Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanderlei Silva Seminar in Dublin

• 20-08-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

MMA Lucan presents: Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva

MMA Lucan have been offered a unique opportunity to bring the infamous UFC and Pride superstar Wanderlei Silva to Dublin for a one off seminar!!
    Taking place on 13th October 2010
    There will be 100 spaces only for this seminar to meet and train with the legend!!
    This will comprise of a 2 hour seminar in Palmerstowns Stewarts Sports Centre, Dublin.

This invitation is open to everyone who would like to take this once in a life opportunity to meet and train with one of the biggest MMA legends in the world!

The price for this seminar is €120 per person. Places are limited and will go fast. 1st come, 1st serve basis.

If you are interested in booking your space please contact me asap on mmalucan@gmail.com or check out www.mmalucan.moonfruit.com. Also payment can be made in our gym, located at Unit 27, Hills Industrial Estate, Lucan. Co.Dublin.

This will be his only visit to Ireland so book asap to avoid disappointment. Early booking fee of €100 in full

Thanks.

Link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=111764388878443&ref=ts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

When is this taking place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MMA Man

13th October, Stewarts Sports Centre, Palmerstown

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

fairly short seminar for that money, :eek: (hookers are'nt that dear):rolleyes:

It is expensive, but unfortunately accommodation, venue rental etc must also be covered as part of running this event

MMA Man wrote: »
    It is expensive, but unfortunately accommodation, venue rental etc must also be covered as part of running this event

were are you putting him up? a house made out of faberge eggs??
    only joking mate, best of luck with the seminar

• Advertisement

were are you putting him up? a house made out of faberge eggs??
    only joking mate, best of luck with the seminar

:D he has a team coming with to help out. Thanks mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

€120 for a two hour seminar where you are one of one hundred people. Understood about covering underlying expenses but there is no way that adds up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

People will pay it regardless. Went to his seminar at the Fan Expo at UFC 100 weekend and was by far the most disappointing of them all. Just my opinion. Think he's doing a tour of UK and is up in Belfast aswell and the lad up their is doing it for 70 sterling I think.

There is an early booking fee of €100 if paid in full. And in regards to the seminar in Belfast, the IFS lads up North who are holding that seminar, helped us out with the organising of this seminar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Wanderlai is one of the nicest guys in the sport with a massive wealth of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Wanderlai is one of the nicest guys in the sport with a massive wealth of experience.
    You in kev?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

So expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

If I had the spondulicks I would go just to get a photo with him.

Hey guys, just a quick reminder that places are filling up fast, so if anyone else is interested please contact asap to avoid missing out.
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Killme00 wrote: »
    €120 for a two hour seminar where you are one of one hundred people. Understood about covering underlying expenses but there is no way that adds up.
    In fairness Tom you and me are used to "training" seminars where you pay to go and see and learn a lot from a guy. This is more of a celebrity one where you train a little but mostly get to bask in his reflected glory :). Some people would pay this amount to get a photo taken never mind train.

Wand is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blackhawk22

Not a hope 120 for two hours.he is a good fighter but he would want to make me dinner and walk me home for that price and at most you would pay 60 for any top class bjj player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Odats wrote: »
    People will pay it regardless. Went to his seminar at the Fan Expo at UFC 100 weekend and was by far the most disappointing of them all. Just my opinion. Think he's doing a tour of UK and is up in Belfast aswell and the lad up their is doing it for 70 sterling I think.

He is
    The Axe Murderer is touring the UK for a week in October. He has an MMA seminar at my gym on one of the days for 2 hours. Cost is 90 quid and you get a photo and autograph included.

Congrats on bringing such a legend of the sport to Ireland.

Congrats on bringing such a legend of the sport to Ireland.

Extremely excited to be having him over, and learning from him. Have to give a huge thank you to the IFS lads who did most of the hard work. Hoping it'll be a great day for everyone involved, and something we can all tell our grandchildren when were older lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

MMA Man wrote: »
    Extremely excited to be having him over, and learning from him. Have to give a huge thank you to the IFS lads who did most of the hard work. Hoping it'll be a great day for everyone involved, and something we can all tell our grandchildren when were older lol

Sure you can tell your grand kids you trained with me Anto.:P

• Advertisement

Sure you can tell your grand kids you trained with me Anto.:P

Oh believe me I will Paul :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dizzycoco

As Dana White would say, "If you don't like it don't go!" Seriously, quit whinging....

Hey guys, price for seminar has been dropped to €100. Anyone who paid the original price has been refunded the difference. Still couple of places left if anyone is interested.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

dizzycoco wrote: »
    As Dana White would say, "If you don't like it don't go!" Seriously, quit whinging....
    Ah I agree and all but people have a right to their opinion in fairness. as I've said I hope it's a massive success. €100 is a bit pricey for my budget but best of luck to all attending.

dizzycoco wrote: »

well said, i'm sorry for having an opinion thats diferent to yours on for voicing it on a public fourm,
    i won't be going, and i'll whinge all i want, :D

Advertisement