Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

easychair wrote: »
    The problem is that your opinion holds very little sway with RTE bosses, who probably pay the talent huge figures to make what they pay themselves seem relatively normal.

No amouth of hand wringing is going to change that in the short term, and the problems with RTE are endemic, and due to the rotten financial system which keeps throwing RTE more good money after bad every year. RTE is not accountable, and the ludicrous amounts of money it spends on pedestrian broadcasters like Joe Duffy, Tubridy, Marian Finucane, Derek Mooney and so on would be tolerated in no other country in the world of which I am aware.

YET you continually stick up for tubs and you dont even listen to him,but i enjoy the conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Critical mention for Boards.ie by our friend yesterday.

He had some wan on - from what i could gather she had got some crank texts from a potentially predator type which didnt actually bother her but she called the show to warn others who might get the texts and go for a meet up with god knows who.

Tubs goes to her - so, did you reply? was it from some sort of message board? Boards was it??

Where would such hostility come from ?? (I'd say he has this thread on speed dial)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Imhof Tank wrote: »

He had some wan on - from what i could gather she had got some crank texts from a potentially predator type which didnt actually bother her but she called the show to warn others who might get the texts and go for a meet up with god knows who.

Tubs goes to her - so, did you reply? was it from some sort of message board? Boards was it??

Where would such hostility come from ?? (I'd say he has this thread on speed dial)

I heard some of that..was a strange segment....Reminded me of the Brasseye special on Pedophiles. In fact this new look Tubridy morning show is proving to be quite cynical. Get a caller on the line, show complete disinterest in them until they say something revealing such as they're single...and then he tries to goad them down that path.....A bit like a crap version of louis Theroux.

AgIT-09CAAENAWs.jpg:large

suits him perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You bet.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »

You bet.

Good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yes I did detect a little hostility re the mention of boards:p.Those two really annoyed me.One was deaf, the other kept talking too low and saying like.The farmer was obviously loaded, cause she seemed to dimiss the budget.IMO, if someone says something like that, it usually means it dont effect them:rolleyes:.Tubs seem to want to know alot about those sexual fantasies:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

mikom wrote: »

"boards well thats just nasty" dont like a bit of criticism eh ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

maxfresh wrote: »
    "boards well thats just nasty" dont like a bit of criticism eh ryan

well it's kind of ironic, given that he quit Twitter shortly after because of the same reason he left boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

well it's kind of ironic, given that he quit Twitter shortly after because of the same reason he left boards.

Well he is ever so delicate!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw a picture of Tubirdy yesterday out shopping with his gf. Dont know how he managed to get her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Saw a picture of Tubirdy yesterday out shopping with his gf. Dont know how he managed to get her.

So what first attracted you to the millionaire Ryan Tubridy? :P

he was on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jimmynokia wrote: »
    he was on boards?

Some would say he still is....

tumblr_lfo10etLVl1qzyvbno1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

But asked recently by the Irish Independent if he intended to announce his engagement to Ms Ni Shuilleabhain this Christmas, Mr Tubridy said: "There will be no announcement. My only engagement this Christmas is at my mother's house for Christmas dinner.
    "I know everyone's dying to know that . . . Aoibhinn continues to be very important to me and that's good."

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/tubs-shows-relationship-with-former-rose-still-in-full-bloom-2959152.html

No Tubridy we are not all "dying to know" about your relationship. We don't care. The world doesn't revolve about you and your rte cronies. The majority of the population is too busy or anxious about their future to care. The arrogance of these guys, parading in front of the paparazzi, in order to enhance their egos is nauseating.

Even worse the first item on his show this morning was a woman telling her story of 13 year age gap relationship, starting when she was 29 and he was 16. Tubridy either didnt see or didnt want to give anything of his life, but the 11 year age difference between he and AOS wasnt mentioned. Tubridy sneakily said this situation between these two could be seen as pervy but didnt say it straight out to her. He really is a spiteful little man.

ah in fairness 29-16 female-male is very weird, tubs situation is quite normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

ah in fairness 29-16 female-male is very weird, tubs situation is quite normal.

I agree. A 16 year old is legally underage. I have a 16 year old daughter and wouldn't like her going out with a 29 year old man even though there was a 13 year age gap between my own parents. They met when they were both adults and that makes it very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

But 'Late Late' host Ryan Tubridy and Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain were very much together when they were spotted arm-in-arm on a Dublin street yesterday. Quickly separating when they spotted the camera, Mr Tubridy had earlier been spotted waiting for his maths teacher girlfriend in a nearby coffee shop.

Surely Aoibheann must be embarrassed by this childish behaviour.. I mean he's only short of shouting "she's not my GIRL friend" before pulling her hair and running away.. ..

He chose to be in public life with the job he took.. And he should be prepared to answer basic questions about his life.. having a personality is meant to be part of the job.. As part of the promotional work for The Late Late Show, the newspapers ask him questions about his life and he gives the most cynical, abstract and ambiguous answers... he could at least be honest.

He is so secretive yet so nosey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

tinyk68 wrote: »
    I agree. A 16 year old is legally underage. I have a 16 year old daughter and wouldn't like her going out with a 29 year old man even though there was a 13 year age gap between my own parents. They met when they were both adults and that makes it very different.

It's a bit different when the 16 year old is male and the 29 year old is female though. If I'd attracted the attentions of a 29 year old woman when I was 16, I would've been over the moon ;).

• Advertisement

Surely Aoibheann must be embarrassed by this childish behaviour.. I mean he's only short of shouting "she's not my GIRL friend" before pulling her hair and running away.. ..

He chose to be in public life with the job he took.. And he should be prepared to answer basic questions about his life.. having a personality is meant to be part of the job.. As part of the promotional work for The Late Late Show, the newspapers ask him questions about his life and he gives the most cynical, abstract and ambiguous answers... he could at least be honest.
    ah i disagree. I couldn't give a f** about his private life, he's a dj, talk show host..
    That sort of behaviour in public (pretending you're not together) does drive women nuts though...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

It's a bit different when the 16 year old is male and the 29 year old is female though. If I'd attracted the attentions of a 29 year old woman when I was 16, I would've been over the moon ;).

I'd say most boys would be the same. They'd think they had it made but that doesn't mean they would be mature enough to handle an adult relationship. Let's face it, most 16 year old boys are guided entirely by one part of their anatomy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

The listenership figures don't lie, and ultimately talentless gimps get found out in the end via the listnership figures.

If you are good or have "talent" people will tune in and you actually increase your listnership.

If you are bad and have no "talent", people turn off or turn over. It's as simple as that.

Maybe he's just out of his depth on 2FM and would be better suited to Radio 1.

Having said that, you are either a good radio host or you aren't, regardless of what station you are on.

Would love to know just what it is that Tubridy holds over the RTE bosses? Many far more talented radio hosts were ditched years ago for far less drops in listeners.

And he has primetime slots on both radio and television, and yet still manages to preside over precipitious drops in listeners, when even Pat Kenny could maintain the Late Late viewing figures, not to mention his radio figures.

His new passion is senna!
    because he watched the dvd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

plasmaguy wrote: »
    The listenership figures don't lie, and ultimately talentless gimps get found out in the end via the listnership figures.

If you are good or have "talent" people will tune in and you actually increase your listnership.

If you are bad and have no "talent", people turn off or turn over. It's as simple as that.

Maybe he's just out of his depth on 2FM and would be better suited to Radio 1.

Having said that, you are either a good radio host or you aren't, regardless of what station you are on.

Would love to know just what it is that Tubridy holds over the RTE bosses? Many far more talented radio hosts were ditched years ago for far less drops in listeners.

And he has primetime slots on both radio and television, and yet still manages to preside over precipitious drops in listeners, when even Pat Kenny could maintain the Late Late viewing figures, not to mention his radio figures.

Late late show viewing figures don't tell us much, it can be a false picture painted. Many folk in the country still only have one and two hence the late late is the best of a bad lot.

1.7million don't tune into the Toy Show because tubridy is doing a superb job. They do so because its tradition. If Larry Murphy presented it you would still draw a similar figure. Actually scratch that, probably even more :eek:

I expect him to lose his radio slot in the short to medium term, but he'll have something carved out for him elsewhere. He will continue with the late late theres no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

He's playing 'smells like teen spirit'.

'what did he say at the end? Doesn't sound very happy'.

And now a discussion about North Korea. Heres Niall Hatch... Who?

jaysus....anyone hear him ripping the p** out of yoga type relaxation this morning?....weird few minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Unquiet Nights

I like Tubridy on TV aswell, what's the problem. There are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

jimmynokia wrote: »
    His new passion is senna!
    because he watched the dvd..

Oh God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Advertisement

Does this man ever spend time with his family
    he is working all week in the uk

http://t.co/jJEEs2w9

Advertisement