Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

*cough* scumbag

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

Thats it! I'm gonna start commentating on game plays and get my 500k subscribers and then i'm gonna start doing give aways, start off with 20 euro ps3 moneys and work my way up to a brand new holiday home in Spain and when i finally get to meet zjawz i'm gonna slap him in the face with a brand new xbox and tell him what everyone is thinking, that he looks like Justin Bieber!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You obv listened to PKA then :p

Yeah just a half hour in and i really really don't like Bieber. Hutch is the man and the other lad thats verbally btich slapping him is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

JustPaddy1 wrote: »
    Yeah just a half hour in and i really really don't like Bieber. Hutch is the man and the other lad thats verbally btich slapping him is cool.

In fairness, whatever about what xJawz did, he is a kid. Hutch is a twat, as a representitive of Machinima he should have either shut the fcuk up, or had a conversation one on one with xJawz. xJawz is a bit money hungry, but at least he doesn't lie about it. He wants to make as much as possible as fast as possible which is not really a problem, even how he went about it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for him and whiteboy working their days for front page. If he had just done his own thing, without organising it in such a way that it's either him or whiteboy then I would be perfectly OK with it, I have only slight reservations about how it was done though.

To be honest most of the anger was focused on him, because he is the more confident better looking of the two. Begrudgery and jealousy in huge amounts I would think.

As for Hutch, very very illadvised speaking out against a guy who contracts for the company you are known to work for. If xJawz had said anything specifically bad about hutch or machinima then he would be fcuked. Hutch should not get away with being a douche.

That all said, long live woody, the man is boss when it comes to debates and staying impartial!

• Advertisement

In fairness, whatever about what xJawz did, he is a kid. Hutch is a twat, as a representitive of Machinima he should have either shut the fcuk up, or had a conversation one on one with xJawz. xJawz is a bit money hungry, but at least he doesn't lie about it. He wants to make as much as possible as fast as possible which is not really a problem, even how he went about it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for him and whiteboy working their days for front page. If he had just done his own thing, without organising it in such a way that it's either him or whiteboy then I would be perfectly OK with it, I have only slight reservations about how it was done though.

To be honest most of the anger was focused on him, because he is the more confident better looking of the two. Begrudgery and jealousy in huge amounts I would think.

As for Hutch, very very illadvised speaking out against a guy who contracts for the company you are known to work for. If xJawz had said anything specifically bad about hutch or machinima then he would be fcuked. Hutch should not get away with being a douche.

That all said, long live woody, the man is boss when it comes to debates and staying impartial!

Yeah but he knew what he was doing was a cheap way to get veiw, favs etc. and thats the main thing that annoys me and the fact that if no one had stepped in and said something it would of escalated and the person with the most money would have won.

Woody is a legend. I'm relatively new to the whole commentating on game plays but i think what he was doing was cheap.

My favorite commentator so far is ONLYUSEmeBlade, he seams like a genuine bloke and doesn't seam to be doing it for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm a huge fan of woody, but if you think he was being impartial in that debate I dunno what drugs you're on. He came across as a twat.

Which ones woody. I can tell xjawz & hutch by their voice but thats it.

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of woody, but if you think he was being impartial in that debate I dunno what drugs you're on. He came across as a twat.

Impartial may have been too strong, I just think he was extremely fair to both sides, and made his own place on it clear. fwiz sounded like an assh0le. Speaking louder and more does not make ones point stronger, and fwiz just couldn't STFU and listen for a minute.

I just find it unfair that xJawz was the one with the majority of the hate and parody vid's levelled at him, given whiteboy did the same thing, in fact, did it before xJawz. I mean, his begging for likes and ratings isn't very becoming of him, but at the same time, it is his livelyhood. I think the point raised that it's business and he was just advertising his better was a very fair point. If McDonalds offers free give aways and advertises more than burger king, they will do better. Same kinda deal. In the end it cost the people who entered nothing. Sure it pushed other commentaters down, but that's the nature of the beast.
    JustPaddy1 wrote: »
    Which ones woody. I can tell xjawz & hutch by their voice but thats it.

Woody is the guy with the very calm voice. Almost soothing :pac:

I just find it unfair that xJawz was the one with the majority of the hate and parody vid's levelled at him, given whiteboy did the same thing, in fact, did it before xJawz. I mean, his begging for likes and ratings isn't very becoming of him, but at the same time, it is his livelyhood. I think the point raised that it's business and he was just advertising his better was a very fair point. If McDonalds offers free give aways and advertises more than burger king, they will do better. Same kinda deal. In the end it cost the people who entered nothing. Sure it pushed other commentaters down, but that's the nature of the beast.

I have so much more respect for Jawz than Whiteboy. He responded to the criticism in an adult manner and while I really dont like him, i respect him for doing that. Whiteboy on the other hand is still just a twat.

• Advertisement

I have so much more respect for Jawz than Whiteboy. He responded to the criticism in an adult manner and while I really dont like him, i respect him for doing that. Whiteboy on the other hand is still just a twat.

But I think that's why xJawz got more of the hate. Because rather than just being a twat, whiteboy seems just a little bit not all there.

I think xJawz tried to justify what he was doing just a bit too much though. He should have probably stuck with, yeah, I ran a giveaway but people generally know I get paid. (as most of us who watch video's regularily know. Those who don't know really don't care either do they though. He overdid it on the explanation I think. I mean, I wouldn't have put up with that amount of sh1t without telling someone to go fcuk themselves. So yeah, really mature responses though you could get he was getting a bit upset.

Also, fcuk hutch, he came across as much a cnut as fwiz in that podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not gonna lie mindazzler... sounds like you were favoriting the **** out of xjawz vids !!!!

Honestly i dont see how you can be on that side of the fence, what the 2 did was pathetic. How you think hutch was a twat is beyond me, his biggest problem with it was that it reduced the quality of content massively and he was hardly forceful with his points. If these 2 didnt stop doing it do you not think almost every other commentator would start it ? Imagine how **** it would be if every youtube video you watched started off with a 30 sec ad, followed by 4 minutes of some d!ckhead talking crap about a $20 psn card.... and the entire comment section filled with "Minidazzler - PSN CARD... PLEAAzzzEEE Xjawz... !" and once you get past all this you're presented with some weak ass tomahawk kill while they remind you about the giveaway.

Some of the videos that were knocked off the top favorited spot were awesome and deserved every single extra view.

And whiteboy got FARRRRR more hate than xjawz, he just never made a video crying about it.

Fwiz was a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I fell asleep and only heard the part about FPSRussia going to his house to stalk someone or something?

Magill wrote: »
    Not gonna lie mindazzler... sounds like you were favoriting the **** out of xjawz vids !!!!

Honestly i dont see how you can be on that side of the fence, what the 2 did was pathetic. How you think hutch was a twat is beyond me, his biggest problem with it was that it reduced the quality of content massively and he was hardly forceful with his points. If these 2 didnt stop doing it do you not think almost every other commentator would start it ? Imagine how **** it would be if every youtube video you watched started off with a 30 sec ad, followed by 4 minutes of some d!ckhead talking crap about a $20 psn card.... and the entire comment section filled with "Minidazzler - PSN CARD... PLEAAzzzEEE Xjawz... !" and once you get past all this you're presented with some weak ass tomahawk kill while they remind you about the giveaway.

Some of the videos that were knocked off the top favorited spot were awesome and deserved every single extra view.

And whiteboy got FARRRRR more hate than xjawz, he just never made a video crying about it.

Fwiz was a beast.

Will admit I was, but asking for a PS3 cos I don't have one :pac:

The reason I think hutch is a twat is because he called out on of the directors from the company he works for, extremely unprofessional, and you can guarantee there would be major issues if the roles were reversed with xJawz calling out Hutch or Machinima.

I accept your point that every person with a PVR would do giveaways after a small amount of time, and I will admit I was a bit put off when xJawz started talking about getting another $6000 worth of stuff after this giveaway. If he was gonna only be giveaways, I can't say I would like that. I generally watch vids for gameplay tips and in woodys case, to hear good anecdotes.

I'll agree too that the real life stop motion MW2 video was awesome and was knocked off by xJawz I think.

I didn't see nearly as much hate from the commentators I watch of Whiteboy, I mean, even elpresador made a couple of video's bitching about xJawz and directly taking the piss out of him.

But I digress, this is gonna end up like every other internet arguement in the past, in 2 weeks it will be forgotten about except by those who like to hold grudges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

If i get 10 k views , 5k likes on my next vid i'll give away 5 games for the 5 top rated comments on the vid :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

In fairness, I posted a prize I wanted in a xJawz vid.

A.....
    jam doughnut with icing

I agree that Hutch was unprofessional about the situation and I'm sure he has been told off for doing so. But it was gonna take a Hutch or Seananners to speak up or say something for the reins to be pulled back on this giveaway malark.

As for xJawz being honest about it all. Nope. He flatly denied money was his main driving point with anything regarding Youtube. He's nothing but a hypocrite.

His comments along the lines of Youtube needing a gaming slot on the frontpage while true is comical. Like he truly gives a damn. As Hutch said, he(xJawz) should have rounded up all the mainstream gamers on youtube and tackled it head on. Nothing but a cheap excuse to hide the fact he couldn't give a rat's ass and it's was all about the money. Anybody who needs to waves money, be it 10, 100, 500 or more is usually a twat.

While many people here hate Wings, he's the only one from the beginning who said that Youtube was a business. I don't agree with all of his opinions but I have far more respect for him compared the giveaway jokers who have changed their tune a hell of a lot.

Whiteboy is in a completely different league to xJawz however. But both are self obsessed kids who got lucky.

Fwiz, while extremely vocal and not necessarily in a good way at times I felt he had no other choice to be that way. He was up against 4 people(4 massive Youtube titans if I can use the word.. at least compared to himself and their legions upon legions of fanboys) pretty much for long spells of that and his points were more than valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

What exactly did hutch do to call xjawz out tho ? I know he liked a video and had some tweeter convos with xjawz and whiteboy but i mean he didnt make a video or anything... there really wouldnt be major issues if it was reversed.. (Unless im missing something huge that some people seem to have seen.)

I like hutch because hes one of the few guys on youtube that is outspoken and honest, hes not always right but most of the time i agree with what he says. Im more inclinded to forgive whiteboy over xjawz tho, just because i sort of feel sorry for the guy... (Hes lost both his parents, his mom died over a year ago i think). The only thing hes got going for him is youtube, so hopefully he doesnt **** that up... i actually enjoy alot of his videos aswel, at least before this giveaway crap.

Funny enough wings is the only one that i actually like after that PKA episode.

Did Hutch take down his twitter !? :(
    What exactly did hutch do to call xjawz out tho ? I know he liked a video and had some tweeter convos with xjawz and whiteboy but i mean he didnt make a video or anything... there really wouldnt be major issues if it was reversed.. (Unless im missing something huge that some people seem to have seen.)

I like hutch because hes one of the few guys on youtube that is outspoken and honest, hes not always right but most of the time i agree with what he says. Im more inclinded to forgive whiteboy over xjawz tho, just because i sort of feel sorry for the guy... (Hes lost both his parents, his mom died over a year ago i think). The only thing hes got going for him is youtube, so hopefully he doesnt **** that up... i actually enjoy alot of his videos aswel, at least before this giveaway crap.

Funny enough wings is the only one that i actually like after that PKA episode.

Word for word I cannot remember tbh. It was all on Twitter though and he did mention xJawz and whiteboy specifically. He didn't insult them using slang I'm fairly sure.

Sorry for whiteboy. But from an entirely Youtube perspective. I cannot stand him, his commentaries, his humour, his giveaways and so on. Just like xJawz. I just have never warmed to them.

Kyle came across has a right prick on PKA, Woody to a far lesser extent as well. He was leaning towards one side no doubt about that.

Im more inclinded to forgive whiteboy over xjawz tho, just because i sort of feel sorry for the guy... (Hes lost both his parents, his mom died over a year ago i think). The only thing hes got going for him is youtube, so hopefully he doesnt **** that up... i actually enjoy alot of his videos aswel, at least before this giveaway crap.

Don't give a ****, thats no excuse for it.

Did Hutch take down his twitter !? :(

Yup, he just uses his Facebook very occasionally these days :/

• Advertisement

Yup, he just uses his Facebook very occasionally these days :/

Must be in the last 24 hours or so he has done that? Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I was reading his tweets yesterday, if not then the day before.

On another note, am I wrong in my opinion that GTA IV was structurally sound ie: *graphics and game physics* ? :/

Any chance everyone can Fav, like and rate my latest video?

I'll give you all free T-Shirts....

Must be in the last 24 hours or so he has done that? Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I was reading his tweets yesterday, if not then the day before.

Yeah it was only a day or 2 ago he closed it indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Tal whats the teeshirt website again?

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

Finally knocked that Metroid Prime Video off the top slot when you search for Tallon on YT :)

And i'm featured :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Tallon wrote: »
    Any chance everyone can Fav, like and rate my latest video?

I'll give you all free T-Shirts....
    Tallon wrote: »
    YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

Finally knocked that Metroid Prime Video off the top slot when you search for Tallon on YT :)

And i'm featured :pac:

You know my address :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I lol'ed hard at this :D

Lol @ hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Lol @ hypocrisy.

Dude.. Where have u been?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement