Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rumour Mill...

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

weepete wrote: »
    I got my call to the IST not long after i applied and had the IST only about 2 weeks after application then of course you have to wait till all the IST's are done before the pass mark is calculated and you know if your in then the AC's are scheduled and then you wait till they are all done before you know if your through that or not.

My mistake then. I always thought there was about 4 weeks between end of applications and start of IST. Must be because i always seem to get one of the last dates for AC & IST :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Gee-22 wrote: »
    My mistake then. I always thought there was about 4 weeks between end of applications and start of IST. Must be because i always seem to get one of the last dates for AC & IST :)

mayb it goes alphabetically and if your name is Zeebeedee Zoolander you could be waiting a long time hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Speculating is intersting, confusing and frustrating at times.

What i found that I was told one thing one day and something different the next. I think they are told to confuse us.

1986j wrote: »
    Speculating is intersting, confusing and frustrating at times.

What i found that I was told one thing one day and something different the next. I think they are told to confuse us.

That part of their job they're doing very well. :cool:

and things change from one campagin to the next c15 i didn't get a score for my IST you only got one if you failed, but c16 i got a score and was told the pass mark (52 for anybody interested), heard some others didn't get a score at all.

P.s. any body remember what the maximum score was for the 2 parts, i.e. how many questions where in it.

• Advertisement

Was it 78?

P.s. any body remember what the maximum score was for the 2 parts, i.e. how many questions where in it.

Is it not 40 question x2 parts = 80 questions?

well there was at least 45 for part A

think it was 48 and 20/25 something like that i wish that score counted towards your final merit place

Just spoken to a serving officer and they said they were told there will be a few more intakes in the summer, but maybe not the usual time after the March intake (if you know what i mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Just spoken to a serving officer and they said they were told there will be a few more intakes in the summer, but maybe not the usual time after the March intake (if you know what i mean).

From the current pool of C16ers then it would have to be in that space of time? Good news for boardies if it happens!

• Advertisement

And for us boardies still waiting to get vetted get them forms sent out lads

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Just what I want to hear - now bring it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

The bad news being some of the NRC's in and around 200 - 220 have been used up and vetting forms have been sent out till 330 ish NRC! So there is about 90 (or there abouts) NRC with vetting forms! Now add the same RC and that gets you a number around 180! So the question is do they need to send out more vetting forms to get two or three more intakes? Probably not on the NRC side, not sure about the RC side?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

I know of one who started in feb intake with a merit of ~230 NRC

I hope to (insert your god here) that recruitment does continue so i can get into a career with prospects. I hate being in a business where i have to look forward to the same thing for the next 35+ years.

Does anyone else feel like a mass signatory letter to the OFMDFM?

This forum should be named the PSNI recruitment heartbreak forum....

People were contacted on Friday.

SJAG wrote: »
    I know of one who started in feb intake with a merit of ~230 NRC

I hope to (insert your god here) that recruitment does continue so i can get into a career with prospects. I hate being in a business where i have to look forward to the same thing for the next 35+ years.

Does anyone else feel like a mass signatory letter to the OFMDFM?

This forum should be named the PSNI recruitment heartbreak forum....

I agree completely heartbreak hotel

On the topic of an NRC 230+ gettin in you have to take into consideration those that fail vetting, fail medical and then of course the people crazy enough to drop out or even turn down the job offer. I had a girl at my AC who was 2weeks away from garnerville and turned down the job 2 years ago only to re-apply again this time!

One very important factor just because you are high up on the merit pool if a lower placed applicant's vetting passes before you, guess who gets the job is there really any point having the merit list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

Not sure if this is new or useful information but a person I know, not roman catholic, with an assessment centre score of high 50's got rejected recently after passing the medical. that will give a few who are waiting bad news probably but thought I'd share anyway. I have to say I really disagree with this selection process as anyone I know who has been hired in the last few years is far from intelligent.

Not sure if this is new or useful information but a person I know, not roman catholic, with an assessment centre score of high 50's got rejected recently after passing the medical. that will give a few who are waiting bad news probably but thought I'd share anyway. I have to say I really disagree with this selection process as anyone I know who has been hired in the last few years is far from intelligent.

Sounds like they failed their vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

hmm I would be surprised at that, person in question is squeaky clean but I guess you never know!

Maybe a family member or associate had a 'colourful' past

• Advertisement

Or even something on the finance side you might not know about... a million and one things it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

That's true, you never know! The 20 year secret that people think that no one knows about can come out and bit when you least want!!! And it'll have nothing to do with the person that wants clearing!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

I agree completely heartbreak hotel

On the topic of an NRC 230+ gettin in you have to take into consideration those that fail vetting, fail medical and then of course the people crazy enough to drop out or even turn down the job offer. I had a girl at my AC who was 2weeks away from garnerville and turned down the job 2 years ago only to re-apply again this time!

One very important factor just because you are high up on the merit pool if a lower placed applicant's vetting passes before you, guess who gets the job is there really any point having the merit list

I am all cleared since dec, more or less, i had a hitch with medical but was cleared up prompt ish. i just wish they would have picked me in their haste to fill places at that point, alas my time may come if its meant for me.

I bet that girl is kicking herself now.

Here is hoping for more intakes....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Buzz35

Cant believe how quiet even this thread is! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Buzz35 wrote: »
    Cant believe how quiet even this thread is! :D

I do see your point Buzz but I would personally rather have this thread as quiet as a morgue than buzzing ( no pun intended ) with silly rumours like '' my cousins girlfriends brothers postman heard from someone high up in the PSNI that..... '' . I'm sure you get my meaning .

That said , this is ' Rumour Control ' so if anyones pet dog picked up some high grade information from the Chief Constable's Afghan Hound then by all means feel free to post here :)

I was talking to a boardie last week, who is currently in G'Ville.

They said that they have seen nothing on the timetables that would indicate there are any intakes in the pipeline. In fact, they said that some training staff had already been moved to other areas.

I wonder what ideas will come from the new justice minister, when they are appointed.

Advertisement