Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Interesting discussion about the three LLS hosts on Newstalk right now...

Derek Davis says that "Tubridy has the potential to be the best of the three LLS presenters".... I dont see it to be honest..

Derek Davis #fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A spelling Bee???? yeah that will have the listeners coming in their droves, Ryan..

A spelling Bee???? yeah that will have the listeners coming in their droves, Ryan..

He is in his element.
    He is in cavan this Wednesday and guess what? So am i...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

he loves that sh*t!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

jimmynokia wrote: »
    He is in his element.
    He is in cavan this Wednesday and guess what? So am i...

Will you be on the "Grassy Knoll" in Cavan, Jimmy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Id say he definitely reads this thread. Not a word about jelly beans, Mad Men or US presidents for a while now.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Id say he definitely reads this thread. Not a word about jelly beans, Mad Men or US presidents for a while now.
    No, RTE hired a new production team and advisors to read this thread and they concluded that to improve the show, he must not speak of Madmen jelly beans and jfk!

ghiertal wrote: »
    Will you be on the "Grassy Knoll" in Cavan, Jimmy?

Im going to go to the Cavan crystal thats where he will be lol...

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/radio-shock-jocks-100m-deal-that-puts-tubridy-in-the-hapenny-place-3139916.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

You all should know anyway,but just a reminder to all the RT fans out there, he fills in for Chris Evans from tomorrow on the beeb.

Graham Norton must have got rid of him:p

jimmyw wrote: »
    You all should know anyway,but just a reminder to all the RT fans out there, he fills in for Chris Evans from tomorrow on the beeb.

Unreal or what more holidays and off double jobbing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Id say RTE are hoping he'll jump ship, thats why they are letting him do all those fill in jobs.

Take the hint Tubs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Wanted to see how our neighbours over the water were finding Tubridy on BBC Radio 2.

Two positive opinions voices, fair play, and two negative. So he's divided opinion a bit.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1686920

The following by poster 'cotton tail' could have come straight out of this thread (bar the obvious BBC personalities mentioned) :D

I normally listen to R2 in the morning but could not stick this Tubridy (?) chap, I've preferred silence to him, especially when you add Fiona Phillips to the mix, my idea of hell. I never thought I'd say this but he even made Richard Madeley sound decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I did a quick search on Twitter yesterday, and most of the comments about Tubridy were quite positive. Some people were even describing him as "the next Wogan". I'm... erm... not sure about that, but I do think he'd do quite well over there, as a small fish in a big pond. He's in a funny position in Ireland, where he has an undeservedly high profile and (as a consequence) receives equally undeserved levels of abuse.

He'd be crazy to stay at RTE. He's not suitable for 2FM and he definitely doesn't have the personality or the interviewing ability to carry the Late Late Show. Removing him from either of those shows would be seen as an embarrassing step backwards. He's not a bad presenter - he's just in the wrong job. If he insists on doing television, he'd be ideal for a BBC daytime quiz show. A revival of Going for Gold, maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

jimmyw wrote: »

Are you serious? the GN radio show is a weekend backwater comparwe to Chris Evans R2 show. Remember this was Wogan's slot until a couple of years ago - highest radio listenership in the world. Evans has been pretty popular too. Serious step up for the little fella. Wouldn't care if he took over full time as no way would I listen to R2 anymore than his 2fm show.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

So Tubbs is talking to Mooney and just announced.. he is going nowhere.
    Dam, I though he would be gone in September. But the contracts have not been signed yet.. I think

miketv wrote: »
    So Tubbs is talking to Mooney and just announced.. he is going nowhere.
    Dam, I though he would be gone in September. But the contracts have not been signed yet.. I think

Wasnt that a great love-in between the three of them Derek, Bren and Ryan? Apparently very few negative comments too according to Derek:rolleyes:.A nice talk too about their dear old former friend Gerry:p

Marcusm wrote: »
    Are you serious? the GN radio show is a weekend backwater comparwe to Chris Evans R2 show. Remember this was Wogan's slot until a couple of years ago - highest radio listenership in the world. Evans has been pretty popular too. Serious step up for the little fella. Wouldn't care if he took over full time as no way would I listen to R2 anymore than his 2fm show.

Am I serious about what? I was only stating that he usually stands in for Graham, but this time its for Chris.Maybe he still will stand in for GN.Serious step up for Ryan or Chris you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

In Case anyone wants to listen to tubbs and has the tunein app you can do it by searching for bbc radio two and clicking schedule and clicking on the individual shows will bring up past shows.

Not really no.. lol.

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...e-3161099.html

ffs, JUST FK OFF Tubridy.... go and go now... His constant shilling and self promotion in light of his two failing Irish shows is just disgusting.. You think he would be working on trying to make those shows better instead of getting a second job.

ffs, JUST FK OFF Tubridy.... go and go now... His constant shilling and self promotion in light of his two failing Irish shows is just disgusting.. You think he would be working on trying to make those shows better instead of getting a second job.

Totally agree about him trying to manage public opinion of himself. Think it is related to his contract negotiations with RTE. Seems to be giving endless interviews, that are varied around the same themes, such as
    #I'm getting very comfortable at the BBC
    #I'm not leaving RTE
    #Doing a 3 hour radio show would be too demanding for health reasons
    #Aoibhinn is an extraordinary thing

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/she-continues-to-amaze-me-ryan-tubridy-opens-up-about-girlfriend-aoibhinn-3168917.html

The 36-year-old is standing in for Chris Evans for the summer on BBC Radio 2 and presenting his early morning Breakfast Show.

Jimmy, Tubs is 36 now. Don't get the reason why he is constantly lying about his age. Does he want to be seen as the bright young thing of Irish tv and radio?

That article is a rehash of a Mail on Sunday interview. The best part of it is this.

‘I’m a big fan of Paul Smith and my fashion mecca is the Covent Garden store. There is a guy who works there, Chris from Galway, who looks after me.
    ‘It is a great shop and brings out my inner girl. Once a year I buy things and that’s me done.

WTF!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173759/Radio-2-host-Ryan-Tubridy-life-BBC-standing-Chris-Evans.html#ixzz20lsvZpRg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I listened to Tubs on the beeb last week and was largely unimpressed, he sounded unsure of himself and again was speaking too quickly which was the complaint from uk listeners the last time he was on there. Granted he's never short of a word or two but aside from the irish accent how does he offer anything different to the bbc listeners? In fairness to him he did play several tunes by irish artists old and new but i fail to see the x factor that the beeb clearly see in him.

- ALISON O'RIORDAN EXCLUSIVE

a ha ha ha a ha ha

Totally agree about him trying to manage public opinion of himself. Think it is related to his contract negotiations with RTE. Seems to be giving endless interviews, that are varied around the same themes, such as
    #I'm not leaving RTE

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/she-continues-to-amaze-me-ryan-tubridy-opens-up-about-girlfriend-aoibhinn-3168917.html

The 36-year-old is standing in for Chris Evans for the summer on BBC Radio 2 and presenting his early morning Breakfast Show.

Jimmy, Tubs is 36 now. Don't get the reason why he is constantly lying about his age. Does he want to be seen as the bright young thing of Irish tv and radio?

That article is a rehash of a Mail on Sunday interview. The best part of it is this.

‘I’m a big fan of Paul Smith and my fashion mecca is the Covent Garden store. There is a guy who works there, Chris from Galway, who looks after me.
    ‘It is a great shop and brings out my inner girl. Once a year I buy things and that’s me done.

WTF!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173759/Radio-2-host-Ryan-Tubridy-life-BBC-standing-Chris-Evans.html#ixzz20lsvZpRg

If RTE ant sense they will not sign new contracts this year,im hoping he has been told to play the media until this time comes when infact RTE will tell him to fcuk off.

As for him and aoibhinn they are both like two kids ,need to wake up and stop
    going on like 2 year olds dodging cameras and making up story's.

I've read a few articles this weekend from tubs (obvious) media drive and gathered that the official line from RTE is that they were knocked sideways by the death of gerry ryan and have been battling ever since....

They still haven't copped on that the shows are crap!

I like the cut of the new guys jip (in RTE) i hear he is a good lad for giving people the p45??

I've read a few articles this weekend from tubs (obvious) media drive and gathered that the official line from RTE is that they were knocked sideways by the death of gerry ryan and have been battling ever since....

They still haven't copped on that the shows are crap!

I like the cut of the new guys jip (in RTE) i hear he is a good lad for giving people the p45??

You mean the guy coming from the BBC? I sense something fishy going on there maybe a swap with tubs lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

#I'm not leaving RTE

WTF!

Tubs is actually 39 now!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Tubs is actually 39 now!

I know, i brought up this matter previously (re:post#2816). Jimmynokia has also been quite vocal on it. To be honest i think he wants the BBC to believe that he is only 36. But if he is doing this now when he is in the public eye and has been saying in the past that he was born in 1973 it makes me wonder what age he really is. He probably knocked a few years off his age when he first entered RTE and has continued to do so over the past fifteen years. I wouldnt be surprised if tubridy is at least 50. He has a very wrinkly face and just about everything else screams old man. He probably was a young boy during the JFK visit hence the enduring fascination.

• Advertisement

He was good at making the tea for Gerry Ryan, why was he ever moved from that position???

Advertisement