Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Headshot wrote: »
    And here's me thinking Killzone will bring me back to multi-player fun, not keen on it so far anyway.

Give it some time.

PKA tonight ? I'm not going to wait up but look forward to hearing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads

Im curious, can anyone tell me how much this laptop would get

Dell XPS M1530
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Intel core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40Ghz
    memory= 4096mb
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256mb
    300GB hard drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bad graphics card in it

What are you hoping to get for it?

Tallon wrote: »
    Bad graphics card in it

What are you hoping to get for it?

Im not sure man, im just curious to see how much it would make

Its a fabulous running laptop, runs like a dream tbh. Also has latest Microsoft word on it too

Forgot to say it also has a new battery and 15" screen

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

And here's me thinking Killzone will bring me back to multi-player fun, not keen on it so far anyway.

I wasn't liking it but I figure the fact everyone from what I could see was using assault rifles on me played it's part. I tried the shotgun after you left. It's nearly in the MW2 spas category. The Broken Dam(or whatever it's called), I really liked. The other one with the big hill with us always starting from the bottom was bloody annoying. That will be a K/D whore heaven map.

What I didn't like was how confusing everything was from menu to game modes, to buying stuff and a few other things.

I doubt I'll buy it. But next week I'll give it a proper go after Double XP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I wasn't liking it but I figure the fact everyone from what I could see was using assault rifles on me played it's part. I tried the shotgun after you left. It's nearly in the MW2 spas category. The Broken Dam(or whatever it's called), I really liked. The other one with the big hill with us always starting from the bottom was bloody annoying. That will be a K/D whore heaven map.

What I didn't like was how confusing everything was from menu to game modes, to buying stuff and a few other things.

I doubt I'll buy it. But next week I'll give it a proper go after Double XP.

Thats the same map. They just blocked off most of it for regular team deathmatch. The classes you use seem to be important, like the tactician class can control the spawn points which went against us on the big game.

Leeg and Remi are you registered on Justin.TV?

Bit dull this weeks episode of PKA or maybe I'm just tired. Good chat with Tal though :)

I enjoyed it, I like to waffle and I like to listen :p

Apparently, theres no more podast after this, they'll only be live streaming...

Looks like there's an opening for a podcast :pac:

Cheers for the banter Ade

WHO'S THAT CHICK ?

Who's that chick?

• Advertisement

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhNys37u3uazREjw1l

Boy got game and a whole lot of something else for his efforts too I bet :D

haha. That was brilliant. He's gonna get some punani no doubt !

I was just watching a dance off with Shaq

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

For a big man he sure got some moves.

Look at the camera man around the 0:45 mark. Looks like a dwarf beside them !

Lads, kilzone 3 Beta is so fúcing good :)

Also, check out this when you get a chance

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70463087&postcount=107
    :(

Damn. Do you have a link for zshare?

Gimme a few mins and I'll put up the Mp3 too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went mental with excitement for KZ2 but when I got it I hated it. Not saying it's a bad game I just couldn't get into it. Does KZ3 feel like you're walking around with a bag of cement on your head?
    I better not get tricked into buying KZ3 by those sneaky marketing gimmicks again

Yeah, this one feels 'heavy' too, but it's a differnt pace of game, so it works.

If I want fast, responsiveness, I'll play blops or MW2

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I went mental with excitement for KZ2 but when I got it I hated it. Not saying it's a bad game I just couldn't get into it. Does KZ3 feel like you're walking around with a bag of cement on your head?
    I better not get tricked into buying KZ3 by those sneaky marketing gimmicks again

I posted this on my footy forum that I use. Not massively detailed but gives an alright outline as to what to expect.
    So yeah I played the KZ3 beta for a good couple of hours last night. Think I've mentioned it before but I'm not really into futuristic shooters EXCEPT for a few exceptions and tbf I was very disappointed with KZ2 but I went into this with an open mind nonetheless. Suffice to say it was a mixed bag gameplay wise. A lot of people had ranked up a lot(unlocking some lethal guns and other stuff)and I my K/D was a mix of everything. From the pitiful to beasting it at times namely with the shotty.

Gameplay wise it felt much more smoother than KZ2, the predecessor was rather robotic, clunky and unresponsive even with sensitivity turned up. The graphics are still perfect. The map we played I really liked in TDM. It's runs along the lines of Wager Match in BOPS where the map is cut by around half it's size. The smaller version was excellent. The bigger version in a game objective type(it was a mix of various game types) was annoying as we kept spawning at the bottom off the map(harbour).

The sound is beautiful. A proper battlefield atmosphere with very crisp sounding movement, explosions and gun fire. A far cry from the travesty of BOPs, that sound wise is crap though it bothers others more than me tbf.

Graphics. No point going into that. Anybody who criticise the graphics is trollin.

The melee attacks and shotgun! <3

What I didn't like? Well I thought the layout was rather confusing and the control scheme at least the one I used(alternate) was still quite off putting. Perhaps that's a cheap thing to give about as I'm too used to my comfort zone which is COD. The menus and game types had me confused too and.

Not sure if I'm going to buy this when it's released. Namely due to Crysis 2 being the one I want and one I can see myself putting a good few hours + plus the fact I want to actually get some work down what with it being my final semester goes without saying. Maybe in the summer I will pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, this one feels 'heavy' too, but it's a differnt pace of game, so it works.

If I want fast, responsiveness, I'll play blops or MW2

Takes getting used to, you cant drop someone in a few shots and the movement is clunkier than COD, but its got a good weight to it, the graphics are amazing for a MP game as well, the snowstorm effect is savage, only thing I dont like is no killcams, they should be standard in all FPS games. you learn what you did wrong by watching them

Might go to tip for the night :)

Might go to tip for the night :)

Tipperary ?

Trust me you dont want to...

Yeah, tis grand, my mam, brother and sister live there.

And my other sister is going down, so it will be a good bitta crack

Yeah, tis grand, my mam, brother and sister live there.

And my other sister is going down, so it will be a good bitta crack

do they

I better not say bad stuff about tipp then :pac:

Why not? It's a shít hole... Im not from there, my rents just live there now

Why not? It's a shít hole... Im not from there, my rents just live there now

Brilliant I thought I walked into it there :pac:

Yes its the biggest pile of a ****e town Iv ever had the misfortune of working in and living near

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Brilliant I thought I walked into it there :pac:

Yes its the biggest pile of a ****e town Iv ever had the misfortune of working in and living near

Theres something in water there alright. and this is coming from someone from Limerick :pac:

29-2 in KZ3 :)

• Advertisement

Looks like you're Beta than me at it...

See what I did ther ?

Did ya?

/coat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement