Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rumour Mill...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Would the October intake not be passing out before that timeline?

No.

Somebody in Garnerville will be able to confirm this but from what I have been told that would mean there is a squad somewhere between week 16 and 21 now and a squad between week 1 and 5 and thats it at the minute.

Squad 1 passes out next month, squad 2 has 15 weeks to go and the October intake starts.

5 weeks later squad 2 is 11 to 15, October is 6 to 10, and there is a new intake November or early december (depending on when the 5 weeks fall).

5 weeks later squad 2 is 16 to 21, October is 11 to 15, November is 10 to 16.

Basically 15 weeks will have passed from next months pass out to Squad 2 being ready to pass out. Then we'll have October 5 weeks after that and November 5 weeks after that. No more intakes confirmed past November.

C'mon, somebody in G'ville tell me if i'm right!:D

1342hrs - Edit - Ok, just seen a message on one of the other threads saying that person was in week 5 now sooooooo....... That kinda throws off my workings out for times. That would mean a new intake has just started and if not then the next one wont be for another 5 weeks? But then if a passing out is due in the next couple of weeks then how is there a squad in week 5? Have they changed from the 1 passes out the week 1 starts scenario?

Also see Cashflow passed out 3 weeks ago which would then fit with what the tutor con said about a squad coming out in a couple of weeks.

Can anybody clear that up for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

BoutYe wrote: »
    No.

Somebody in Garnerville will be able to confirm this but from what I have been told that would mean there is a squad somewhere between week 16 and 21 now and a squad between week 1 and 5 and thats it at the minute.

Squad 1 passes out next month, squad 2 has 15 weeks to go and the October intake starts.

5 weeks later squad 2 is 11 to 15, October is 6 to 10, and there is a new intake November or early december (depending on when the 5 weeks fall).

5 weeks later squad 2 is 16 to 21, October is 11 to 15, November is 10 to 16.

Basically 15 weeks will have passed from next months pass out to Squad 2 being ready to pass out. Then we'll have October 5 weeks after that and November 5 weeks after that. No more intakes confirmed past November.

C'mon, somebody in G'ville tell me if i'm right!:D

1342hrs - Edit - Ok, just seen a message on one of the other threads saying that person was in week 5 now sooooooo....... That kinda throws off my workings out for times. That would mean a new intake has just started and if not then the next one wont be for another 5 weeks? But then if a passing out is due in the next couple of weeks then how is there a squad in week 5? Have they changed from the 1 passes out the week 1 starts scenario?

Also see Cashflow passed out 3 weeks ago which would then fit with what the tutor con said about a squad coming out in a couple of weeks.

Can anybody clear that up for me?

I'm in week 5 at the mo and the yellows are very near finished (don't want to given too much away for security reasons). We should be in around week 10 or so when the new blue squad comes in so I'd say your projections are pretty accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

i hope this isnt a stupid question but if they say have an intake of 50...is that made up of 25RC and 25NRC? or is it just the top 50 off the merit pool and the overall intake makes up 50/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

JP84 wrote: »
    i hope this isnt a stupid question but if they say have an intake of 50...is that made up of 25RC and 25NRC? or is it just the top 50 off the merit pool and the overall intake makes up 50/50

It should be 25-25 per intake.

BoutYe wrote: »
    Here's a rumour for you and maybe somebody who can be bothered can work out when the dates are going to be.

Was talking to a tutor con the other day and they say they have been told there will be a squad coming out next month (as in passing out) and then no more for 15 weeks. After that there are going to be 3 in a row (i.e every 5 weeks) and after that they have no idea. So on that point some of you currently in G'ville can confirm or deny the passing out part.

They have also been told there are contractual obligations which, according to the tutor con, they are taking to mean anybody through the process already will have to be offered places if they placed high enough. They are also hearing rumours of one more campaign next year.

As for over all numbers - no idea.

I suppose the main thing to take from that is they arent being told they are getting moved elsewhere. For the time being they are still tutor cons.

There's a wee bit more hope for all you in limbo.

Pleeeeease god let that one be true! Personally I can't see it happening though but I would kill for just one more chance before a proper deep freeze in recruitment
    jclegs wrote:

I never knew that! I always just assumed that the total intake was 50/50 and it didn't matter how each individual intake was made up. Must make it a pain sometimes to make the numbers up right for an intake with folks with outstanding vetting and whatnot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

jclegs wrote: »

Its not, our squad was weighted heavily in favor of RC, at least it seemed that way to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 somehelp?

I wonder could anyone help me.. im a little confused. I seem to be reading some posts which people have maybe done better than me on the merit list although for some reason they havent had there medical or there vetting hasnt cleared..which mine has a good while ago... is there a chance i would be called before them, or would i be waiting for theres to clear too, so they can call in order??

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

somehelp? wrote: »
    I wonder could anyone help me.. im a little confused. I seem to be reading some posts which people have maybe done better than me on the merit list although for some reason they havent had there medical or there vetting hasnt cleared..which mine has a good while ago... is there a chance i would be called before them, or would i be waiting for theres to clear too, so they can call in order??

i'm 20 -30, ,med coming up,vetting send off weeks ago no idea if its cleared or not, vetting wasn't cleared from last years recruitment(posted back aug 09,med past in sept) when i checked in MAY this year! people with lower merit scores than me have been called and must be past out by now...so in my opinion its not ALL down to merit placing!

if they need to fill an intake they will fill it any way they can!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

perhaps you will get the call from c15 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

wanadrum wrote: »
    perhaps you will get the call from c15 then?

your guess is as good as mine mate, hahahaha!

• Advertisement

Here's some more news for all you hopefulls - There is talk that they will be changing the structure of training to have 5 squads in Garnerville at one time. Nothing has been decided but Stage Training for probationers has been affected due to this possibility. Obviously they would'nt be considering changing it to 5 squads if there wasn't a serious possibility of more recruitment to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I hope this is the case and they push as many as they can through.

I was offered a glimmer of hope by the fellow RC who got in with a 900-1000 merit score. I hope I am as lucky!

I hope I get in so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BelfastBear

hi there, Old blue here. We were told that we were going to be the last blue squad through garnerville and lo and behold new blues start soon. Moral of the story, allways take rumours with a pinch of salt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dixie33

Heard today that the freeze is going to be lifted and there will be a recruitment campaign in february with 50/50.

My mate told me this, his father's an officer. Not saying this is fact because it most likely isnt :(, in that case i wonder how such a story could have started ?
    anyway, has anyone else heard anything similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

dixie33 wrote: »
    Heard today that the freeze is going to be lifted and there will be a recruitment campaign in february with 50/50.

My mate told me this, his father's an officer. Not saying this is fact because it most likely isnt :(, in that case i wonder how such a story could have started ?

I can't see what the need would be for another campaign. But nothing wold surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I can't see what the need would be for another campaign. But nothing wold surprise me.

If they can still take the dregs of the candidates from the previous 2 years and there is the whole of C16 candidates you imagine that the best way to save a whole lot of money would be to not run a recruitment campaign next year as I imagine the amount of money paid out to the likes of Deloitte to process the 9-10 thousand applicants and hire hotels for the thousands who unsuccessfully sit the IST & AC centre is colossal. There is clearly enough candidates currently in the recruitment process to sustain police numbers for the next 2 years so why not cut a recruitment campaign for one year and hey presto, a load of money saved to help sustain the current force!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Someone told me that they "had it on good authority that recruitment will be going ahead this year"

Hopefully so!:)

Someone told me that they "had it on good authority that recruitment will be going ahead this year"

Sounds plausable from what I had been told previously about a possible campaign next year. Plus the possibility of 5 squads at a time training instead of 4.

I hope what we've heard turns out to be correct gigity!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

another 7 intakes coming through GV as far as i can here on the grapevine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

where did you hear this Bc and any idea when they are meant to be starting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

4 more intakes after october to be run quite quickly.

No more campaigns for possibly 5 years

Where did you hear that hotel ?:(
    and how reliable is your source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

hotel glo wrote: »

Of all the rumours, that seems the most likely.

Where did you hear that hotel ?:(
    and how reliable is your source?

Garnerville from a person in power.

I'd say very. Obviously I have to be vague for lots of reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

As early as November possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

pma1983 wrote: »
    As early as November possibly?
    There are no October intakes but there is a Nov one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

If the above is accurate I would guess it would be a November intake followed by an intake in January, February and March - which nicely brings 50/50 to an end ( and quite possibly P.S.N.I. recruitment for the forseeable future ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Reliable source?

• Advertisement

strange!!!!

i start in october!! so do the rest i met at induction!

Advertisement