Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

To be honest, Jimmynokia is not the only poster not favourable to DLB RT.I am including myself in that group:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

WTF...What kind of forum is this, pro RT comments only allowed???

Nah, I believe they are roughly working on a 60/40 split.

Insert obligatory Ryan is cool statement here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Jimmynokia is either contravening the forums charter or he isn't. Threatening to ban people for negativety is a bit ridiculous, tbh. Anyone of us could be accused of that in least one or other thread in this forum.

From the charter -"Both pro- and anti- show opinions are equally welcome."

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Holy Warlord

Rubik. wrote: »
    Jimmynokia is either contravening the forums charter or he isn't. Threatening to ban people for negativety is a bit ridiculous, tbh. Anyone of us could be accused of that in least one or other thread in this forum.

Here, here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Here, here.

Indeed.

I thought he would be off the air for 8 weeks yet he is on this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

mikom wrote: »
    Nah, I believe they are roughly working on a 60/40 split.

Insert obligatory Ryan is cool statement here.

It's very hard to find RT fans these days, Gheirtal was the 40%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bbability wrote: »
    jimmy Nokia warned about future conduct. Your constant posting in this thread negatively about Ryan Tubridy is wearing thin. Continue to do so will result in a lengthy ban

like i said before i dont hate the guy ,he gets on peoples nerves,people been the public,people that visit forums,people that write storys in the papers,all of these have a right to voice their opinion what i post up is whats been said and printed in the papers or on forums so why do i not have right to express that,this is just short of been bullied by threatening people with bans for speaking the truth you have banned me 3 times already,i said i will post up a report of what the english tabloids say when i get chance,shall i give you the email addresses of the reporters so you can threaten them aswell and tell them not to do there job,also i actually congratulated tubs for taking pay cut i did not see you jump in offering a blue peter badge,or tap on the shoulder for it.
    no matter what way things are in life there is good and bad and you are going to have to accept that been a moderator you cant threaten people with bans just because you read something you dont like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/programmes/schedules/2011/07/23

5 days left tubberslovers...

some men are chosen,others fall onto luck...

and some just keep fooling everyone they need to employ them..

if it wasnt so bad...etcetc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Heard a bit of him on Radio 2 this weekend, he sounded a bit lost, imho. Still, miles better than Steve "great show" Wright...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jimmynokia wrote: »
    like i said before i dont hate the guy ,he gets on peoples nerves,people been the public,people that visit forums,people that write storys in the papers,all of these have a right to voice their opinion what i post up is whats been said and printed in the papers or on forums so why do i not have right to express that,this is just short of been bullied by threatening people with bans for speaking the truth you have banned me 3 times already,i said i will post up a report of what the english tabloids say when i get chance,shall i give you the email addresses of the reporters so you can threaten them aswell and tell them not to do there job,also i actually congratulated tubs for taking pay cut i did not see you jump in offering a blue peter badge,or tap on the shoulder for it.
    no matter what way things are in life there is good and bad and you are going to have to accept that been a moderator you cant threaten people with bans just because you read something you dont like.
    You needn't bother preaching the woe is me speech. The moderators warning was clearly correct, as anyone who follows this thread regularly knows.

There is no problem with a person holding a negative view of Tubridy. The problem arises when you spam a discussion thread with constant negative drivel. You essentially post the same thing over and over again, without it ever being based in rational thought.

Of course this hate campaign of yours isn't just confined to the radio forum. You have spammed the tv forum and after hours with this drivel also.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    You needn't bother preaching the woe is me speech. The moderators warning was clearly correct, as anyone who follows this thread regularly knows.

There is no problem with a person holding a negative view of Tubridy. The problem arises when you spam a discussion thread with constant negative drivel. You essentially post the same thing over and over again, without it ever being based in rational thought.

Of course this hate campaign of yours isn't just confined to the radio forum. You have spammed the tv forum and after hours with this drivel also.

its quite evident your in love with the guy each to their own on that case where is the spam and drivel i post with links or extracts from the press,so the only drivel here is you sticking up for your mate,which your entitled to do yet i dont troll the thread with your remarks so maybe you should read what i said before again if you dont like it stay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I listened to the opening 25 minutes on the BBC player. Overall he did a good job, If I knew nothing of him I'd say he was harmless. He sounds alot more professional (the studios in BBC seems to add different sound to his voice, hard to explain). I think the problem lies when he gets comfortable, and gradually even more comfortable he starts to turn into that very annoying 14 yr old teenager.
    Of course he mentioned Mad Men, JFK Elvis etc but in a lot less annoying fashion than he does on 2fm. Watch this space, I foresee him getting very comfortable/relaxed in the weeks ahead and he will start to irritate the listening public as he continues to do on 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

He was unbelievable this morning, told people not to be whining and that they should not get out of bed if they don't enjoy the song he was going to play. Then after the song told us about his holiday in Las Vegas, that he saw two Cirque de Soleil shows (The Beatles and some other one), went on helicopter ride over Grand Canyon. Tubridy is riding on the backs of ordinary folk. Oh yeah, Tubridy is a workaholic. Fiddlesticks! I know plenty of people who work 70 hours a week and never get a holiday for a hell of a lot less money than this fraud. How many weeks off does he get every year?

Tubridy you said that when you took over Gerry's show that you were very nervous because of the legacy. Gerry's legacy was that he talked to people and connected with them. He didn't spend the whole show playing music or talking nonsense with his production team about cheeseboard selections, movies or buckaroo. Plus he worked an hour more per day than the self-confessed workaholic. Ryan, if you damage Gerry's legacy in Britain it would be bad. Gerry saved Chris Evans's career and would also have been well known for hosting eurovision, so please don't associate yourself with him over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

At least Tubridy brought his A game with him..

Sometimes I wonder is he deliberately parodying himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

At least Tubridy brought his A game with him..

Sometimes I wonder is he deliberately parodying himself..
    I actually wondered that myself...if we were playing DLB bingo it would have been "full house" within seconds during that show on sat...mad men, obama, jfk...bleedin weather girl fashion etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

He was on RTE this morning, wtf? I thought he was off to the BBC standing in for Graham Norton for the next eight weeks.

Was that the shortest job interview ever?

Listened in this morning for a bit....I think he's trying to up his game. There was a lot more music and he was depending more on callers than his own ramblings. His only leaning towards his old self was the way he seemed to actually relate to that annoying, immature 15 year old girl such was their mutal interest in cartoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He was on RTE this morning, wtf? I thought he was off to the BBC standing in for Graham Norton for the next eight weeks.

Was that the shortest job interview ever?

Saturdays only. Yep he is double jobbing.

its quite evident your in love with the guy
    I'm not.
    where is the spam and drivel i post with links or extracts from the press,
    Are you for real? I'll give you a clue; this thread.
    you sticking up for your mate
    He isn't a mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mike65 wrote: »
    Saturdays only. Yep he is double jobbing.

Anybody know what he was filming in Vegas.. A documentary about JFK's extracurricular activities? RTE really do look after him dont they, considering they are meant to be cutting costs to breach the 30 million gap in their finances..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

RTE really do look after him dont they, considering they are meant to be cutting costs to breach the 30 million gap in their finances..
    I sure there was a need to hire a chopper to fly over the Grand Canyon, mount a camera(s), take multiple shots morning and evening to get the perfect backdrop for the opening/end credits!
    I can imagine the board meeting before the shoot, "No no, never heard of Istock or gettty images, I suggest that I(tubbs) be onboard to describe the perfect atmosphere as I experience it, It'll be money well spent." :rolleyes:

I'm not.

Are you for real? I'll give you a clue; this thread.

He isn't a mate.

fail.

Anybody know what he was filming in Vegas..

He's making a Bear Gryls type survival show, he will be leaping from the helicopter in just his boxer shorts, and attempting to survive in the desert without twitter, jellybeans and boxsets for two weeks.

He will be drawing on all his skills he learnt during his time with the army ranger wing....

Poly wrote: »
    He's making a Bear Gryls type survival show, he will be leaping from the helicopter in just his boxer shorts, and attempting to survive in the desert without twitter, jellybeans and boxsets for two weeks.

He will be drawing on all his skills he learnt during his time with the army ranger wing....

they should just throw him out with just a pencil

fail.

:rolleyes: Perhaps you should follow your own advice from another thread. Good lad.
    very mature response

:rolleyes: Perhaps you should follow your own advice from another thread. Good lad.

god i have a stalker HELP
    actually the response fits perfectly for the question
    FAIL AGAIN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jimmynokia and Aidric: One warning only. This thread isn't about either of you. STAY ON TOPIC.
    Rubik. wrote: »

Negativity towards a show is one thing, negativity towards a presenter is another thing entirely.

While we're quoting the charter: -

"In particular, personal abuse towards those working in the radio industry (presenters, producers, etc.) will not be tolerated. Yes, they have put themselves in a public position and should be open to criticism but we must insist that criticisms be directed toward their radio programme and their skills at producing that programme, not them personally."..."this forum is NOT for the GENERAL discussion of the presenters themselves, but for discussion of their programmes and their presenting styles. i.e.: topics such as TV shows presented by them, books they may have written, etc. don’t suit this forum."

Ah he's back to normal this morning! The news consisted of famine, drought, burned creditors and death...."so you left out the important news...."
    "what news ryan...."......"you know it's somebodies birthday today....someone really important..." "who ryan"....and then he had the looney tunes theme lined up to play and "what's up doc"....and so forth from there!!

Ah he's back to normal this morning! The news consisted of famine, drought, burned creditors and death...."so you left out the important news...."
    "what news ryan...."......"you know it's somebodies birthday today....someone really important..." "who ryan"....and then he had the looney tunes theme lined up to play and "what's up doc"....and so forth from there!!

Jeezus wept, when are the ratings due up again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Not long to go now - mid-August.

Advertisement