Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating Floor Plan Areas & Lineweights etc...

Options
  • 20-08-2010 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi Guys,

I have a question on calculating floor plan areas. For first floors, second floors etc...when calculating the floor area, do you leave out the stairs and open voids, or do you include them?

And does anybody have any tips on lineweights, thicknesses, colours etc for different parts of plans, sections and elevations? I'm no good at it! :(
    Would love one of my CAD drawings to look great when printed in Grayscale or Monocrome!

Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zoolander1

Yes I'd generally calculate floor areas minus stairs.

Not sure what you're asking in the second part?? You can change the properties of lines etc in the Properties panel....or set up a layer with specific properties like colour, lineweight etc and assign lines etc to that layer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

professorA wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have a question on calculating floor plan areas. For first floors, second floors etc...when calculating the floor area, do you leave out the stairs and open voids, or do you include them?

And does anybody have any tips on lineweights, thicknesses, colours etc for different parts of plans, sections and elevations? I'm no good at it! :(
    Would love one of my CAD drawings to look great when printed in Grayscale or Monocrome!

Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks! :D

for black and white drawings i usually set all the colours to black and just specify different lineweights in the plot style settings for the various building elements. for example external walls and building outlines could be 0.30 lineweight and hatchings, internal elements, wall cavities, furniture, window frames etc could be 0.5. my advice would be to play around with them and print to pdf to see how they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,352 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm guessing you made a typing error above, there is no what you have wall 0.3 and hatching, windows etc 0.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

yeah other way around

Advertisement