Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat!

Junk yard dog , jesus all the names are coming back to me now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Shammy wrote: »

Razor Ramone, The Honky Tonk (man/kid) can't remember... Rik Flair, British Bulldog, Bret + Owen Hart, Goldust, China, The Fabulous Mulah or what ever way ya spelt her name, jaysus I'm remembering loads of them...

Ken Shamrock, The Million Dollar Man

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Shammy wrote: »

Ha ha - One of my favs was also - the Big Boss Man..

Google how many of the blokes are dead now.. Scary stuff!

One of the later class guys is "Goldberg"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Strange thing about that sport is look at how many of them are dead

everlast you got there before me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I took this at Wrestlemania 23, was fcuking deafening, what an experience:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1tn83_wrestlemania-23-opening-pyros_sport

The Rock though, best on the mic ever, no question, must be an incredible feeling to have a crowd of 10,000 or so people in the palm of your hand like that, making them chant by just stopping mid sentence or looking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Ceder12

krudler wrote: »
    I like that i can time when laynig FFA will always result in boosters, between school finishing and dinner time :pac:

but this thread isnt for that :D

even funnier time is when your playing Search and Destroy, and two people left, you and an enemy and u planted the Bomb, then the Enemy kill's you and starts taggin ( i wont say the full word) and does some spins, then try's to defuse the bomb but fails and the bomb blows up and he dies.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

www.twentymajor.net

Check it out...

everlast75 wrote: »
    In fairness, Mick Foley to me is a close second... legend - especially when you realise some of the stunts nearly killed him and despite promising his wife he wouldn't do a "off the top of the cage" stunt again, he did! Without a doubt, one of the most loved wrestlers and genuine all round good guy.

Wrestling will never be the same with out the old Wrestlers such as TheRock, StoneCold.. Etc.. the good ones.. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ah back in the good old days when wrestling was amazing and a WWF/WWE game was a must purchase every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Some of my favourite bits

Goldberg's first enterance

Undertaker comes back

Watching this on a Saturday morning at a sleepover in my friends, musta been around 12, oh my god :D

• Advertisement

my favourite Wrestlemania entrance ever, when Austins music hits and the glass shatters you can literally hear the air get sucked out of that arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I remember that eating my brekfast with my dad on Sky1

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Some of my favourite bits

Goldberg's first enterance

Undertaker comes back

Watching this on a Saturday morning at a sleepover in my friends, musta been around 12, oh my god :D

Yeah.. i was watching Brock V Big Show aswel.. some match.. couldn't be-leave it!!! still cant!! :L

Ceder12 wrote: »
    Yeah.. i was watching Brock V Big Show aswel.. some match.. couldn't be-leave it!!! still cant!! :L

It was rigged to happen that way,you can see the clamps holding the ring collapse when they hit it, still a class moment though. marked out like a 4 year old seeing that for the first time :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Austin will be on screen in the near future . He is working on WWE Tough Enough and I'm sure he'll be making an appearance if not many more.

Re: Foley, I could post memorable clips all day. This is one my favourite -

Nobody could sell a promo better than him and many call this as one of the very best promos in WWF/E history.

iMuse wrote: »
    Ah back in the good old days when wrestling was amazing and a WWF/WWE game was a must purchase every year.

wwe-no-mercy-nintendo-64.jpg
    Best. Wrestling. Game. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

iMuse wrote: »

I still have my old WWF games sitting beside me :P few others should be lying around somewhere :)

148190.jpg

wwe-no-mercy-nintendo-64.jpg
    Best. Wrestling. Game. Ever.

damn right it was, I still have it. its still going too theres mods for new wrestlers in it. Smackdown V Raw doesnt hold a candle to it.

Close second is this :D

wrestlefest.jpg

wwf_wrestlefest2.jpg

"Hawk! DDT!"
    "Jake, off the top rope!"
    "Hulk! makes the tag!"

ahhhhh yeah, the amount of 20p pieces spent on that bad boy over the summers as a kid, good fcuking times :D

Anyone used to practice wrestling moves on each other as kids? we had a makeshift ring made up of a matress, stolen washing line from my mam for the ropes and chairs in each corner for the turnbuckles :D man I miss being a kid, where a day spent trying to DDT each other was time well spent :D

Anyone used to practice wrestling moves on each other as kids? we had a makeshift ring made up of a matress, stolen washing line from my mam for the ropes and chairs in each corner for the turnbuckles :D man I miss being a kid, where a day spent trying to DDT each other was time well spent :D

Oh man the memories. :D

I used to do the F5 on my two mates (one a skinny lad, one a heavy one) on their 12ft trampoline. I felt so much like Broke Lesnar after it that I'd even do the thing where he cracks his neck after doing it :pac:

Oh and the odd Stone Cold Stunner in there too, smashing cans of coke after it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Haha I remember that our class at primary school was so into wrestling that we had a Royal rumble and everyone had to pick a wrestler.

Havent played the n64 WWF game but ive heard its the best.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Oh man the memories. :D

I used to do the F5 on my two mates (one a skinny lad, one a heavy one) on their 12ft trampoline. I felt so much like Broke Lesnar after it that I'd even do the thing where he cracks his neck after doing it :pac:

Oh and the odd Stone Cold Stunner in there too, smashing cans of coke after it lol.

Pffffft you young 'uns, if you hadnt made makeshift Legion of Doom shoulder pads out of cereal boxes and tinfoil spikes or painted your face with your mams lipstick to look like the Ultimate Warrior you've never lived :pac:

oh and the toys, loved the old ones with one move:

hasbrowwf.jpg

ah all this misty eyed nostalgia, the kids who didnt have sky being regailed of tales about how Shawn Michaels threw Marty Jannetty through the barbershop window and how Earthquake squished Damian in the schoolyard on a monday morning, sniff.

damn right it was, I still have it. its still going too theres mods for new wrestlers in it. Smackdown V Raw doesnt hold a candle to it.

Close second is this :D

wrestlefest.jpg

wwf_wrestlefest2.jpg

"Hawk! DDT!"
    "Jake, off the top rope!"
    "Hulk! makes the tag!"

ahhhhh yeah, the amount of 20p pieces spent on that bad boy over the summers as a kid, good fcuking times :D

I have very vague memories of Wrestlefest. Think I played it in the arcades back in the day in Canada, not entirely sure. This was the first wrestling game I remember buying..

3939725619_b589bc9554.jpg

Great craic.

All the fcuking time with my brother. My brother broke the bed by trying a moonsault off the window sill, I just got out of the way of it. Honest to god. The bed was like trying to sleep on a slide, bloody awkward as you can imagine. Lucky he didn't break his back nor mine!

Best were the days in 6th class(98/99) when it it was cool to be into wrestling. I bought a plastic WHC belt from Tesco for 20 squid. Brought it school, it soon became our Hardcore title :D You probably remember the gas that was that Hardcore title when it was defended 24/7 in WWF, well ours with the same within school hours. My god the the fun we had. Remember me and my mate actually giving some guy we knew the 3D, suicide diving over a 5ft hedge and Hell in the Cell matches in the tennis courts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

that is all.

Balfie wrote: »
    COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

that is all.

did they play leg 1 or w/e if so what's the aggregate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

No the first leg is just starting now

All the fcuking time with my brother. My brother broke the bed by trying a moonsault off the window sill, I just got out of the way of it. Honest to god. The bed was like trying to sleep on a slide, bloody awkward as you can imagine. Lucky he didn't break his back nor mine!

Best were the days in 6th class(98/99) when it it was cool to be into wrestling. I bought a plastic WHC belt from Tesco for 20 squid. Brought it school, it soon became our Hardcore title :D You probably remember the gas that was that Hardcore title when it was defended 24/7 in WWF, well ours with the same within school hours. My god the the fun we had. Remember me and my mate actually giving some guy we knew the 3D, suicide diving over a 5ft hedge and Hell in the Cell matches in the tennis courts :D

I have two wrestling replica belts, the WWF Attitude one:

wwe-attitude-era-adult-championship-replica-belt_320630858525.jpg

and the WWE championship one, it weighs a ton:

wwe-undisputed-championship-version-2-title-belt_180609011209.jpg

friend of mine has about 10 of them, future investment lol theyre worth a small fortune.

I had the WHC one but sold it, kinda sorry I did now but needed the monies at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Power bombing friends through aeroboard 'tables' was a favourite along with rock bottoms. Oh the pain we went through. Was almost broken in half from a spear from my friend who was built like a brick wall. Another friend popped his shoulder when we gave the brick wall friend a double suplex and he landed on him.:D

Wrestling may be fake but it wasn't when we done it.:p

Oh and swanton bombs+10 foot walls=Near death experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Broke a mates hand wrestling :o He was in national school, as was I, so no biggie........kinda :D

• Advertisement

...ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement