Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Dave's on this week? Good stuff, have really enjoyed when he has taken over from Tubridy before. Even though he's 20 years older than Ryan, I reckon he is more in tune with Tubridy's generation than Tubridy himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

telekon wrote: »
    Dave's on this week? Good stuff, have really enjoyed when he has taken over from Tubridy before. Even though he's 20 years older than Ryan, I reckon he is more in tune with Tubridy's generation than Tubridy himself...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/tubridy-to-appear-on-us-show-for-jfk-book-3043829.html

His third week off this year from 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ghiertal wrote: »

Yeah another week of for tubs to promote his book at the licence payers expense,i see they removed the comments thread on that as they wer not nice..

MJ23 wrote: »
    Dave, slow down a bit man, take a few deep breaths.

Lol he does speed along but ten times better than tubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'm sure hes not on his own on that statitic this year. And who knows his holidays might run from April to April.

• Advertisement

bbability wrote: »

I'm sure hes not on his own on that statitic this year. And who knows his holidays might run from April to April.

Maybe but we both know that its not the last of the holidays not by a long shot..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Horsetiger

telekon wrote: »

Interesting that 2fm ran trails last week promoting Dave Fanning 9-11am and not stating that he was "filling in" for Tubridy...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Horsetiger wrote: »
    Interesting that 2fm ran trails last week promoting Dave Fanning 9-11am and not stating that he was "filling in" for Tubridy...

one can only hope it is a sign, I do miss him reading the papers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Dave has Brek on now. My god, she is like a foghorn. I had to turn down the radio a bit as her voice was piercing through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Dave is a breath of fresh air, relaxed, totally at ease,plays decent music.

Its always a much better show when hes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Maybe but we both know that its not the last of the holidays not by a long shot..
    Oh ya? Do you have some inside information or would you just be negatively speculating again?

Aidric wrote: »
    Oh ya? Do you have some inside information or would you just be negatively speculating again?

AIDRIC you and i both know that he will have plenty more time off,look at previous years add it up,clutching straws on this one pal...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Millionaire Ryan is wringing tears out of some guy who sleeps in his car.

How do these rte people live with themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

So he still brodcasts on 2fm :rolleyes:
    Been a long time since I've tuned in, this thread has gotten very dorment. I suspect nobody here much listens to him any more.

Its sickening i heard that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I'm a little behind the times but I just saw this.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/46732867#46732867

"Funnyman" of the Emerald Isles, Ryan Tubridy.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I'm a little behind the times but I just saw this.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/46732867#46732867

"Funnyman" of the Emerald Isles, Ryan Tubridy.

:rolleyes:

CRINGE is all I can say and do.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/give-aoibhinn-a-show-of-her-own-at-rte-says-tubs-3074027.html

Its not difficult to see that this is how Tubridy believes the world works. It's how it came to pass for him. He controls RTE and his endless promoting of boybands such as Jedward and One Direction makes me believe that he is up someone's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

miketv wrote: »
    I suspect nobody here much listens to him any more.

Rest assured that Jimmynokia and Ghiertal are avidly glued to his radio show 5 days a week. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/give-aoibhinn-a-show-of-her-own-at-rte-says-tubs-3074027.html

Its not difficult to see that this is how Tubridy believes the world works. It's how it came to pass for him. He controls RTE and his endless promoting of boybands such as Jedward and One Direction makes me believe that he is up someone's.

Why doesnt he go for the DG job while he is at it, little upstart:rolleyes:

Bloody cheek of the fella:mad:

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »
    I suspect nobody here much listens to him any more.

Rest assured that Jimmynokia and Ghiertal are avidly glued to his radio show 5 days a week. ;):D

I would love to know how you work that out lily T's been so quite here until recent with all the press...
    Eat your words boy....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I would love to know how you work that out lily T's been so quite here until recent with all the press...
    Eat your words boy....

Its sickening i heard that..

You were listening on April 5th, Jimmy, two days ago. :D
    I haven't listened to Tubbs's radio show for ages. That's what usually happens with me; I grow tired of something, I switch the dial to something else...... ;)

Eat your words boy....

That's more my point than Jimmy's. Tubridy is being vastly overpaid and his performance over the last 18 months has been shocking. To give him his due, he was good throughout the first season of the LLS. He is only going the motions now and it is hard to see how he will improve without someone giving him a root in the bum. He should consider himself very lucky to have such a cushy post but even in his current circumstances he has the nerve to complain that his girlfriend doesnt have a presenting job on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I just spotted this.. The arrogance of the man.. So he's only notoriously private about his personal life when he cant use his position to help his missus get a job, is that it? I think she should be given a job on TV as well... The Late Late Show.. cos she couldnt make more of a pigs ear out of it than her fawning sycophant of a boyfriend.. I still find it absolutely amazing that two years on and millions in debt, RTE are still prepared to indulge his mediocrity..

Unreal.....

You were listening on April 5th, Jimmy, two days ago. :D
    I haven't listened to Tubbs's radio show for ages. That's what usually happens with me; I grow tired of something, I switch the dial to something else...... ;)

Big swing its called a check in AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I see he may be going over to the UK again this summer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 scotty1

giftgrub wrote: »
    I think it reached a new low for me today...

Generally I avoid switching on the radio between 9 and ten in the morning, its just too risky

However I have listened to Tubridy on occassion and have come to the conclusion that his show is getting worse

Today it was a round table on "chivalry in modern Ireland" followed by Brendan Courtney on the new Head to Toe or Off The Rails of whatever the hell they're calling it nowadays

I have to say I was completely blown away by the pointlessness of it all.

Its my opinion that the Tubridy Show has absolutely nothing to offer, I wonder does he go away satisfied when the red light switches off at ten am?

250k a year for this?[/QUOTE

What he goes away with is a big fat bank account and yes he is very happy because thanks to us TV licence payers he is rolling it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

jimmyw wrote: »
    I see he may be going over to the UK again this summer again.

I think with Tubdridy, he's so sh*t that listeners can only put up with him for several months of the year, and by the end of the season, everyone needs a break because of how crap he is.

Then he supposedly comes back all fresh blah blah blah in the Autumn, new LLS (with same crap guests and presenter) etc etc. Everyone largely forgets how bad he is by the start of the Autumn. By the end of the series in the spring, people are sick of him again.

Worst broadcaster by a country mile ever on RTE. Wouldn't be out of place doing MC for a local talent contest, but that's really as far as his talent goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I don't listen to the show in the morning, stopped tuning in after G. Ryan died. I liked G. Ryan, he was random enough, capable of raising a smile or a laugh among the listener, loud and opinionated, in a sort of Jonathon Ross type way, nothing was taboo, and he wasn't afraid to say anything.

Just reading back over some of the comments on this thread, I'm beginning to believe RTE really don't care about ratings or critics or even what their listeners think. RTE is a bubble, all they care about is themselves.

As for the LLS ratings staying strong, as has been noted, but for the Recession, they'd be in half at this stage. Having said that, the recession also means there is a hell of a lot more people sitting around at home in the mornings listening to the radio than in Gerry Ryan's time, and Tubridy has actually managed to lose a substantial amount of listeners.

But like I say, I don't think RTE care about ratings as long as golden boy has a job and is well paid.

Advertisement