Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Android...

• 20-08-2010 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭

This is probably a no brainer really but here I go.

I recently got out of my contract with meteor. I have had a HTC Hero since November and also used a HTC Desire which unfortunately met an unfortunate end. I live in the UK but will be home for a few days and want to sort out a new phone.

I'm open to any network and don't want an iPhone.

I would gladly get another Desire. Was the perfect phone for me to be honest. But would anyone suggest an alternative. I want something high end (gadget freak) and contract length doesnt really matter. Android is the ideal.

I want a decent camera and music apps, good screen for videos, decent battery life, something sturdily built and nice to look at and hold.

So...can anyone give me advice or even on any upcoming phones?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

EPM wrote: »
    This is probably a no brainer really but here I go.

I recently got out of my contract with meteor. I have had a HTC Hero since November and also used a HTC Desire which unfortunately met an unfortunate end. I live in the UK but will be home for a few days and want to sort out a new phone.

I'm open to any network and don't want an iPhone.

I would gladly get another Desire. Was the perfect phone for me to be honest. But would anyone suggest an alternative. I want something high end (gadget freak) and contract length doesnt really matter. Android is the ideal.

I want a decent camera and music apps, good screen for videos, decent battery life, something sturdily built and nice to look at and hold.

So...can anyone give me advice or even on any upcoming phones?

Cheers

Wait for the Desire HD is my advice for what its worth. I won't be upgrading until there is a processor upgrade. There is talk of 1.5ghz processors and the like, dual core and stuff so that will be my next investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The head of Motorola claims they'll have a 2ghz phone by the end of the year http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/motorola-wants-a-2ghz-android-by-years-end-so-do-we/ so that'd be a might fine bit-o-power to have in your pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

JohnK wrote: »
    The head of Motorola claims they'll have a 2ghz phone by the end of the year http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/motorola-wants-a-2ghz-android-by-years-end-so-do-we/ so that'd be a might fine bit-o-power to have in your pocket.

there is nothing to say that phone will be available in ireland at all though

if i could afford a contract id wait for the desire hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

JohnK wrote: »
    Still not confirmed but even at that Motorola are almost a non entity anymore over this side of the Atlantic. They seem to be making a comeback with Android phones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

if you want something really high end you should wait till September-December when all the manufacturers start bombing the place with new phones...

i dont believe the desire HD will have the new snapragon boards on it and upgrading from HD2 to desire HD is kinda pointless...

so if you want to relive the HTC experience i suggest wait till new high end snapdragon 1.3-1.5 chips come out ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement