Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

I will go along with changes that are made because of the times we now live in.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishshowbiz/4480361/Ryan-gets-on-bike-to-beat-wage-drop-blues.html

Don't bother going along with the changes Ryan. Quit, you are being massively underpaid by RTE and it will be a long time before we are out of recession. What times do we live in? The times where a radio/tv host in a small country earns twenty times the average salary. He actually thinks that he is doing us a favour by accepting a drop in wages. He believes that he is worth 7 or 8 hundred thousand euro.

He should count himself lucky to have a job. These guys still don't get what is happening in this country, which is especially sad as tubs spends time talking to the public. He couldn't care less about anyone outside his immediate circle. He pays minimal levels of tax but expects a premium salary, with his salary being funded partially through the licence fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

RTE has a 16.8 million euro deficit, 2fm make a 5.4 million loss, Tubridy loses 124,000 listeners and RTE gives him a new contract worth 373,000 euros a year! It's just absurd and could only happen at RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

EchoO wrote: »
    RTE has a 16.8 million euro deficit, 2fm make a 5.4 million loss, Tubridy loses 124,000 listeners and RTE gives him a new contract worth 373,000 euros a year! It's just absurd and could only happen at RTE.

Public service broadcasting innit....

3-tubridy-vespa_1088646a.jpg

http://www.vespa.ie/model_gtv_250.html

Child moaning about salary cuts yet spends five and a half thousand on a toy. It actually suits the child. Does he have any idea how stupid he looks? Oh look at me mammy, aren't i great, here amn't i a good boy. Pathetic. Why are RTE forcing this d**on on us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

that photo, never have I wanted to punch my monitor so much, urgh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ghiertal wrote: »
    3-tubridy-vespa_1088646a.jpg

All that's left to do now is to point him to the exit gates... On yer bike, Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

NO COMMENT

Tubridy_1088192t.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I'm getting really sick of asking people to lay off the abuse. You don't like him, fine, but this isn't the place for it and its against the charter, anymore offtopic abusive posts will result in action by the moderators

splinter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Topic for this week's show... Being bullied on Twitter. Special interview with Tubridy's cousin Chris Andrews..

Sting Op Exposes Andrews Over FF Twitter Rants

Kind of ironic since Tubs himself left Twitter because he was being bullied. I'm sure he'll be in full on "head buried in the sand" mode when it comes to this story.

It will be just ignored,no mention at all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Topic for this week's show... Being bullied on Twitter. Special interview with Tubridy's cousin Chris Andrews..

Kind of ironic since Tubs himself left Twitter because he was being bullied. I'm sure he'll be in full on "head buried in the sand" mode when it comes to this story.

You couldn't write it........

Whats the bets he will give a speech on his paycut...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHYpqXStEyRBlDpQMjgYov_KWRB0-IHoA-VyRsRHdrNHto94e7

One is a member of government who helped bring a country to it's knees, beside him is Syrian Taoiseach Bassar al-Assad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Will Tubs mention hes cousin chris andrews setting up a fake twitter account to criticise fianna fail when he does hes paper review tomorrow?

Will Tubs mention hes cousin chris andrews setting up a fake twitter account to criticise fianna fail when he does hes paper review tomorrow?
    Unlikely, if so it will be tarred down.

Well well well Dave fanning in for tubbers, now cone on, set up or what, or tubbers just couldn't face facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Well well well Dave fanning in for tubbers, now cone on, set up or what, or tubbers just couldn't face facts.

Or in non-begrudgery and conspiracy land, he is filling in for Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

So I assume he is on his annual leave?

tallpaul wrote: »
    he is filling in for Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2...

He was brown-nosing the Brits all this morning again on the Olympics "You did an amazing job", "Wasn't it great to see Ireland and Britain supporting each other". He really is a servile, unctuous little man. You'd think that he coached Katie Taylor with all the nonsense he came out with about Bray. He spent a few hours there last week but he had to stick his craw in. He had more rubbish on Rory McIlroy and Colin Farrell, had to be a name dropper. He must be the only Irishman who actually acts like a plastic paddy, he portrays such an old-fashioned,tweed cap,Terry Wogan image. He is after embarrassing the whole country over there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Great to see people take note of the constant warnings, ghiertal has been banned for 2 days. Any further offtopic discussion or abuse towards this presenter from anyone will occur a similar ban. It stops now folks

Splinter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

heard a few minutes this morning. Dave Fanning discussing the "pussy riot" situation in Russia. I could imagine tubs glossing over in a second...Well done Dave, he deserves to take over this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

"You did an amazing job", . ."Wasn't it great to see Ireland and Britain supporting each other"

In fairness they did do an amazing job and imo it was great to see the two countries supporting each other.
    While I totally agree that he is not good in his current roles, I think there is no point jumping on every little thing he utters particularly when in cases like this there is nothing wrong with what he has said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I think Tubridy is in the unfortunate position of being the guy who has to replace a certainty. That certainty was that Gerry Ryan would be on the radio when you switch over to 2fm for the last 20+ years, regardless of what you are doing in the morning. Also I feel Tubridy's thing has always been more of a light entertainment presenter, where he presents you the spectacle, acts more or less as a straight man to measure the spectacles entertainment value off, then tells you who's won or lost or asks questions to move things along. He doesn't seem to be suited to the more random and off the cuff humorous personal commentary style of Gerry Ryan, which people have come to expect and associate with a show in that time slot.

I think Tubridy is in the unfortunate position of being the guy who has to replace a certainty. That certainty was that Gerry Ryan would be on the radio when you switch over to 2fm for the last 20+ years, regardless of what you are doing in the morning. Also I feel Tubridy's thing has always been more of a light entertainment presenter, where he presents you the spectacle, acts more or less as a straight man to measure the spectacles entertainment value off, then tells you who's won or lost or asks questions to move things along. He doesn't seem to be suited to the more random and off the cuff humorous personal commentary style of Gerry Ryan, which people have come to expect and associate with a show in that time slot.
    As johnny ramone said when dee dee left the band..."so what we'll just get another dee dee..."
    That's what RTE should have done. Ryans talents lie half way between nationwide and primetime. He should also be paid as such.

As johnny ramone said when dee dee left the band..."so what we'll just get another dee dee..."
    That's what RTE should have done. Ryans talents lie half way between nationwide and primetime. He should also be paid as such.

RTE decided to play it safe with Tubridy. He was high profile enough to generate interest and would probably bring a core fan group to the show to kick-start it. I think it would be a hard job to find somebody like Gerry Ryan today. He was more a product of his formative years on the fringes of licensed radio and in the early days of 2fm, where he learned how to present in a manner that got people to go out of their way to listen to you. I'd have to agree on the nationwide primetime view though, if he could get a show that was something like a roving, ask a member of the public on the spot current affairs viewpoints kind of gig he would be right at home.

RTE decided to play it safe with Tubridy. He was high profile enough to generate interest and would probably bring a core fan group to the show to kick-start it. I think it would be a hard job to find somebody like Gerry Ryan today. He was more a product of his formative years on the fringes of licensed radio and in the early days of 2fm, where he learned how to present in a manner that got people to go out of their way to listen to you. I'd have to agree on the nationwide primetime view though, if he could get a show that was something like a roving, ask a member of the public on the spot current affairs viewpoints kind of gig he would be right at home.
    By playing it safe they lost listeners. Dave Fanning would not have lost listeners on that scale. He comes across as decent and honest. How many tactics changes have they gone through now with tubs?

By playing it safe they lost listeners. Dave Fanning would not have lost listeners on that scale. He comes across as decent and honest. How many tactics changes have they gone through now with tubs?

Yeah I think Fanning would have been closer to Gerry Ryan in style. He is very (very) fluid in his speaking and can get to get to the next point without having to make it seem like he's moving down a list of things to talk about today. For me he would have been among the natural choices to at least give a Gerry Ryan styling to a show. I suspect Fanning probably would not have agreed to do it, he may have sensed it would be a poison chalice. I think Tom Dunne would have been good and worth the cash if he was offered the position and allowed to run with it.

Yeah I think Fanning would have been closer to Gerry Ryan in style. He is very (very) fluid in his speaking and can get to get to the next point without having to make it seem like he's moving down a list of things to talk about today. For me he would have been among the natural choices to at least give a Gerry Ryan styling to a show. I suspect Fanning probably would not have agreed to do it, he may have sensed it would be a poison chalice. I think Tom Dunne would have been good and worth the cash if he was offered the position and allowed to run with it.

Tom Dunne show on Newstalk has fairly awful ratings, 49,000 listeners at the last count. I suspect he won't be doing talk radio for much longer.

EchoO wrote: »
    Tom Dunne show on Newstalk has fairly awful ratings, 49,000 listeners at the last count. I suspect he won't be doing talk radio for much longer.

Article from last Saturday's times comparing tubbers' and Tom Dunnes shows. If Dunne is so bad what does it say about tubs?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2012/0811/1224321958193.html

• Advertisement

Article from last Saturday's times comparing tubbers' and Tom Dunnes shows. If Dunne is so bad what does it say about tubs?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2012/0811/1224321958193.html

I think both shows awful, but Dunne is the least awful of the two.

Advertisement