stuff he's putting out.

Big Tone wrote: »
    The 30th of JUNE, surely?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs.. I'm not uploading it again.. :mad::mad::mad:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs.. I'm not uploading it again.. :mad::mad::mad:

This clip should be sent to the BBC and let them see what cringeworhty radio is like,as for rambling on about emma and her new baby etc,he has some neck to use other peoples kids his life is a big secret the nail has to come down on his head when/if he comes back and somebody give him a grilling about him and his personal life ,i would say Emmas husband would love to strangle the DLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

here is the new thread for dave fanning.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056315081

It's the same show, just a different presenter filling in. No new thread required. Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Anybody catch the first 5 minutes of todays show? Its worth a listen on the podcast. Emma is having a baby in August and Tubbs was all excited about this, once again revealing as much about her and her family as he could (kids names etc). I never hear him mention his own kids (not that he has to but stop blabbing out the newsreaders familys names).
    Anyhow she seemed pissed off as usual after 2 minutes of him anoying her. Fantastic cringy stuff.

he has no bother blabbing about other peoples private lives and mentioning their kids on national radio, but he panics when someone asks hin about his kids or private life! you'd know it because he stumbles over his words and then rushes onto another topic to avoid anymore questions. someone should say it to him.
    Anton Savage- now theres a good dj. can cover any topic. hes very good when he fills in for grumpy arse ray d'arcy.

Bard wrote: »
    It's the same show, just a different presenter filling in. No new thread required. Merged.

dont you think 8 weeks is a long stint to be filling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Mind the door doesn't hit you on the arse on your way out:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/tubridy-drops-hint-about-rte-departure-2811551.html

"Tubridy will meet his new BBC producer shortly and said it was still too early to discuss possible guests or the show's content. However, he said he would not be changing his broadcasting style for the UK audience"

Of course you shouldn't change your style Ryan, it's worked so well in Ireland! I wonder how the Brits will like an endless loop of Willy Wonka, JFK, Madmen......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

How many researchers will he have on the beeb? Not likely to be as many as he has in Donnybrook which means he will have to do a bit of work!

The 2fm host had originally hoped to have the four stars from 'Get Back: the Story of The Beatles', which runs in The Olympia on July 8 and 9, perform on the roof of RTE during his show yesterday.

The chap must be living in a world of "pure imagination"... He wanted them up on the roof ?? For a fkn radio show.. They would have been better off spending a bit of time mixing the drums properly, cos when they got to the chorus the drums were all you could hear.. Once again Tubridy's whims indulged by RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

bbability wrote: »
    How many researchers will he have on the beeb? Not likely to be as many as he has in Donnybrook which means he will have to do a bit of work!

If the BBC are looking for another Terry Wogan, Tubs is definitely not it, Wogan had a self deprecating humour which made him quite entertaining.

Tubs has no talent, no real life experience and no interest in anything outside his limited world view. He will fail miserably in the UK and will be back on our shores to retain his birthright of a cushy, well paid job for life.

• Advertisement

Dave was back today, I enjoyed the show. No awkward chatter with Emma, papers were good and the show moved along nicely. Such a contrast to the other fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

dont you think 8 weeks is a long stint to be filling in?

Not really when it's RTÉ we're talking about.

Bard wrote: »
    Not really when it's RTÉ we're talking about.

Suppose its like butlins working in there.With pay LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Anyone see the article in Irish Independent last week in relation to Tubridy's cousin Chris Andrews's remarks about Alan Shatter. Ryan didn't mention anything to do with flotilla on the show last week however when Dave McSavage's show was on air he was constantly promoting it.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/of-all-the-world-conflicts-why-are-we-so-hostile-to-israel-2811432.html

I'm not saying that Ryan is anti-semitic however it would be nice to know the views of the most prominent broadcaster in Ireland. Ryan's hero is JFK whose family were notorious anti-semites, especially JFK's father Joe Kennedy. Considering that Ryan's aunt Dorothy was a personal friend of the Kennedys it can't be discounted. Also, a great number of Irish republicans identify with the palestinian cause and Ryan is from a rabidly republican family.

I'm not making any accusations here but as he goes through the papers each day on his radio show and analyses headlines from the political world it would be nice to know where he is coming from. I don't want to be subjected to propaganda that he and his cousin want me to believe. I know that we can't be responsible for the actions of our families but as Ryan got his position through political pull from FF and as such is beholden to them.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Ah here now....
    What have you done with ghiertal?

Seriously where is this change of heart coming from?

ghiertal wrote: »
    I don't want to be subjected to propaganda that he and his cousin want me to believe. I know that we can't be responsible for the actions of our families but as Ryan got his position through political pull from FF and as such is beholden to them.

I've said this before in relation to him.. He's presenting the LLS and interviewing the papers and politicians on his radio show.. And him a through and through FFer... Regarding the Kennedys, Tubridy has a blind spot for his hero when the "Camelot" mask starts to slip.. Like the blind spot he has when it comes to the JFK's affairs, Kennedy anti semitism, JFK conspiracy theories (which he dismisses as nonsense and it pretty much the only issues of the JFK story that he wont speak about)

He seems to shield himself from certain uncomfortable truths in life that dont fit his idyllic view of the world... It's like in Friends where Phoebe's mother turns off the video when Old Yeller dies.. I'd say when Tubs was a kid, Mrs Tubridy turned off the video when there was a run on George Bailey's bank (It's A Wonderful Life).. :)
    giftgrub wrote: »
    Ah here now....What have you done with ghiertal?

I feel a bit guilty.. I feel like I've created a monster.. like Dr Frankenstein.. He used to be the only one standing up for Tubridy, now he at the front of our Anti-Tubridy mob with a lit torch in one hand and a pitchfork in the other.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Ghiertial - you are without doubt THE leading WUM on boards.ie.

case closed/

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_nobnation.xml
    Its worth a listen to the The RTÉ Stand-ins
    Did anyone hear Dave's Reaction to this gem?

• Advertisement

mbur wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Dave's Reaction to this gem?

I think he was just laughing when it came back to him

Advertisement