Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Buy Mexican Cheese in Dublin?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Howdy folks,

I'm planning on making some queso dip for a bbq this weekend and I'm gonna need ideally Asadero cheese, or Monterey Jack. Does anyone know of the top of their heads where I can find such cheese in Dublin?

Cheers!
    E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Fallon & Byrne usually has Monterey Jack but you'll pay through the nose for it. I'd say Sheridans on South Anne Street might have some and always worth trying M&S as they have a much wider choice than the other main supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Or go to somewhere like Sheridan's and ask for an Irish substitute to Monterey Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

Cheers for the heads up there folks! Monterey Jack was nowhere to be found, so I asked for a nice substitute in Fallon and Byrne, and apparenly raclette does the trick. I also picked up some super sharp Mount Callan cheddar, which worked really well with all the chilis and jalapenos in the dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That Mount Callan is really 'zinngy' alright!!

Advertisement