Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rumour Mill...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

You may have made a lot of people happy with that rumour :) What about the 50/50 situation? How can they start a new campaign with that issue still to be addressed?

I just hope they continue to use what they have for a while yet.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

HI Gee - I realise that it will please a lot of people to have heard that - again, it came from a very reliable source - who was incredibly friendly.

There was no mention of 50/50, but I didn't ask about it.

I wish they would work of the merit list rather than pay for a whole new campaign - makes more sense in my opinion.

wanadrum wrote: »
    I wish they would work of the merit list rather than pay for a whole new campaign - makes more sense in my opinion.

I agree with the above.

As for the new campaign - your source is prob right, but I don't see how an new campaign can go ahead before a decision on 50/50. An early decision on 50/50 is whats required. I think the new campaign will happen closer to the summer rather than March.

I didn't think to clarify that with my source - didn't have much time to chat - but their exact words were 'we have just been given some more money and will be recruiting again very soon, don't give up'.

I didn't think to clarify that with my source - didn't have much time to chat - but their exact words were 'we have just been given some more money and will be recruiting again very soon, don't give up'.

Do you think that means a new campaign or they will be recruiting again from the current merit list? Sounds like it could be the latter.

• Advertisement

It sounded to me like a new campaign to be honest - but again I didn't really have much time to clarify this.

I wish I had thought of it - could have told my source how they could save a couple of million by cracking on through the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Certainly sounds like something to keep us positive Wanadrum! Would be nice to see a new campaign as well as continuing on C16 - double our chances :D

Just dying to know what will be announced come the end of February / start of March regarding 50:50 and any more recuitment from the C16 merit pool. Hopefully they would have the sense to use up C16 :rolleyes:

fefe5 wrote: »
    Certainly sounds like something to keep us positive Wanadrum! Would be nice to see a new campaign as well as continuing on C16 - double our chances :D

Just dying to know what will be announced come the end of February / start of March regarding 50:50 and any more recuitment from the C16 merit pool. Hopefully they would have the sense to use up C16 :rolleyes:

Don't think you need to worry. March is gonna be your month :D

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Don't think you need to worry. March is gonna be your month :D

Flip, I hope so. I like to think I have a good amount of patience, but this process would test anyones levels of patience!

I was speaking to someone last night who told me that the PSNI have just been given some more money and will be recruiting again very soon - the same individual encouraged me not to give up!

I have a couple of friends going through the recuitment process and also have close connections to people in the PSNI, and they too have been saying that they have heard recently about a new campaign beginning at some point before summer. I would be very sceptical of these rumors generally so as not to get my hopes up. However, these people have no connections to the forum and have still heard this stuff so maybe there will be a little something after March after all.... :rolleyes:

Still hoping I won't need it. Approximately 3 weeks to the calls for March!!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nat_

ok.. new campaign sounds good, yet can someone explain it to me-what happens to all of us who passed their medical and are waiting for vetting to clear? if there is that new campaign does it mean that if we want the job, we have to apply again and go through it all from starting line or where do we end up? im a total newbie and its my first time ever to be doing it so im clueless :confused:

Well, there would normally be some appointments made from this campaign during the next - but this may change becasue of 50/50 etc.

You would reapply regardles to increase your chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PoPoWannabe

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Do you think that means a new campaign or they will be recruiting again from the current merit list? Sounds like it could be the latter.

A friend of mine heard news about the Admin Support Officer roles with the PSNI recently. They are under the same 50/50 terms and conditions as the Police Officer posts. There is a last minute push to get people placed into posts as the current campaign (merit list) will become invalid due to the end of 50/50 in March.

Now, this is relating to the Support Team side of things, but its the same scenario and 50/50 terms with a current live external recruitment campaign. Chances are its the same for us, I think its the end of the road for C16 :-( I've also heard it from G'ville too, March is the last intake full stop.

Sorry guys, its heartbreaking to get so far (...and I'm included in that, gutted).

Good news about the new recruitment campaign rumours though... Still hope, even if we have to go through it all AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

A friend of mine heard news about the Admin Support Officer roles with the PSNI recently. They are under the same 50/50 terms and conditions as the Police Officer posts. There is a last minute push to get people placed into posts as the current campaign (merit list) will become invalid due to the end of 50/50 in March.

Now, this is relating to the Support Team side of things, but its the same scenario and 50/50 terms with a current live external recruitment campaign. Chances are its the same for us, I think its the end of the road for C16 :-( I've also heard it from G'ville too, March is the last intake full stop.

Sorry guys, its heartbreaking to get so far (...and I'm included in that, gutted).

Good news about the new recruitment campaign rumours though... Still hope, even if we have to go through it all AGAIN.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The Support Team recruitment was run by Grafton Agency and was not subject to 50/50 so has absolutely no bearing on the Police Officer recruitment at all.
    Nobody knows what will happen with this campaign as yet - not even the appointments department themselves. Last year when there was the 'freeze' all our in house training was changed to take place in Garnerville (which suited me!) as there would supposedly be no more intakes for the forseeable future, only to be changed again a few weeks later when the so called freeze was lifted and intakes started up again. This tells me that recruitment/training/trainers/no-one knows what is going to happen with this campaign until the last minute.

Actually, the Support Team IS subject to 50/50, it is PSNI external recruitment. You are correct, the initial assessments were ran by Grafton like the initial assessments for us were done by Deloitte. Then the merit pool was handed over to external appointments for 50/50 placing, same as Deloitte. Freeze affected the Support Team in the same way as the Police Officer recruitment.

It's true, you never know what happens in this process, thats why this thread is called 'The Rumour Mill'... We will never know for sure til we get this letter in March. I'm sure you can understand I'm just giving my opinion... and a heads up that it might follow the same path.

I sincerely hope it doesnt get scraped though... but I'm prepared to have another go at it, if it does and a new campaign starts. Never give up on your dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Actually, the Support Team IS subject to 50/50, it is PSNI external recruitment. You are correct, the initial assessments were ran by Grafton like the initial assessments for us were done by Deloitte. Then the merit pool was handed over to external appointments for 50/50 placing, same as Deloitte.

I was my understanding that Grafton still manage recruitment for civilian positions within the service? (Although they may not be recruiting at present). Im not too sure about this whole Deloitte gang though, is that just the Consensia partnership rebranded?

PS - MBC, good to see your still hanging around!! :)

- tv

Actually, the Support Team IS subject to 50/50, it is PSNI external recruitment. You are correct, the initial assessments were ran by Grafton like the initial assessments for us were done by Deloitte. Then the merit pool was handed over to external appointments for 50/50 placing, same as Deloitte. Freeze affected the Support Team in the same way as the Police Officer recruitment.

It's true, you never know what happens in this process, thats why this thread is called 'The Rumour Mill'... We will never know for sure til we get this letter in March. I'm sure you can understand I'm just giving my opinion... and a heads up that it might follow the same path.

I sincerely hope it doesnt get scraped though... but I'm prepared to have another go at it, if it does and a new campaign starts. Never give up on your dreams.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and as you rightly point out this is the rumour mill, but I feel for people who want this so badly and then read so many differing opinions on what is going on with this campaign - especially when it is offered as coming from reliable sources and it is stated as fact rather than opinion or rumour. I just wanted to re-iterate that no matter what opinions or rumours are posted on this board that everyone must remember that no-one actually knows what is happening and that there is hope until that Dear John drops onto the mat. As I said earlier - the trainers in GV were all told they had to relocate at the start of the freeze only to be told a few weeks later they wouldn't be moving after all. Good luck and I hope they do not cut this campaign short as it would be so unfair to all of you waiting.

MBC x

I was my understanding that Grafton still manage recruitment for civilian positions within the service? (Although they may not be recruiting at present). Im not too sure about this whole Deloitte gang though, is that just the Consensia partnership rebranded?

- tv

Hi TV :)

It's a hard habit to break :D and I do feel for all these hopefuls waiting. Oh how I hated the waiting...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The Support Team recruitment was run by Grafton Agency and was not subject to 50/50 so has absolutely no bearing on the Police Officer recruitment at all.
    Nobody knows what will happen with this campaign as yet - not even the appointments department themselves. Last year when there was the 'freeze' all our in house training was changed to take place in Garnerville (which suited me!) as there would supposedly be no more intakes for the forseeable future, only to be changed again a few weeks later when the so called freeze was lifted and intakes started up again. This tells me that recruitment/training/trainers/no-one knows what is going to happen with this campaign until the last minute.

I have just spoken to a serving officer. They said that 50/50 definitely did not apply to The Support Team which was not subject to Patten. Bears out what MBC said.

- tv

Yeah sort of, currently there are alot of temporary civilian staff in through Grafton on temporary contracts (employed by Grafton).

But there was a permanent mass recruitment campaign in 2009 for PSNI support team staff, actual PSNI staff. This was initially started by Grafton, then handed over to Ext Appts (similar to that of Deliotte). Subject to 50/50, the freeze and all that jazz. Exact same merit list set-up. They are only able to place now due to funding.

Maybe this is where the confusion is, no-one knew bout the permanent campaign???

All I was saying is that our recruitment campaign (c16) might follow the same path, expiring after March :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

I have just spoken to a serving officer. They said that 50/50 definitely did not apply to The Support Team which was not subject to Patten. Bears out what MBC said.

This is from the NI Policing Board Website which indicates that 50:50 applied to support/civialian staff also.

-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Ok firstly I have not posted in this thread before as I don't get any juicy rumors to pass on :o but my two cents on this is that we are getting this information at best third hand & we all know how these rumors can be confused, misunderstood or lost in translation & given the way this hiring process is run, if I got letter from Deloitte telling me I had to jump on one foot around Belfast for a day to get a place in hotel GV, i would not be surprised :D;).
    In my humble opinion, until you get a letter telling you to get lost or you see a new recruitment campaign being launched, nothing is certain. Also people need to remember how draining this process is for all concerned, not just people waiting on the call, but the people who get the call & are worried sick about the new challenges & the people making the calls who are probably under huge pressure to get people's medicals & vetting finished. So deep breaths everyone and fingers crossed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

This is from the NI Policing Board Website which indicates that 50:50 applied to support/civialian staff also.

-tv

Thanks. Won't be listening to that person again!

Guys, just to make it clearer... I got info on the civy 50:50 recruitment campaign. I was just wondering if the same will be applied to ours... thats all :rolleyes: No malice intended guys! I'm in the same boat, and have wanted this for sooo long.

This is 'The Rumour Mill' afterall...

If it continues after March and we get the letter saying so, I'll prob kiss the postman! lol

x

So according to the NI Policing Board site, the consultation on 50:50 was due to end yesterday... wonder when we wil hear the outcome as I'm sure thats a big factor on if this campaign has anymore intakes as well as what will happen regarding another campaign.

http://www.nipolicingboard.org.uk/index/our-work/oversight-of-the-psni/content-hr-planning-strategy/content-recruitment.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Hello, I'm new here so I hope you can forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. Does anyone know or can anyone guess what the chances are of a recruitment campaign this year? The thought of waiting for 4 to 6 years is a bit crushing really.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new here so I hope you can forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. Does anyone know or can anyone guess what the chances are of a recruitment campaign this year? The thought of waiting for 4 to 6 years is a bit crushing really.

Thanks.

Hmmm , the $64,000 question !
    At this time nobody knows for sure and there are rumours that suggest there will be no recruitment for the foreseeable future - on the other hand there are rumours that there will be a recruitment drive at an albeit slower rate then before. All we have at the moment is rumour - it is hoped that the position will become clearer in March when budgets , the future of 50/50 recruitment , etc , are decided.
    It is interesting to note that plans remain to commence building a new Emergency Services Training School shortly - grounds for hope I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Delancey wrote: »
    Hmmm , the $64,000 question !
    At this time nobody knows for sure and there are rumours that suggest there will be no recruitment for the foreseeable future - on the other hand there are rumours that there will be a recruitment drive at an albeit slower rate then before. All we have at the moment is rumour - it is hoped that the position will become clearer in March when budgets , the future of 50/50 recruitment , etc , are decided.
    It is interesting to note that plans remain to commence building a new Emergency Services Training School shortly - grounds for hope I guess.

Thanks Delancey. I don't know what the turn around is for the PSNI but I'm sure they will have to replenish their numbers at regular intervals once they know how many officers they can afford. I had passed the AC stage last year but got the letter saying my AC score wasn't high enough to proceed any further.

Do you know if they still recruit POPT's? I haven't seen an advert for them in years. I would even consider going part time if they started up. I'm sounding a bit desperate now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/security-to-dictate-if-psni-gets-extra-200m-chancellor-15077946.html

Some news regarding the extra £200 Million/ €235 millon/$321 million in extra funding that was asked for to tackle the dissident threat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Do you know if they still recruit POPT's? I haven't seen an advert for them in years. I would even consider going part time if they started up. I'm sounding a bit desperate now lol.

My understanding is the POPT's will remain in the PSNI , unlike the Full Time Reserve which will soon be history. I think the number of POPT's will be more or less capped at 2,500 - when or if they may start recruiting I haven't heard a thing.
    Anyone else know anything about the recruitment of POPT's ?

Advertisement