Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.net Response to a HTTP Get from an external source

Options
  • 20-08-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm receiving a HTTP post with some variables from an external website. They are expecting a response with only two lines, and they need be to be exactly that.

I'm am writing the response as Response.Write but there is extra HTML being rendered and I need to avoid this.

How can I do this?

Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

The external website is reading my response. I don't think making a HTTP post to them will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

External site posts to a page you host. You read variable and do something then output them to the page. Is that right so far?

Can you post some code and perhaps an example of what you want the response to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

fasty wrote: »
    External site posts to a page you host. You read variable and do something then output them to the page. Is that right so far?

Can you post some code and perhaps an example of what you want the response to be?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to do. It turns out the external website was making a post instead of a get. Once that was changed, it started working :)

Thanks for you help

Advertisement