Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Let's be perfectly honest. If it was anyone else in that slot and had done as bad and lost as many listeners, they'd have been gone by now, unless their surname was Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ghiertal wrote: »
    Tubridy Facebook 19th April:So you're out for a night out with the girls, chatting, laughing having a great time... you nip to the loo and while you're in there powdering your nose... a complete stranger comes up to you to tell you that your dress doesn't do you any favours!! Night ruined! Has this ever happened to you? Let us know on 51552

Is it just me or is that incredibly patronising? :confused:

I recommend ye all to read that paragraph with Alan Partridge's voice. Its deliciously Partridgesque...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

telekon wrote: »
    Is it just me or is that incredibly patronising? :confused:

I recommend ye all to read that paragraph with Alan Partridge's voice. Its deliciously Partridgesque...
    it does sound partrigey!!

I think it's quite obvious what's happening. They've realised the show has hit the floor, they absolutely will not fire the presenter, so they have decided to rebuild the show from the bottom and build it around Tubridy.The jnlr figures have not mattered so far, however they absolutely will now. From now on Tubridys producers will expect a small and consistant increase in ratings. Eventually in 2 or 3 years taking on Darcy or whoever.
    I would say that is not a great idea RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

it does sound partrigey!!

I think it's quite obvious what's happening. They've realised the show has hit the floor, they absolutely will not fire the presenter, so they have decided to rebuild the show from the bottom and build it around Tubridy.The jnlr figures have not mattered so far, however they absolutely will now. From now on Tubridys producers will expect a small and consistant increase in ratings. Eventually in 2 or 3 years taking on Darcy or whoever.
    I would say that is not a great idea RTE.

Only heard it for 2 or 3 minutes today, but i had to turn off the radio in disgust. He was poking and prodding a homeless man until he made him cry. He seems to have dug out an old Oprah Winfrey instruction manual. Exploitative, cheap tabloid radio and tv is his sole agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ryan tubridy gets to grips with siri
    this is so funny
    http://t.co/8kAYanho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Ryan tubridy gets to grips with siri
    this is so funny
    http://t.co/8kAYanho

Ah poor Ryan, leave him alone:p

Its good and true:D

I've heard it all now..

I've heard it all now..

What did u hear Jim? I missed it. Did he turn up in a children's hospital and point a microphone in their gob and force them to cry. I only heard a few minutes yesterday when he was gabbing away about Grease(The movie), Abba and eurovision. It was typical pink fluff. Rte seems to have forgotten that straight men listen to the radio or else think that we simply wont listen to tubridy. I'm sick of it. Are there any radio programmes in the morning that are suitable for people like me. I actually feel that they are discriminating against me because they are unwilling to provide a public service. Is there any way the public can access the breakdown of female/straight male listener figures?

He was again talking about death today somebody's ashes.
    Jesus i only tuned in to see what crap he was talking about and again its somebody else's misery.
    Anyway some caller had an urn with ashes and the questions he asked the poor woman,why have you got it,why this why that the most intrusive questions ive ever heard him ask regarding such a personal topic.

Then some man got on who had ashes split into two urns for him and another family member the guy said it will be a sad day as he was spreading the ashes and tubridy asks him why will you be sad? ffs

enough said the man is hopless..tubbers that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Unfortunately I heard both stories, had to turn it off fairly lively.So depressing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Unfortunately I heard both stories, had to turn it off fairly lively.So depressing :rolleyes:

I genuinely believe that tubridy has no editorial control on the show now. He did it his way for the 1st year, ie. he talked about movies, talked to the newsreader, played a few songs and read tweets. The programme is most likely being edited by women now, women who are obviously anti-men, because the content is just so pink. They probably have gay friends and sit around talking about how they hate straight men and saying that straight men don't deserve to have radio shows that are aimed at them. That's why i am finding it very hard to listen to it at the moment + the fact that i dont like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It's just cringe radio. He has no idea how to interact with the 'riff raff'. He's in his own little bubble of jelly beans, US presidents, Mad Men, and Jedward. The show is slowly turning into the Mooney show, which is atrocious radio. Jedward, Eurovision, that awful foghorn Brek, Bluetits, Mayerdy Button and several other topics of shìte that only he is interested in.

Well the only consolation is he will be off air for two months over the summer, and over in the UK.

Who is taking over his 2FM slot in Ireland? Someone good I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Well the only consolation is he will be off air for two months over the summer, and over in the UK.

Who is taking over his 2FM slot in Ireland? Someone good I hope.

He won't unfortunately, the BBC Radio2 gig is Saturday mornings only.

telekon wrote: »
    He won't unfortunately, the BBC Radio2 gig is Saturday mornings only.

Ah feck sake. I thought it was every weekday morning.

He is back on twitter again.

Went on to his facebook page to see if there was anything about him going back to twitter but instead i saw the quarest thing i ever saw in my life, a link to a tampons page where you can make an apology that you feel you owe someone. You actually couldnt make it up. No man could be caught dead with this garbage on. Tubridy if you have any dignity remaining then please go. Coupled with hearing Marty Morrissey review a musical on The Mooney Show has made it a really bad day for the Irish man.

you can follow the antics here already he is at it https://twitter.com/#!/Tubridy2FM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭prunudo

you can follow the antics here already he is at it https://twitter.com/#!/Tubridy2FM

And the cynic in me would say that this will be his production team and not his own tweets:D

jvan wrote: »

And the cynic in me would say that this will be his production team and not his own tweets:D

And the cynic in tells me he is watching to see what's been said and that he misses twitter,and his input would go into the tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah ffs, I'm only after closing down the account that I used to bully him from.. :mad:

Ah ffs, I'm only after closing down the account that I used to bully him from.. :mad:

Mine is still open lol...

I am beginning to think that the comments on his facebook page are made up. The show's researchers might have created multiple profiles, the comments are ridiculous and verge on the inexplicable,for example:

Love Ryan Tubridy, never met him but i think he always comes across lovely. Easy on the eye also!

http://www.facebook.com/tubridy2fm#!/photo.php?fbid=368402633194812&set=a.368402396528169.75150.142609152440829&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

....and todays first guest, the only man in the world ever to have a heart transplant ever......

I will be sending a tweet tomorrow,what the hell are 2fm thinking talking about other peoples illnesses for on a daily basis.;

I will be sending a tweet tomorrow,what the hell are 2fm thinking talking about other peoples illnesses for on a daily basis.;

I could not resist this morning tweet was sent

I could not resist this morning tweet was sent

PROFITS at presenter Ryan Tubridy's media firm were up 75pc last year, despite the crisis at his main employer, RTE.
    Meanwhile, Eamon Dunphy's management company increased its profits by 25pc.
    TV and radio host Mr Tubridy's firm, Tuttle Productions, saw its accumulated profits increase from €34,396 to €60,446 in the 12 months to the end of August last year, according to accounts filed with the Companies Office.
    It is now sitting on a cash pile of €117,806, up 32pc from €89,140 the previous year.
    Figures released by RTE last year show that the 37-year-old earned €519,667 from it in 2009 -- the third-highest behind Pat Kenny and the late Gerry Ryan.
    Tuttle Productions Ltd last year paid €1,005 in corporation tax and paid no corporation tax in 2010, according to the accounts.
    The figures show that the company paid an additional €38,382 in VAT, PAYE and PRSI in 2011.
    The 2FM presenter -- who is not an RTE staff member, but works a contractor -- has already incurred pay cuts and Mr Tubridy said earlier this month that he had "no problem" with his wage cuts.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/profits-at-tubridy-firm-soar-despite-rte-crisis-3093716.html

I suppose it's "good for business" isnt it ryan? I only heard a snatch this morning but he was laughing at a man who committed incest with his mother. I'm getting sick of him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

I don't agree. Sean Moncrieff was the obvious choice to replace G. Ryan and still is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

EchoO wrote: »
    I don't agree. Sean Moncrieff was the obvious choice to replace G. Ryan and still is.

I think who takes over is a side issue.. I think the main issue is that Tubridy is awful at the job and has to go.. I was cringing looking at his questions on Friday night..

Advertisement