Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Does this man ever spend time with his family
    he is working all week in the uk

http://t.co/jJEEs2w9

Don't much care for Tubs or his work, but what business is it of yours how much time he spends with his family?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Don't much care for Tubs or his work, but what business is it of yours how much time he spends with his family?

your obviously not a father if you are and asking that your a sad individual

Not that it's any of your business, but I happen to have two small children.

Care to answer my original question? Or to clarify the relevance of Tubridy's family life to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jaysus jimmy wtf?

Not that it's any of your business, but I happen to have two small children.

Care to answer my original question? Or to clarify the relevance of Tubridy's family life to the thread?
    Not that its any of my business,have to laugh at that yet your wanting to know how its my business that dont add up.

My initial point was tubs been a workaholic he must have no time with family he has admitted been a workaholic on air.
    My point is would you rather not spend time especially at xmas with family?

Does that simplify it enough for you?

• Advertisement

jaysus jimmy wtf?

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Has Tubridy got kids?

I happened to hear him one of the mornings on BBC R2... oddly enough he comes across a little better on that station. Not sure if it was him or a playlist picking the tunes but they were grand... he was doing the usual malarkey talking about old kid's tv or whatever, but it seemed to be going down well judging by some texts he read out. Oh he was also interacting with news readers and traffic announcers; a bad habit of his as it tends to sound forced or something and many don;t seem to know how to react leaving dead air moments.

Can't say I blame him for working over the holiday; a move to the BBC is somehting most radio jocks would probably aspire to, and you have to be willing to put in the antisocial hours if you want noticed (unlike here it would seem)... I hope he's not going to end up weaseling his way into Norton's seat though. Norton is a surprisingly decent radio show host for someone that seems to have just wandered into the profession.

Not that its any of my business,have to laugh at that yet your wanting to know how its my business that dont add up.

I've read that "sentence" multiple times and I still have no idea what you're on about. Glad I made you laugh though.
    My initial point was tubs been a workaholic he must have no time with family he has admitted been a workaholic on air.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So you are concerned for Tub's well-being and the quality of his family life. Good for you. It's still none of your business nor relevant to the thread.

I've read that "sentence" multiple times and I still have no idea what you're on about. Glad I made you laugh though.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So you are concerned for Tub's well-being and the quality of his family life. Good for you. It's still none of your business nor relevant to the thread.

Your the one that had the issue not me,as i said been a father like myself i have commitments,quite similar to tubs the xmas time is for family not flying off to the uk covering somebody elses job.
    Its not like he needs the money either.
    Anyway happy new year to ya .

Wertz wrote: »
    Has Tubridy got kids?

I happened to hear him one of the mornings on BBC R2... oddly enough he comes across a little better on that station. Not sure if it was him or a playlist picking the tunes but they were grand... he was doing the usual malarkey talking about old kid's tv or whatever, but it seemed to be going down well judging by some texts he read out. Oh he was also interacting with news readers and traffic announcers; a bad habit of his as it tends to sound forced or something and many don;t seem to know how to react leaving dead air moments.

Can't say I blame him for working over the holiday; a move to the BBC is somehting most radio jocks would probably aspire to, and you have to be willing to put in the antisocial hours if you want noticed (unlike here it would seem)... I hope he's not going to end up weaseling his way into Norton's seat though. Norton is a surprisingly decent radio show host for someone that seems to have just wandered into the profession.

tubs has kids.
    And on his bbc slots he is very much a puppet on a string,not like here when he could say and do as he pleases.
    Until recent that changed,he was talking to hector one morning a week or two ago and hector was slagging him and asked him to say JFK tubs replied no and said "im not allowed say that".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubridy has two girls with his ex wife Anne Marie Power...

It would be great for RTE if they could get shot of him to BBC. He's simply not working on either show... I'm sure he's kissing enough ass over there to endear him to the Brits.. However, he doesnt have the same family connections in the BBC.... (albeit, he's related to Mrs Windsor :pac: )

PRESENTER Ryan Tubridy has admitted that he might be spreading himself a bit thin.

The RTE -- and sometimes BBC -- man has revealed his true self to his British audience.

The Late Late Show host, left, has laughed off jokes over his beanpole appearance while broadcasting on the airwaves in London this week.

Poked

The dad-of-two, who is currently filling in on Ken Bruce's radio show on BBC 2 over the Christmas period, has poked fun at his own lean frame.

When asked by a listener if the 38-year-old, who is still relatively unknown by listeners in Britain, resembled well-known comedians Dara O Briain or Patrick Kielty, Tubridy replied: "No unfortunately not, neither of them ... I get grief for being a pipe-cleaner, and there's not much to me, more on a butcher's apron, depending on who you're talking to.

"I've heard that all before, it's an ongoing story."

Ryan previously enjoyed a stint at the BBC during the summer, while covering for Graham Norton and went down a treat with audiences.

Horrors

The anchor, who recently admitted he "will be happy to put 2011 behind me", will no doubt be looking forward to the New Year and is happy to end his annus horriblis on a high note at the Beeb.

"I am glad to put 2011 behind me. I thought it was a tough year for the country and for different reasons, I didn't like 2011," he said.

"But I'm always at pains to say that whatever it is people are going through and they're in the horrors, I'm not in the horrors. I never was -- I just didn't like the year.

"I'm enjoying the end of it because I can kind of see the light at the end, it's a new dawn which I'm very excited about." Despite a rough time in the ratings stakes on both RTE television and radio over the past 12 months, Ryan celebrated record-breaking figures for the Late Late Toy Show earlier this month and has revealed his plans to write a second book in 2012, following on from his hardback about JFK's visit to Ireland.

hnews@herald.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Jimmynokia banned for the above comment.

Folks this is a thread to discuss Ryan Tubridys radio shows. I will close the thread if this off topic ranting continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Late Late Show host, left, has laughed off jokes over his beanpole appearance while broadcasting on the airwaves in London this week.

Poked

The dad-of-two, who is currently filling in on Ken Bruce's radio show on BBC 2 over the Christmas period, has poked fun at his own lean frame.

When asked by a listener if the 38-year-old, who is still relatively unknown by listeners in Britain, resembled well-known comedians Dara O Briain or Patrick Kielty, Tubridy replied: "No unfortunately not, neither of them ... I get grief for being a pipe-cleaner, and there's not much to me, more on a butcher's apron, depending on who you're talking to.

Jimmy, hard as it may seem to believe, but there are some people who find it very difficult to put on weight. I don't see why Ryan Tubridy's appearance should have anything to do with his talents (or lack of, in your opinion) on air. I doubt people would be allowed to slag him off if he was overweight, but it seems as if it's open season to take the proverbial out of somebody who would, in all probablility, prefer to be a few pounds heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

In RTE one day - met Pat Kenny - he was a gentleman. I met Ryan Tubridy also that day with my girlfriend, and he was actually a little weird and a bit rude and it shocked me a bit. I don't know maybe he was having a bad day or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

they should give fanning that slot full time. He is much better than tubridy. He just needs to slow down a bit when talking and take a few breaths, and stop going on about David Bowie, U2 and the Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yeah Dave was good, much better interviewer too. If Tubs were to leave im sure he's first in line to take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Speaking of Dave Fanning apparently he is taking over the ten to twelve gig on Saturday morning leaving his two to four slot open.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

PRESENTER Ryan Tubridy has admitted that he might be spreading himself a bit thin.

The RTE -- and sometimes BBC -- man has revealed his true self to his British audience.

Poked

"I've heard that all before, it's an ongoing story."

Ryan previously enjoyed a stint at the BBC during the summer, while covering for Graham Norton and went down a treat with audiences.

Horrors

The anchor, who recently admitted he "will be happy to put 2011 behind me", will no doubt be looking forward to the New Year and is happy to end his annus horriblis on a high note at the Beeb.

"I am glad to put 2011 behind me. I thought it was a tough year for the country and for different reasons, I didn't like 2011," he said.

"But I'm always at pains to say that whatever it is people are going through and they're in the horrors, I'm not in the horrors. I never was -- I just didn't like the year.

"I'm enjoying the end of it because I can kind of see the light at the end, it's a new dawn which I'm very excited about." Despite a rough time in the ratings stakes on both RTE television and radio over the past 12 months, Ryan celebrated record-breaking figures for the Late Late Toy Show earlier this month and has revealed his plans to write a second book in 2012, following on from his hardback about JFK's visit to Ireland.

hnews@herald.ie

Must have been a tough year, hosting President Obama's public gathering and meeting Queen Elizabeth around the same time. What with getting a part-time gig on the BBC, getting the highest television audience in 20 years and achieving his lifelong dream of making the LLS as bland as imaginable you'd think he would be over the moon. Instead he is moaning. Incroyable! Must be tough on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I've been out of touch with his show, when are the next set of JNLR figures out?
    Can the figures drop any more or has it levelled off at this point?

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »
    I've been out of touch with his show, when are the next set of JNLR figures out?
    Can the figures drop any more or has it levelled off at this point?

What do you think mike? If Hector is feeling sorry for the supposed mane asset of RTE then it is truly an indictment. Tub you are like a lame horse who should be shot.
    http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-features/audio-so-who-wants-to-hear-ryan-tubridys-horse-impression-0019610-1

Absolutley excruciating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ghiertal wrote: »
    What do you think mike? If Hector is feeling sorry for the supposed mane asset of RTE then it is truly an indictment. Tub you are like a lame horse who should be shot.
    http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-features/audio-so-who-wants-to-hear-ryan-tubridys-horse-impression-0019610-1

Absolutley excruciating.

man that was very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Absolutley excruciating.

Wow. Just...wow.

You could tell Hector was in pain from all the fake laughing.

FFS man up Hector, its your show...tell him he's not in the least bit funny and to STFU.

RYAN TUBRIDY has found himself in hot water with the model industry after referring to Irish models as chunky.
    The Late Late Show host caused nervous laughter among the audience when he blurted out the offensive remark during an interview with former model Andrea Roche.
    During a conversation on the size of models, Tubridy queried; "Would our models be a bit chunkier?"
    "I wouldn't call it chunky, God no," responded a visibly surprised Ms Roche.
    Tubridy persisted, adding: "But there's a bit more meat on the bones of an Irish model."
    Normal
    In turn Ms Roche insisted Irish models were a "normal shape".
    Model industry heads here have criticised the commentator for his remarks.
    Rebecca Morgan, of Morgan Agency, described the comments as 'disrespectful' and 'misguided'.
    She insisted there was no place for such terms in modelling.
    "It beggars belief that anyone would still speak of Irish girls in that way. There are girls out there that are model material and we are looking for girls for all sorts for shoots.
    "It's just so misguided. We have a lot of work internationally for models who are very successful both regular and plus size models," said Ms Morgan.
    Curvey
    Trish Fallon, of First Options Model Agency, said: "It's not a nice word to use in any aspect when referring to any woman whether she be a model or a check out girl. Curvy and delicious would be my chosen words."

Wasnt tubridy compaining about people mocking his own figure a few weeks ago and now he calls irish models fat. His comments are very dangerous in my opinion especially with teenage girls having such a poor body image. We see all the celebs with their perfect figures and accoutrements and we are all under pressure to look like them(esp. when trying to regain a figure after giving birth). Suicide rates for teenagers are at an all-time high so i believe that he should apologise.

Tubridy can afford image advisors etc. but he shouldn't forget about the ordinary joe or josephine soap. Gerry Ryan would never have made such a thoughtless comment, as he was so sympathetic to bigger people and was a passionate host of Operation Transformation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

RYAN TUBRIDY has found himself in hot water with the model industry after referring to Irish models as chunky.
    The Late Late Show host caused nervous laughter among the audience when he blurted out the offensive remark during an interview with former model Andrea Roche.
    During a conversation on the size of models, Tubridy queried; "Would our models be a bit chunkier?"
    "I wouldn't call it chunky, God no," responded a visibly surprised Ms Roche.
    Tubridy persisted, adding: "But there's a bit more meat on the bones of an Irish model."
    Normal
    In turn Ms Roche insisted Irish models were a "normal shape".
    Model industry heads here have criticised the commentator for his remarks.
    Rebecca Morgan, of Morgan Agency, described the comments as 'disrespectful' and 'misguided'.
    She insisted there was no place for such terms in modelling.
    "It beggars belief that anyone would still speak of Irish girls in that way. There are girls out there that are model material and we are looking for girls for all sorts for shoots.
    "It's just so misguided. We have a lot of work internationally for models who are very successful both regular and plus size models," said Ms Morgan.
    Curvey
    Trish Fallon, of First Options Model Agency, said: "It's not a nice word to use in any aspect when referring to any woman whether she be a model or a check out girl. Curvy and delicious would be my chosen words."

Wasnt tubridy compaining about people mocking his own figure a few weeks ago and now he calls irish models fat. His comments are very dangerous in my opinion especially with teenage girls having such a poor body image. We see all the celebs with their perfect figures and accoutrements and we are all under pressure to look like them(esp. when trying to regain a figure after giving birth). Suicide rates for teenagers are at an all-time high so i believe that he should apologise.

Tubridy can afford image advisors etc. but he shouldn't forget about the ordinary joe or josephine soap.
    Gerry Ryan would never have made such a thoughtless comment, as he was so sympathetic to bigger people and was a passionate host of Operation Transformation

Unfortunately Gerry was also passionate about Drug pushers and we all know where that ended up.

Rookster wrote: »
    Unfortunately Gerry was also passionate about Drug pushers and we all know where that ended up.

That is really my point. We need to encourage bigger people to lose weight, be healthier and have a greater self-esteem. These comments do not help. Tubridy seems to be saying that even the creme de la creme of Irish beauty is gross compared with the continental fayre. We all find it difficult to look like the celebrities we read about in the papers and glossy magazines. I feel deflated from hearing these baseless comments and wonder what would he say if he were to see me. He just needs to display a little bit more common sense. Also, is it really necessary for Tubridy to have a sweetie jar on the LLS what with the increase of Type 2 diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That is really my point. We need to encourage bigger people to lose weight, be healthier and have a greater self-esteem. These comments do not help. Tubridy seems to be saying that even the creme de la creme of Irish beauty is gross compared with the continental fayre. We all find it difficult to look like the celebrities we read about in the papers and glossy magazines. I feel deflated from hearing these baseless comments and wonder what would he say if he were to see me. He just needs to display a little bit more common sense. Also, is it really necessary for Tubridy to have a sweetie jar on the LLS what with the increase of Type 2 diabetes.

LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Also, is it really necessary for Tubridy to have a sweetie jar on the LLS what with the increase of Type 2 diabetes.

That is there for his favourite star, Saoirse Ronan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I only caught the tail end of Tubbs's Wednesday morning show but I can't believe he had that so-called "medium" on his show. I only heard the final caller, the poor girl who lost both of her brothers and the way she seemed to believe what this woman was saying to her, even though it seemed quite obvious that she was asking leading questions. I don't often criticise Tubridy but in this instance he should be damn well ashamed of himself for not challenging the "medium".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Wasnt tubridy compaining about people mocking his own figure a few weeks ago and now he calls irish models fat.

But he didn't say fat, he asked were they not chunkier? I'm not a fan of Tubs, never listened to his show, I'm a Today fM man myself and I find the LLS excruciatingly cringeworthy but that's misquoting.

Advertisement