Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for cover-up in Limerick??

Options
  • 20-08-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I have a tattoo on my shoulder well over ten years nows. I loved it when I first got it but over the years it has faded terrible and now looks awful.
    Could anyone recommend the best place in Limerick to get a cover-up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Not being from Limerick I'm gonna be of limited help, Danny Bullman is probably the best known tattoo artist in Limerick, I've not seen the work he's done lately but he's pretty good all in all. Are Allstar in Limerick? If they are they're well thought of I hear.
    Regarding the coverup, if you only have a small tattoo a coverup will be no problem. A good rule of thumb for coverups is that the new tattoo has to be bigger and darker than the original.
    What are you thinking of getting done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

Sparky is very good at coverups. He was working out of hard knox for a while but I'm not sure if he's still there. Call in and ask them if he's still about

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Diceicle wrote: »
    Not being from Limerick I'm gonna be of limited help, Danny Bullman is probably the best known tattoo artist in Limerick, I've not seen the work he's done lately but he's pretty good all in all. Are Allstar in Limerick? If they are they're well thought of I hear.
    Regarding the coverup, if you only have a small tattoo a coverup will be no problem. A good rule of thumb for coverups is that the new tattoo has to be bigger and darker than the original.
    What are you thinking of getting done?

Danny Bullman's old place is where I got it. Can't remember the artists name. I heard good things about Allstar Ink in Limerick might pop in there.
    The one I have is 4" by 2". It's a tiger or was a tiger looks more like a blur now lol. I would like a fairy tattoo. That sounds pure girly and I am not into girly stuff lol. Not a colorful one but kind of a dark fairy iykwim. Maybe like this. http://www.myspace.com/allstarinktattoos/photos/10190510 different design obviously.
    Or else a few flowers like roses, all shaded and dark.

Suppose only way I will know is to call into the shop. Have to start saving first!

Thanks for the replys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

all star ink are great i've had my 2 feet done in there, and i'm very happy with the work they did :)
    my oh has had 2 tattoo from there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Hi,

Got a tattoo from AllStarInk on Wickham Street in Limerick on Wednesday and couldn't have asked for anything better. Got it from Paul inside, will put up a post in a few days after healing.

Give them an e-mail or call in. They are very approachable and will take time with you to make sure you make the right decision.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement