Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning out a Central Heating System

Options
  • 20-08-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi.

Hope someone on here can help me. I bought a house last winter, I noticed that some of the rads were not heating up fully but this did not really bother me last winter as i only used a few rooms. I had some work done that need the some of th rads to be removed and they were full of black liquid. I did rinse them out but after reconnecting them if still happening in some of the rooms

Is there someway of cleaning/flushing out all the rads with out disconnecting them. If so how can i do it. My heating is oil fired with the burner outside in a shed. I did have someone look at that during the winter and it was fine. Any advice or help would be appreciated

Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alangers

Just found a thread about this and don't think I will be doing it myself!! Anyone know a Plummer in the limerick city area that would do this sort of stuff. And any idea on price for a 3 bedroom semi-d.

Thanks
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

The black liquid of its own is not necessarily the cause of the problem, the black is because there was no inhibitor used and unless it is really thick its not the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Alangers wrote: »
    Just found a thread about this and don't think I will be doing it myself!! Anyone know a Plummer in the limerick city area that would do this sort of stuff. And any idea on price for a 3 bedroom semi-d.

Thanks
    A

There are one or two firms doing it in limerick. Check local papers and google. Looking at between €400 to €500 plus VAT. Be sure and get a service through in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alangers

There are one or two firms doing it in limerick. Check local papers and google. Looking at between €400 to €500 plus VAT. Be sure and get a service through in also.

Thanks Micky.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerryplumbing

What your system seems to need is a power flush. On most sludged systems I have found that it makes a massive difference to the performance. Unfortunately to my knowledge there are not too many guys out there carrying out the work although it should be done as a matter of course with any heating upgrade to ensure that a boilers warranty is valid.
    <snip>

• Advertisement
Advertisement