Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

ghiertal wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/give-aoibhinn-a-show-of-her-own-at-rte-says-tubs-3074027.html

Its not difficult to see that this is how Tubridy believes the world works. It's how it came to pass for him. He controls RTE and his endless promoting of boybands such as Jedward and One Direction makes me believe that he is up someone's.

I'm going to get a telling-off from a mod over this but having read through those quotes, are they *srsly* a couple??? He sounds like he's talking about a vaguely nice woman he works with, not a girlfriend.
    'I said to her, "You're a pretty impressive woman'" ????
    What??? That's the kind of thing a married thirtysomething man says to a twentysomething intern who's looking for cash for her sponsored walk in Africa...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Off for his fourth week so far this year. When you add in last week of 2011 he has been on holidays for 5 weeks out of the last 16 or he has a work/holiday ratio of 11/5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well he is writing a second book.. You dont expect him to do that on his own time do you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm going to get a telling-off from a mod over this but having read through those quotes, are they *srsly* a couple??? He sounds like he's talking about a vaguely nice woman he works with, not a girlfriend.
    'I said to her, "You're a pretty impressive woman'" ????
    What??? That's the kind of thing a married thirtysomething man says to a twentysomething intern who's looking for cash for her sponsored walk in Africa...
    yeah it's a creepy article...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Off for his fourth week so far this year. When you add in last week of 2011 he has been on holidays for 5 weeks out of the last 16 or he has a work/holiday ratio of 11/5.

Not only is tubs off several of his colleague's are too.
    They really have it good...

• Advertisement

yeah it's a creepy article...

It's almost like a relationship of convenience between the two. It keeps Tubridy's real private peccadilloes out of the papers and helps her launch a media career. It's a rotten arrangement. Also I saw today that RTE flew Cuba Gooding into the country for that Late Late interview. Anyone who remembers that meeting might think RTE is swimming in cash if they can spend(20k) at a guess on that rubbish.

Just after looking at the tubridy 2fm Facebook page. Honestly, the comments on there would make Stasi-controlled East Germany seem liberal. "Ryan you are so handsome", "You work so hard" "Love the show" etc. Not one critical comment there. No wonder he quit Twitter. Now he can live in a world of pure imagination with sweeties, books and jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You'd wonder why they dont just leave Dave Fanning in that slot... He's not my favourite presenter by any means, but even just listening to him today, he's a whole level above Tubridy..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You'd wonder why they dont just leave Dave Fanning in that slot... He's not my favourite presenter by any means, but even just listening to him today, he's a whole level above Tubridy..
    just heard a few minutes of the interview with the lady from cork about the twins operation....she sounded like she was having fun with dave fanning!

he didn't even ask her "how did make you feel" that would have been tubs main question!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Fanning's OK, although I find he can be rude to his guests sometimes by interrupting them: 'Nah, nah, hang on a second...'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Fanning's OK, although I find he can be rude to his guests sometimes by interrupting them: 'Nah, nah, hang on a second...'
    IMO that is exactly what they should ALL do.

just heard a few minutes of the interview with the lady from cork about the twins operation....she sounded like she was having fun with dave fanning!

he didn't even ask her "how did make you feel" that would have been tubs main question!

Heard a few bits of the programme over the past 2 days and i've come to the conclusion that no heterosexual male could stick listening to it for more than 5 minutes. If all the children aged between 5 and 15 were wiped out by an epidemic tubridy would have no show. The show is centered on parents marvelling at quirky kids or asking for advise on parenting matters. Even the link-up with that tripe The Voice is targeting the housewife market. He has alienated the male listenership that made up a significant part of Gerrys audience. People should read the comments on his Facebook page(esp. where he is pictured with judges from the voice), they almost beggar belief. It's all so sanitised and safe.

Some person asked why do i continue to listen to his show? Its because i hate him. Finally, i see that tubridy will have Gay Byrne and Pat Kenny on the LLS. Why? I cant ever recall PK having GB on his LLS, yet this will be the 2nd time tubridy will have both of them on. What is the point of it? I'll be dead before tubridy comes up with something original. It's all so MoR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Some person asked why do i continue to listen to his show? Its because i hate him.

I never guessed that for a second.

Seriously why are you wasting your energy hating Ryan Tubridy? Its just gonna eat you up. He's what they refer to in Eastenders as "fammmily".

Stumbling and bumbling over a letter from a woman who has to go to the SVP.

I think it is fair to say that he is totally out of touch with the realities of modern life in Ireland. His attempts at pathos catch in his throat every time.

Now a girl from a cheese box. Much more comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I cant ever recall PK having GB on his LLS

Gay Byrne was on Pat Kenny's LLS at least once to promote Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Tubbers has a new found hobby, tracking people down
    Tubridy 2fm tracked down the Calvita Girl, and she's looking well. Any ideas for who they need to track down next ..? fb.me/UtgykGeF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Tubridy 2fm tracked down the Calvita Girl, and she's looking well. Any ideas for who they need to track down next ..?

His balls.

mikom wrote: »
    His balls.

Calvita Girl lost her balls? :eek:

Calvita Girl lost her balls? :eek:

Tragic grating accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Tubridy 2fm tracked down the Calvita Girl, and she's looking well. Any ideas for who they need to track down next ..? fb.me/UtgykGeF

1-madeleine-mccann-324x205.jpg

• Advertisement

Tubridy Facebook 19th April:So you're out for a night out with the girls, chatting, laughing having a great time... you nip to the loo and while you're in there powdering your nose... a complete stranger comes up to you to tell you that your dress doesn't do you any favours!! Night ruined! Has this ever happened to you? Let us know on 51552

What straight man could listen to tubridy anymore? It has become so pink. I would love to know what Poly and MrsdeWinter think of the show. Has it become more appealing to women. The comments on the facebook page are simply repulsive.

Are you a straight man, ghiertal?

Are you a straight man, ghiertal?

Yeah i am a straight man who loved Gerry but also enjoyed some of the more feminine part of Gerry's show. He made it fun, tubridy panders to his female audience, It's hard to imagine any taxi driver having the tubridy show on in his car. He has alienated half of Ireland and seems to have gone down the Derek Mooney route.

He is trying for the perfect mix of Duffy and Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Yeah I bumped into the same Calvita girl in RL some time back myself.

About the same age as Tubs himself, and very very South County Dublin.

I would be fairly certain he has known her or her family for years.

He looks like a right tool on the vespa
    Pic wont load here dam it here is link http://www.facebook.com/tubridy2fm

He looks like a right tool on the vespa
    Pic wont load here dam it here is link http://www.facebook.com/tubridy2fm[/QUOTE]

The comments on his page are moderated. I left a comment on his facebook page but it isnt shown here. Instead we have "Looking good Mr.T", "Suits u Ryan", "That scooter was made for you Ryan" and "Ryan you look so young and carefree, definitely get one". This is the guy who is constantly banging on about America freedom of expression and democracy. He cant take any banter, he left twitter because of criticism. Now all comments must be pre-vetted and approved by his minions.Coward.

Most comments seem to be from lovely girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Tubridy Facebook 19th April:So you're out for a night out with the girls, chatting, laughing having a great time... you nip to the loo and while you're in there powdering your nose... a complete stranger comes up to you to tell you that your dress doesn't do you any favours!! Night ruined! Has this ever happened to you? Let us know on 51552

What straight man could listen to tubridy anymore? It has become so pink. I would love to know what Poly and MrsdeWinter think of the show. Has it become more appealing to women. The comments on the facebook page are simply repulsive.

Does anyone take that sh*te seriously?

(a) women don't say things like "that dress doesn't do you any favours". It's not cornation street out there.

(b) if a woman did say that to another, she'd probably get a smack in the mouth for her trouble and rightly so.

Tubridy..you're past it, yesterday's news I'm afraid. Get off 2fm and do us all a favour...it's in the best interests of all concerned.

This charade cannot continue any longer. You simply aren't good enough to fill the primetime morning slot. To do that you need talent which you clearly don't have.

• Advertisement

So I've heard Ryan, so I've heard.........

Advertisement