Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heading on now for the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

PKA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Tallon wrote: »
    PKA?

Been listening... kyle and woody really showed their true colours imo... Last few shows woodys lost a lot of respect from me tbh, he was a proper **** to hutch.. both of them came across as greedy money hungry arseholes.

And his laugh is fvcking anoying as sh!t....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i'm at a house party and everyone is passed out. I'm hearing all this stuff on twitter about pka. I kinda don't want to listen to it, cos it'll ruin my image of woody, but i gotta know the truth lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

PKA ? Should be interesting . .

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Been listening... kyle and woody really showed their true colours imo... Last few shows woodys lost a lot of respect from me tbh, he was a proper **** to hutch.. both of them came across as greedy money hungry arseholes.

And his laugh is fvcking anoying as sh!t....

Kyle was quiet and I thought Woody was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I might have a listen on utube later an see what all the fuss is about..

I don't listen to it live anymore.. Haven't for a good while now to be honest..

Just got it on iTunes this morn.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Kyle was quiet and I thought Woody was reasonable.

what part ? Im talking about when freddiew left and they were basically telling hutch he can't have an opinion and how to do his job. It was very much the PKAxjawz vs hutchfwizz show.

what part ? Im talking about when freddiew left and they were basically telling hutch he can't have an opinion and how to do his job. It was very much the PKAxjawz vs hutchfwizz show.

Didn't come across as bad as that to me. They were saying that maybe hutch shouldn't call out the commentators on twitter or youtube as he works with machinima.

They weren't basically telling him he couldn't have an opinion imo, just that he shouldn't really be calling the likes of xJaws or whiteboy as he really is the frontman of the substantial company Machinima.

What I got from it was that they just wanted him to be more discrete about the whole thing, maybe contact xJaws and whiteboy privately before broadcasting it to all him fanboys. I think Woody and Kyle just wanted Hutch to be a little more professional.

It really did seem like a PKA vs Hutch podcast though since he came on.

I for one thought the give aways were an extremely cheap tatic to get the most favorited spot.

• Advertisement

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Didn't come across as bad as that to me. They were saying that maybe hutch shouldn't call out the commentators on twitter or youtube as he works with machinima.

They weren't basically telling him he couldn't have an opinion imo, just that he shouldn't really be calling the likes of xJaws or whiteboy as he really is the frontman of the substantial company Machinima.

What I got from it was that they just wanted him to be more discrete about the whole thing, maybe contact xJaws and whiteboy privately before broadcasting it to all him fanboys. I think Woody and Kyle just wanted Hutch to be a little more professional.

It really did seem like a PKA vs Hutch podcast though since he came on.

I for one thought the give aways were an extremely cheap tatic to get the most favorited spot.

He did tho, pretty sure he tried to talk to whiteboy and get him on skype but in return just got a bunch of tweets saying how jealous he was and that his time to shine was over. He did talk to xjawz aswel, pretty sure he mentioned that on the podcast. They shouldnt need hutch to hold their hands, 90% of the community was against what they were doing and the both of them just took the piss out of everyone (Im talking about the commentating community, not subs).

It was also very hypocritical of them telling hutch to be professional while at the same time calling out machinima in public.

I think everyone with a brain agrees that it was extremely cheap, i know smallbeans was pissed off something serious because he'd released "glint 2" which probably took months to record for and alot of hours to edit only for it to be knocked off the top favorited slot by one of whiteboys $20 PSN cards.

Another thing, if you look in the description of whiteboys giveaway vids, its only people in the US that can win, yet he doesnt mention it in his videos.

I've never liked Whiteboy. When he was new enough and he was on PKA ages ago, i immediatly disliked him. He's a twat.

I was subbed to xJaws for a good while, till i realised he just churns out ****ty live commentaries every day and is a spoiled brat. What pushed it over the edge for me is he did a live stream one time and spent a while waving $100 bills in front of the camera :/

Listening to PKA now. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

They can do all the giveaways they like, xJawz has 300K+ subs but his normal videos only get 150K views, No point having all them subs and not watching his videos.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Saw my uncle on the TV in the very front of the crowd at Cheltneham :pac:

i'm just glad everyone spoke the truth on the show

They were still a bit careful not to totally slag each other, but said how they feel

Ill listen to the full Podcast when it's out

@Ade, sorry man, I fell asleep... Didn't even make it to work

Tallon wrote: »
    i'm just glad everyone spoke the truth on the show

They were still a bit careful not to totally slag each other, but said how they feel

Ill listen to the full Podcast when it's out

@Ade, sorry man, I fell asleep... Didn't even make it to work

No worries. I was falling asleep at times throughout it and I left soon after Hutch and then Fwiz left as all I just wanted to hear was their thoughts on the giveaway crap. Managed to listen to post show for a couple of minutes and it was basically Jawz talking about money and him trying to justify the Mercedes he bought :rolleyes:

PKA is a bit boring these days IMO. That was the first episode I've listened to in a couple of months tbh.

Gonna upload this 100th video... Man it's so bad :p

No worries. I was falling asleep at times throughout it and I left soon after Hutch and then Fwiz left as all I just wanted to hear was their thoughts on the giveaway crap. Managed to listen to post show for a couple of minutes and it was basically Jawz talking about money and him trying to justify the Mercedes he bought :rolleyes:

PKA is a bit boring these days IMO. That was the first episode I've listened to in a couple of months tbh.

Yeah the post show was funny. "I wont be happy unless i have a 500k a year job because i dont think i can do without my current livestyle".. even tho hes only a kid... you can tell hes goin to be one of those up their own arse pricks when hes older.

the kind that thinks they own the roads in their mercs :/

• Advertisement

Yeah the post show was funny. "I wont be happy unless i have a 500k a year job because i dont think i can do without my current livestyle".. even tho hes only a kid... you can tell hes goin to be one of those up their own arse pricks when hes older.

He already is one and has been one for awhile now as far as I'am concerned. Woody calling him out about waving $100 notes in front of a live stream says it all.

I stopped listening after he was going on about his business plan(HA!).

He's already scratched his Merc too so I've read. Gob****e.

Me and Muse had a conversation sometime last year about him in this thread I think. My comments back then have been proven to be spot on about him. I just do not get the hype around him. His commentaries are nothing special, his live coms are crap. His gameplay while he does mix it up with guns and gets good scores.. he picks and chooses what lobbies he plays in. Maybe you or someone else here knows but his W/L is, but it's embarrassing from what I can remember. I re-subbed to him through my new channel to see if he has changed much. He clearly hasn't and has got worse.

I had to thank Fwiz on twitter this morning. He was in the lions den fighting off the 4 of them for long durations of that podcast. He eloquently put his points forward. Jawz, you could hear in the tone of his voice how rattled he was.

Videos up :p

Papa Roach ftw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

He already is one and has been one for awhile now as far as I'am concerned. Woody calling him out about waving $100 notes in front of a live stream says it all.

I stopped listening after he was going on about his business plan(HA!).

He's already scratched his Merc too so I've read. Gob****e.

Me and Muse had a conversation sometime last year about him in this thread I think. My comments back then have been proven to be spot on about him. I just do not get the hype around him. His commentaries are nothing special, his live coms are crap. His gameplay while he does mix it up with guns and gets good scores.. he picks and chooses what lobbies he plays in. Maybe you or someone else here knows but his W/L is embarrassing. I re-subbed to him through my new channel to see if he has changed much. He clearly hasn't and has got worse.

I had to thank Fwiz on twitter this morning. He was in the lions den fighting off the 4 of them for long durations of that podcast. He eloquently put his points forward. Jawz, you could hear in the tone of his voice how rattled he was.

Dont like the kid at all , saw his combat record before i unsubbed him , his k/d was 4. something and w/l was 1.04 , he tryed defending his w/l saying it was above average , but i never see him actually playing the objective .
    The semi-pro teams must be laughing their arse's at him , how much does he pay them to have his name on their roster , i think its Fear this year :D

Christ almightly....... http://twitter.com/#!/xJawz :facepalm:

Last nights PKA episode for those who want to listen -

Holy Shít... the ammount of FR's I had when I loggeed in today... WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Lol Tal you have a fan club :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hump-day-24.jpg?w=500&h=1019

"All of the lights" blaring out on an 800W sound system ... . mix it up then with a bit of "thunderstruck" and "I'm on a boat". A mixed bag to say the least, :D . oh , a bit of Imogen heap too, just to settle down :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Lads I want be here on the 12th of April going to the United-Chelsea Match :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement