Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    A common enough term - have you never heard it before?

I suspect you miss the point of my post if you think my post was saying that I had never before heard the term "middle England".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

easychair wrote: »
    I suspect you miss the point of my post if you think my post was saying that I had never before heard the term "middle England".

simplify - midlands. happy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

jimmynokia wrote: »
    simplify - midlands. happy now!

I think its more of a social thing than a geographical thing Jimmy...

telekon wrote: »
    I think its more of a social thing than a geographical thing Jimmy...

WELL with certain folk here you just dont know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

You represent yourself quite well your like a parrot continuously posting the same thing with no structure.

Pot, kettle comes to mind :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »
    Pot, kettle comes to mind :rolleyes:

look in the mirror...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

look in the mirror...

Eh I dont post here because the thread goes around in circles :rolleyes: So no need me looking in the mirror love :p

Justask wrote: »
    Eh I dont post here because the thread goes around in circles :rolleyes: So no need me looking in the mirror love :p

you have just posted twice.two usless posts,now what do they call that?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The petty bickering in here would give a migraine a headache

Slidey wrote: »
    The petty bickering in here would give a migraine a headache

well get an panadol then:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dustin had a right go at TIT (Tubridy In Trouble) when he was on with D'Arcy this morning....

Dustin On The Ray D'Arcy Show : November 15th 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

I got your point alright - you were taking a cheap shot at another poster by accusing him of making a "crass generalisation" when you were well aware that he was only quoting a widely used expression.

I got your point alright - you were taking a cheap shot at another poster by accusing him of making a "crass generalisation" when you were well aware that he was only quoting a widely used expression.

Which seems to confirm that you missed my point.

Which seems to confirm that you missed my point.

This is like the 7th circle of hell.

Why dont you make a point about Tubridy?

This is like the 7th circle of hell.

Why dont you make a point about Tubridy?

Psychology, alas, is not my province.

Psychology, alas, is not my province.

Really?

I was sure you had posted your theories on people's hidden mindsets and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Dustin had a right go at TIT (Tubridy In Trouble) when he was on with D'Arcy this morning....

It says it all when a puppet is the only one within RTE who is willing to speak out against Tubridy. There is real anger in Dustin's voice(Is Dustin still doing kids tv?). With so many other cuts in staff and resources Tubridy's salary is stomach-churning. I know that D'arcy is not fond of Tubridy either, as he ridiculed Tubridy on the release of a previous set of JNLRs. I think it is becoming more obvious that Tubridy is a deeply unpleasant creature, with his treatment of Oliver Callan and the general disdain with which he is held in the organisation. I haven't listened much lately but has Tubridy been as blatantly anti-Israeli as he was in the past, especially with one of his cousins taking part in a Gazan flotilla.

Someone else made a brilliant point in calling Tubridy "anti-intellectual". When one sees the topics that he covers on the LLS and radio it is really borne out. Like most of the people at the top in Ireland there abounds a kind of anti-intellectualism, seen in the sneering at Fintan O'Toole and theatre. A point that perfectly illustrates this is how Tubridy's face lights up at the mention of Jedward and you simply cannot get any lower than that.

ghiertal wrote: »

It says it all when a puppet is the only one within RTE who is willing to speak out against Tubridy. There is real anger in Dustin's voice(Is Dustin still doing kids tv?). With so many other cuts in staff and resources Tubridy's salary is stomach-churning. I know that D'arcy is not fond of Tubridy either, as he ridiculed Tubridy on the release of a previous set of JNLRs. I think it is becoming more obvious that Tubridy is a deeply unpleasant creature, with his treatment of Oliver Callan and the general disdain with which he is held in the organisation. I haven't listened much lately but has Tubridy been as blatantly anti-Israeli as he was in the past, especially with one of his cousins taking part in a Gazan flotilla.

Someone else made a brilliant point in calling Tubridy "anti-intellectual". When one sees the topics that he covers on the LLS and radio it is really borne out. Like most of the people at the top in Ireland there abounds a kind of anti-intellectualism, seen in the sneering at Fintan O'Toole and theatre. A point that perfectly illustrates this is how Tubridy's face lights up at the mention of Jedward and you simply cannot get any lower than that.

Are you implying that you think Fintan O'Toole is an intellectual?

The more I see posts where Tubridy is responsible for everything bad (this time apparantly responsible for his cousins behavior), the more it is obvious that some of those are so opposed to him (a reasonable view to hold) that they demean their case by citing irrelevancies such as this as evidence.

yawn!

Are you implying that you think Fintan O'Toole is an intellectual?

The more I see posts where Tubridy is responsible for everything bad (this time apparantly responsible for his cousins behavior), the more it is obvious that some of those are so opposed to him (a reasonable view to hold) that they demean their case by citing irrelevancies such as this as evidence.

FOT is disliked by a certain sections of the Irish media,ie. those who claim to speak for the people. Please don't put words in my mouth, i am saying that for some O'Toole is merely a scapegoat. Tubridy holds some very dangerous right-wing views and i don't know how he gets away with it. He comes out with disgusting comments and there seems to be no consequences.

"You're just tampering with history and attitudes. There's enough political correctness around in newspapers and books, they will have to start going back in 20 years' time and fill them back up with more interesting material," said Tubridy.

Anytime i see people complaining about political correctness it usually means they hold some abhorrent views and Tubridy has simply reinforced this for me.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/duffy-lashes-out-at-rtes-changes-to-tubridys-show-2937548.html

Does Duffy ever believe the presenter is at fault? What planet are these guys on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I heard today that Joe Duffy has his eye on the LLS:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised (either having his eye on it or if he got it)

Well i tuned in for 5 mins for the first time in a week and what was on

He was talking about his shoe fetish books and somebody else's misery,good to see there is a change there..:rolleyes:

he also launched the SVP appeal

http://t.co/oHq9o0Vb

321283_10150951765130062_166103290061_21210644_1900476980_n.jpg

Hopefully tubridy will be relying on the help of svp in the near future. Judging by how quiet this thread has gone he has seen an even greater drop in figures as a number of regular contributors have ceased posting. I would genuinely love to see tubridy homeless but it is unlikely to ever happen as rte look after their big stars and wouldn't drop him straight off.

Who the hell does he think he is? Mahatma Gandhi?
    “The older people in society, the youngest people in society, have to be protected above all else,” Tubridy said. “The rest, we will look after you, we will get to you, but the very young and the very old cannot be left behind under any circumstances.”
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1122/1224307949354.html

Does anyone else find his obsession with kids a bit creepy? I wouldn't leave my children anywhere near him, he simply weirds me out with his incessant poking at kiddie subjects. He even dresses like a weird old man.Urggh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Hopefully tubridy will be relying on the help of svp in the near future. Judging by how quiet this thread has gone he has seen an even greater drop in figures as a number of regular contributors have ceased posting. I would genuinely love to see tubridy homeless but it is unlikely to ever happen as rte look after their big stars and wouldn't drop him straight off.

“The older people in society, the youngest people in society, have to be protected above all else,” Tubridy said. “The rest, we will look after you, we will get to you, but the very young and the very old cannot be left behind under any circumstances.”

Does anyone else find his obsession with kids a bit creepy? I wouldn't leave my children anywhere near him, he simply weirds me out with his incessant poking at kiddie subjects. He even dresses like a weird old man.Urggh.

I am not a great fan of Mr.Tubridy,but for you to say you would genuinely love to see him homeless is a bit over the top?????? I hope things go well for you,and you always have a roof over your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

broadcaster Ryan Tubridy, who said that certain members of society should be made “recession proof”.
    I can think of a few who are, Ryan...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Would you not find your own obsession with Tubridy a bit more worrying?

Would you not find your own obsession with Tubridy a bit more worrying?

He does have an obsession with kids,not his own though,i dont think he has any time as he is a workaholic,what will happen if he gets a full time gig in the uk?
    He is already doing a slot over xmas,if i was n his wage and had kids work is the last thing on my mind over the xmas period.

He seems to be off again by the way another little break UNBELIEVABLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He does have an obsession with kids,not his own though,i dont think he has any time as he is a workaholic,what will happen if he gets a full time gig in the uk?
    He is already doing a slot over xmas,if i was n his wage and had kids work is the last thing on my mind over the xmas period.

He seems to be off again by the way another little break UNBELIEVABLE!
    He works too much and he takes too many breaks. What a monster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I'm listening.

He is talking about turkeys. MOVIE AND MUSIC TURKEYS. Genius. He has a 'gobble' drop.

His fake enthusiasm about toys is showing.

He is desperately out of touch with pop culture.

Advertisement