Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Magill wrote: »
    What tag ? The only times i change my tag is if im asked to or if theres some banter in the lobby going on and i'll not change it again until im playing with clan/gb or in a brds group. As for your generalising, yeah.. don't, it would be like me saying Liverpool fans are all hoody wearing chavs that run around knifing people if they dont have their tousers tucked into their socks.

Meh, its back when you last called me out on my stats and whinged about how you'd have a 5k/d if you had my connection or some nonsense. I rarely run high streaks these days, think my top 3 are AC/Spyplane and napalm. As for your connection, any time i've played with you you've had a 3 bar+ and pretty much always on the same bar as me, so i dont think thats the reason you dont top the boards when i play with you. And i don't really care about how you used to play, its a different game. I used to be pretty good at different games too.

As for the comments below saying "Put away the handbags" etc... Kiss my ass :D
    Don't need to justify myself but I will for clarity sake. Lived in Liverpool for a year and half. Been to over 40 games(including Champions League Final, FA Cup Final and numerous away days across Europe) around 60 if we include non-Liverpool games(ie: continental and WC06).

As for calling you out on being a racist? Well only you know that. I will apologise for generalising as I cannot stand people who do that. But again, past experiences with Leeds fan plus I'll blame tiredness yesterday and being fairly drained from the past few days tbf of watching events unfold, especially yesterday. Well I plainly put 2+2 due to past experiences. Bit of a coincidence the tag and club supported though ;) I will just say I know one Leeds supporter who is a season ticket holder(I think he still is anyway) and he certainly is a good guy.

As for this montage stuff, please enlighten me and correct me if I'am wrong but how have I mocked your montages? Especially as far as I can recall I thanked a few of your original posts and commented positively on of your AK47 ones.

Hey, we all don't run high killstreaks to the level some do nor some don't have the all the luck compared to others who do use them. Doesn't bother me considering I expect someone is alright at getting these kilstreaks to be outscoring me. I won't get started on connection for everyone's sake because I know what I was like when I had a very similar connection to your one once upon a time :pac:

Maybe I should perhaps use another account and get my stats looking better cause they are quite average :pac: :D

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Had the alarm set for 9 (wasn't in till 2), put it on snooze got knows how many times and I'm only getting up now.

I converted the vid to .mp4 cos I couldn't see what point I was at in the video when I was talking, hopefully it'll work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Had the alarm set for 9 (wasn't in till 2), put it on snooze got knows how many times and I'm only getting up now.

I converted the vid to .mp4 cos I couldn't see what point I was at in the video when I was talking, hopefully it'll work now.

Have you tried recording the commentary in movie maker and then taking your audio file and matching it to the vid in vegas?

No but, that would make better sense! I've already rendered to .mp4 so I'll use this next time cheers.

It's a bloody 11 minute dom match. I'll have to see if I'll put a song in at the end, I'm running out of things to say way too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

No but, that would make better sense! I've already rendered to .mp4 so I'll use this next time cheers.

It's a bloody 11 minute dom match. I'll have to see if I'll put a song in at the end, I'm running out of things to say way too early.

You can always kiss my ass for a few minutes lee, i dont mind :D

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    You can always kiss my ass for a few minutes lee, i dont mind :D

That took up 1 minute I'll tell you right now :p

I talk way too fast. I'm done in under 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I finish way too fast. I'm done in under 5 minutes

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The last few pages are just another reason why I hate football.

It's only a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

The last few pages are just another reason why I hate football.

It's only a game.

Why because people are passionate about something they love?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

On a lighter note, Luis Suarez to start in goal for liverpool tomorrow.:p

• Advertisement

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Why because people are passionate about something they love?

Hey dont get me wrong, I'm passionate about things but I'd never get into a heated debate over a game of something. I played sports competitively for years and have never resorted to handbags.

You can be passionate about something you enjoy and also be civil ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Hey dont get me wrong, I'm passionate about things but I'd never get into a heated debate over a game of something. I played sports competitively for years and have never resorted to handbags.

Exactly, although i probably swong the biggest handbag. Part of what makes football such a great sport is the banter, everyone has to take a slagging sometimes. Being a leeds fan isnt easy :D The amount of stick i've gotten over the last years is ridiculous, mostly from man u fans ! I never take it personal because well... its just football and its never anything malicious. Beating the the scumbags (Friendly name calling :D) was class, boy did i give out some slagging for a few weeks after that !!

It's over. Start fresh now :p

Lakes. Alot of the time I say things on Boards / over mic that can be taken up the wrong way

It's over. Start fresh now :p

Lakes. Alot of the time I say things on Boards / over mic that can be taken up the wrong way

Same here man!

IT class. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can buy flights online? Jayus I never knew that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Has anyone ever looked at the "trending" videos section on youtube? Sometimes I do, an other times, well, whats the point. One I seen there a few mins ago, so I had to look at it.. An I've never lol'd so much in my life.

0:28-0:30 FECKING LOLZ!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Sorry it was actually in the "Spotlight" Section on youtube. Not the trending. Photography is in the spotlight.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Magill, I'll post a response via PM i or in the PS3 thread f your bothered. Best to keep out the COD related stuff I think. Re: Clan tag. 3 letters, all the same. Fairly obvious as to what it is.

You really cannot in football, and I have tried for the most part.

I like to talk football from every aspect and as arrogant as this sounds, I'm a purist. I'm certainly far and away the opposite from the typical Sky Gen, gutter press reading, unable to form an unbiased opinion, vermin type fan which most are these days including many Liverpool fans. I can appreciate other teams greatness and give credit due when credit is due, yes including United before anyone asks.

Every now and again, I'll flip the lid with the Sky gen fans but that's because they are driven by media spin and are uneducated on football. Hence why I seldom post in the boards soccer forum. For every 1 or 2 great posters there, there are 100 morons at least. I'd swear most of them use football video games like Football Manager and Fantasy Football as reference to who they know players and claim they are awesome.

I'm very much the same with golf and previous rugby and cricket. But my interest since school has waned big time on those latter two sports. I think it was your goodself that played for Clontarf wasn't it? Thankfully, you can actually discuss aspects of the game with fans to a very good level. Football is a cesspit of idiots from the higher ups down(FIFA) to the fans where logical debate flies over peoples head.

If anything, I'm too bloody honest for my own good if I've learned anything over the years :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I still love all you guys...

Football or not

You really cannot in football, and I have tried for the most part.

I don't get this, why is soccer any different to any other sport with big turn outs? You never see the likes of hooliganism in NFL or MLB. I don't know an awful lot about soccer but I do understand there is rivalry. Why? I have no idea. To me, it's idiotic to bash (verbally and physically) about who you follow.

I'm very much the same with golf and previous rugby and cricket. But my interest since school has waned big time on those latter two sports. I think it was your goodself that played for Clontarf wasn't it? Thankfully, you can actually discuss aspects of the game with fans to a very good level.

It was yea.

I don't get this, why is soccer any different to any other sport with big turn outs? You never see the likes of hooliganism in NFL or MLB. I don't know an awful lot about soccer but I do understand there is rivalry. Why? I have no idea. To me, it's idiotic to bash (verbally and physically) about who you follow.

It was yea.

It's hard to explain tbh and I could get very philosophical if I wish to but I'll try not :D

Football has always attracted this sort of crowd, it's always been the common working mans game(though the money aspect is like a cancer on the game at the highest level now) so thus can attract the lowest common denominator of society. Most people can play a bit of football(I'm not calling it soccer :p) if they wish. They might be crap but they can still play it in most countries.

Part of it is to with identity too. As I said, it's almost a religion, an army or a family even for myself and it's part of me and always will be as feckin corny as that sounds. I'm sure Spratt will say the same about Wolves, Magill with Leeds, Muse with Arsenal and Lee with Chinatown. It's good to feel part of a crowd of how many 1000's that sing of the same hymn sheet. Not all the time of course. There will be always a difference of opinion at times. But I'm sure you've heard 'You'll Never Walk Alone', singing that live in Anfield(Liverpool's ground) is so serene as it's powerful. I'm sure you can remember the World Cup 2002 in South Korea and Japan. The ROI stood still and united for those two magical weeks. Most people be it non-football or football loving were caught up in the emotion of it all. Likewise World Cup 90 and 94.

Some people take it to the extreme and use football as an excuse and a reason to fight. Unfortunately this mindset for some will never change. Emotions will always run high with certain clubs, countries and fans colliding.

I'm not sure if I gave you the answer you were looking for but some of the reasoning for this pack mentality to possible hooliganism stems from points I made.

• Advertisement

It's hard to explain tbh and I could get very philosophical if I wish to but I'll try not :D

Football has always attracted this sort of crowd, it's always been the common working mans game(though the money aspect is like a cancer on the game at the highest level now) so thus can attract the lowest common denominator of society. Most people can play a bit of football(I'm not calling it soccer :p) if they wish. They might be crap but they can still play it in most countries.

Part of it is to with identity too. As I said, it's almost a religion, an army or a family even for myself and it's part of me and always will be as feckin corny as that sounds. I'm sure Spratt will say the same about Wolves, Magill with Leeds, Muse with Arsenal and Lee with Chinatown. It's good to feel part of a crowd of how many 1000's that sing of the same hymn sheet. Not all the time of course. There will be always a difference of opinion at times. But I'm sure you've heard 'You'll Never Walk Alone', singing that live in Anfield(Liverpool's ground) is so serene as it's powerful. I'm sure you can remember the World Cup 2002 in South Korea and Japan. The ROI stood still and united for those two magical weeks. Most people be it non-football or football loving were caught up in the emotion of it all. Likewise World Cup 90 and 94.

Some people take it to the extreme and use football as an excuse and a reason to fight. Unfortunately this mindset for some will never change. Emotions will always run high with certain clubs, countries and fans colliding.

I'm not sure if I gave you the answer you were looking for but some of the reasoning for this pack mentality to possible hooliganism stems from points I made.

But it is soccer :)

Ah look, I wont go on any further with this. I guess it's just something I'm destined never to get my head around.

Soccer is silly and the money those poncy divers players are paid is even stupider.

Oh yes. . . Memories

4pJEn.jpg

:D

Ade - Chinatown? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Oh yes. . . Memories

4pJEn.jpg

I have to start doing that when I play split screen with my brother. Bloody screenwatcher xD

But it is soccer :)

Ah look, I wont go on any further with this. I guess it's just something I'm destined never to get my head around.

Soccer is silly and the money those poncy divers players are paid is even stupider.

Well I'm just commenting on the hooliganism aspect mainly and just trying to provide some insight as to why some resort to that sort of thing without justifying it.

Though I guess my point could extend to the general sense of the sport too but that wasn't my intention. I figured there was little to no point going into huge detail as to why football does get big numbers tbh honestly man, I'd be wasting my time unfortunately. Correct me if I'm wrong but like most people who dislike football, your mind was made up before asking the question so there there's little to no point discussing anything.

Oh and yes. I agree football has many deep routed problems. I for one would never deny that :) I look at all aspects and see the positives and negatives in everything I do and the negatives have had me disillusioned a good few times.

Kersmash wrote: »
    I have to start doing that when I play split screen with my brother. Bloody screenwatcher xD

It's actually not too bad if you can keep the cover taut.

Beats screenwatching anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'd swear most of them use football video games like Football Manager and Fantasy Football as reference to who they know players and claim they are awesome.

Hey woah ,woah,woah,lets not bash Football Manager,its like the greatest game ever!!

Ade - Chinatown? :pac:

Spur of the moment and all that :pac:

Well I'm just commenting on the hooliganism aspect mainly and just trying to provide some insight as to why some resort to that sort of thing without justifying it.

Though I guess my point could extend to the general sense of the sport too but that wasn't my intention. I figured there was little to no point going into huge detail as to why football does get big numbers tbh honestly man, I'd be wasting my time unfortunately. Correct me if I'm wrong but like most people who dislike football, your mind was made up before asking the question so there there's little to no point discussing anything.

Oh and yes. I agree football has many deep routed problems. I for one would never deny that :) I look at all aspects and see the positives and negatives in everything I do and the negatives have had me disillusioned a good few times.

I dislike soccer and just about everything that is associated with it and having said that, I was only asking why there is so much handbags in football yet little to none in other sports.... You just don't see people rushing the field in Baseball to beat up the opposing team so I don't see why it's so widely accepted in soccer.

Anyways, this is like a ferris wheel - going nowhere.

You like soccer, I dont.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Torres is a wankstain. /debate.

Hope Chelsea are relegated, dirty rotten bastards. They are one of the scummiest group of fans in the world.......

Well them and their blue brothers north of the border.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement