Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

withless wrote: »
    I'm listening.

He is talking about turkeys. MOVIE AND MUSIC TURKEYS. Genius. He has a 'gobble' drop.

His fake enthusiasm about toys is showing.

He is desperately out of touch with pop culture.

So will you listen again? Or is there an element of schadenfreude about it all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

jimmynokia wrote: »
    He does have an obsession with kids,not his own though,i dont think he has any time as he is a workaholic,what will happen if he gets a full time gig in the uk?
    He is already doing a slot over xmas,if i was n his wage and had kids work is the last thing on my mind over the xmas period.

He seems to be off again by the way another little break UNBELIEVABLE!
    So you complain he is a workaholic, then you complain when he takes a break!

Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Re: easychair

I listen quite regularly. I want to hear where my money is being spent. Do you listen or is this thread just voyeurism for you?

Those Germans have a word for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

So you complain he is a workaholic, then you complain when he takes a break!

Unbelievable!

when im paying a fee its my business
    the wage he is on the crap that he comes out with and the amount of PAID HOLIDAYS

yeah he is UNBELIEVEABLE a bit like yourself for not reading between the lines and submitting some thought before posting something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

yeah he is UNBELIEVEABLE a bit like yourself for not reading between the lines and submitting some thought before posting something like that!

He has a point in fairness jimmynokia!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

when im paying a fee its my business
    the wage he is on the crap that he comes out with and the amount of PAID HOLIDAYS

I doubt if your in the fee paying business because from the frequency and time of your posts, not just on this forum, but have seen your name on others as forums as well. So either you are taking the p*ss out of your employers or you are unemployed. Just give it a break.

femur61 wrote: »
    I doubt if your in the fee paying business because from the frequency and time of your posts, not just on this forum, but have seen your name on others as forums as well. So either you are taking the p*ss out of your employers or you are unemployed. Just give it a break.

In fairness , he could be self employed or an eccentric millionaire or many other things.

All we know abouit him is his opinions about Tubridy, and his apparent obsessiion with him, his desire to ignore good news abouit Tubridy and sieze on any bit of bad news with apparent joy, and his ability to hurl incoherant abuse at anyone who points out the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

It seems like you have an obsession with jimmy, easychair. You're in here almost every day trying to shoot down everything he says.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    It seems like you have an obsession with jimmy, easychair. You're in here almost every day trying to shoot down everything he says.

I have an obsession with fairness, and i dislike someone who is so obviously biased as the member you mention. I really can't understand why someone should follow Tubridy about the airwaves, watch him on tv, listen on the radio etc etc, claim he is an appalling broadcaster, and continue to watch and listen to him.

I don't enjoy listening to Tubridy and neither listen to him, or watch him. Can you understand why someone who keeps telling everyone else how truly dreadful Tubridy is continues to listen to him on the electric wireless, watch him on tv, and read any newspaper articles he can find?

• Advertisement

femur61 wrote: »

wake up ive my own company you little boy!

AND

you have seen my name elsewhere well thats terrible like there is not more than one david on the planet earth.

easychair wrote: »
    I have an obsession with fairness, and i dislike someone who is so obviously biased as the member you mention. I really can't understand why someone should follow Tubridy about the airwaves, watch him on tv, listen on the radio etc etc, claim he is an appalling broadcaster, and continue to watch and listen to him.

I don't enjoy listening to Tubridy and neither listen to him, or watch him. Can you understand why someone who keeps telling everyone else how truly dreadful Tubridy is continues to listen to him on the electric wireless, watch him on tv, and read any newspaper articles he can find?

You said you dont enjoy listening or watching him,yet your full or knowledge about him!
    Like i said before i have given him a miss now and dont spend my time looking for the bad things.
    Again some homework on your behalf would show i posted about his svp appeal,thats good!

Again your here like a broken record saying the same thing.

CHANGE THE TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND STOP STALKING ME:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

wake up ive my own company you little boy!

AND

you have seen my name elsewhere well thats terrible like there is not more than one david on the planet earth.

girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

warning on the bickering. Please return to thread topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Does Tubridy or any of his production team listen to the lyrics of his new hip post Norton Show musical numbers.

This morning Milkshake by Kelis was played - complete with X rated rap monologue. This was in the middle of talk about the toy show and names Tubs likes and doesnt like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sure wouldn't be the first time 2FM made that booboo, playing the album version instead of radio edit. Recall hearing D12's Purple Pills on Larry Gogan lunchtime some years back which I'm sure was quite illuminating for Larry and anyone else interested in the finer points of ecstasy consumption. No-one seemed ot notice and it played in it's entirety.
    I think I recall G Ryan making a similar mistake (can't recall song) but he pulled it a few minutes in...

You honestly think Tubridy listens to Kelis? That was for all the baby mommas out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wertz wrote: »
    Sure wouldn't be the first time 2FM made that booboo, playing the album version instead of radio edit. Recall hearing D12's Purple Pills on Larry Gogan lunchtime some years back which I'm sure was quite illuminating for Larry and anyone else interested in the finer points of ecstasy consumption. No-one seemed ot notice and it played in it's entirety.
    I think I recall G Ryan making a similar mistake (can't recall song) but he pulled it a few minutes in...

You honestly think Tubridy listens to Kelis? That was for all the baby mommas out there...

Didnt Pat Kenny play the uncensored version of Dont Marry Her(Fcuk me) by The Beautiful South once:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dont normally listen to radio at this hour any more as I'm working different hours... but my god it's just as bad as ever... turned on John Murray and the comedy piece was worse than ever, and the show same as usuall.. like Nationwide on the radio...

And then I switched over to Tubridy to get away from that... Dear God, the music for "Willy Wonka" is playing in the background, six months later and it's still playing.. . "Jeepers", "Filty McFilterson".. BANG, radio off..

I'm listening.

He is talking to the guy from Nationwide. He really finds him funny. Clap clap. Such a pleasure. Bang the table. Mutual JO.

Next guest up: Larry Gogan.

This is the year 2011. It should not be like this. There is no hope for this species. This virus on the face of Gods green earth.

Click.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me the Q for the toyshow comp as someone hit the printer in my office and I couldn't hear.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm listening.

He is talking to the guy from Nationwide. He really finds him funny. Clap clap. Such a pleasure. Bang the table. Mutual JO.

Next guest up: Larry Gogan.

This is the year 2011. It should not be like this. There is no hope for this species. This virus on the face of Gods green earth.

Click.
    I heard some of the larry gogan interview, it was basically the pair of them naming xmas songs and then saying.."oh yeah that's a good one, and people texting in the names of xmas songs and tubs and gogan responding with "oh yeah that's a good one"

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me the Q for the toyshow comp as someone hit the printer in my office and I couldn't hear.
    Thanks

Soemthing about Cliff Richards song 'Mistletoe and wine'.

The answer was wine or c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Soemthing about Cliff Richards song 'Mistletoe and wine'. The answer was wine or c.

The questions was "What would you need a serious amount of before listening to any of Cliff Richard's Christmas songs?"..

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

AS HE prepares for the Toy Show, Ryan Tubridy has said that he feels no guilt about his earnings; and believes he can achieve something in his role as a public servant.
    Asked if these tales of hardship made him feel guilty about his own salary, he said: "No it doesn't. I basically feel that I can try to do something as a public servant in some respects, in a public service broadcaster way and think; 'Let's try and make a difference in any way that we can and I think we can'.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tales-of-hardship-dont-make-ryan-feel-guilty-about-his-euro500000-salary-he-admits-2952391.html

I'm sorry but i can't even look at the pictures of him surrounded by children without wanting to vomit. It just makes me feel very uneasy.

ghiertal wrote: »
    AS HE prepares for the Toy Show, Ryan Tubridy has said that he feels no guilt about his earnings; and believes he can achieve something in his role as a public servant.
    Asked if these tales of hardship made him feel guilty about his own salary, he said: "No it doesn't. I basically feel that I can try to do something as a public servant in some respects, in a public service broadcaster way and think; 'Let's try and make a difference in any way that we can and I think we can'.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tales-of-hardship-dont-make-ryan-feel-guilty-about-his-euro500000-salary-he-admits-2952391.html

I'm sorry but i can't even look at the pictures of him surrounded by children without wanting to vomit. It just makes me feel very uneasy.
    He is nothing but a smug sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Why can't he do great things on 200k?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in fairness you can't help how much you are paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Rookster wrote: »
    Why can't he do great things on 200k?

200k, that is still a very generous salary in my opinion. I'm not sure what is correct amount, it should depend how well you perform.
    Pat Kenny is the highest paid but he is very good at his job, Joe Duffy and Tubridy could easily be removed and nobody would notice or care after a month, thats the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

miketv wrote: »
    200k, that is still a very generous salary in my opinion. I'm not sure what is correct amount, it should depend how well you perform.
    Pat Kenny is the highest paid but he is very good at his job, Joe Duffy and Tubridy could easily be removed and nobody would notice or care after a month, thats the difference.

Chris Moyles, presenter of the Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 1, receives a salary of c.£500,000 stg which is pretty much on a par with Tubridy's, taking into account the present currency rates.

Moyles has an audience of c.8 million listeners (or 12.3% of the population). Tubridy has c.175,000 (4.3%). Therefore, if we take the BBC figure as an 'appropriate' wage for one of the top presenters in the UK, that would equate to Tubridy, based on his success as a broadcaster, deserving a salary one third less than what he currently gets. i.e. €185,000.

That sounds reasonable to me. Throw in a bit more for the 3hr a week LLS gig, and you're talking €250,000 tops.

Remember this is a very generous estimation as Moyles is at the very top of the salary scale for UK dj's full stop and he is actually good at what he does...

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »

The problem is that your opinion holds very little sway with RTE bosses, who probably pay the talent huge figures to make what they pay themselves seem relatively normal.

No amouth of hand wringing is going to change that in the short term, and the problems with RTE are endemic, and due to the rotten financial system which keeps throwing RTE more good money after bad every year. RTE is not accountable, and the ludicrous amounts of money it spends on pedestrian broadcasters like Joe Duffy, Tubridy, Marian Finucane, Derek Mooney and so on would be tolerated in no other country in the world of which I am aware.

Advertisement