Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Nice little surprise for me, forgot all about the internationals and turns out I haven't missed the Ireland match.

Nice, can't wait to see this Total Football playstyle that Trap has instilled in the team :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Anyone wanna come on Teamspeak? Just having a laugh and it's great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

teamspeak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

krudler wrote: »
    teamspeak?
    It's a really lite programme compared to skype, and is way easier to use

snobby pc gamers= grrrrr :mad:

"hawhawhaw you play on console? my superior skillz outmatch yours joypad boy!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its true :p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

I don't eat much chocolate but I always make an exception for this..

about_crunch_bar_426x237new.png

Also had a can of Lilt for the first in years yesterday, beautiful :)

Reminds me of Die Hard :pac:

Headshot wrote: »

t'isnt really, my pc MW2 playing mate can't play with a pad to save his life, I can play with a kb&m setup no bother, ergo console players have more skill and use a less accurate control system :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Reminds me of Die Hard :pac:

Yup, I first saw it on Die Hard :D Just bought one an hour ago too. Last one and all.

Headshot wrote: »

I'd take you on tf2 / css :p

• Advertisement

snobby pc gamers= grrrrr :mad:

That gimp BOPS trickshot thread heh :) I just laughed it off.

That gimp BOPS trickshot thread heh :) I just laughed it off.

Where's this thread ?

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Where's this thread ?

Same guy who posted in the Post your vid thread here(such a gimp clip) posted in the general games section about his, I use the term lightly, clip.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71394968#post71394968

Most of the comments are relatively fine. One guy on there with a pathetic little dig at us on console.

FIFA Club and the emotions of it all icon_cheers.png

Slow start, we were all a bit rusty. Got going gradually and wiped the floor with all but one team and boy was fuming by the end of it :pac: thankfully we thumped that annoying idiot at the end so I was happy :D As I said, we are on the search for GK once again *sigh*.

Great to be back playing FIFA Club again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Same guy who posted in the Post your vid thread here(such a gimp clip) posted in the general games section about his, I use the term lightly, clip.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71394968#post71394968

Most of the comments are relatively fine. One guy on there with a pathetic little dig at us on console.

The funny thing is 90% of the PC gamers that post on this site are absolutely terrible and they're usually the ones with the PC elitist attitudes, they havent a clue and are probably the guys that used to go slayer at lan vs me (Slayer = going 15 rounds in cs without getting a kill). I'd be pretty confident that i'd whoop most of them using a dualshock aswel :D

I did cringe slightly when i seen the post tho :)

Magill wrote: »
    The funny thing is 90% of the PC gamers that post on this site are absolutely terrible and they're usually the ones with the PC elitist attitudes, they havent a clue and are probably the guys that used to go slayer at lan vs me (Slayer = going 15 rounds in cs without getting a kill). I'd be pretty confident that i'd whoop most of them using a dualshock aswel :D

I did cringe slightly when i seen the post tho :)

I know 2 people who play COD on pc, one is ok but he has an xbox as well and can play well on both, the other is a typical "console, mwahahaha losers" pc fanboy type, who has a less than 1 kdr and is over the moon if he gets a harrier, I was at his one day and made up a class of my own and got two ac-130s in a ground war match, "beginners luck" was the excuse he gave (beginner, lol, 35 days playtime on MW2 :rolleyes: ) nothing wrong with pc gaming at all, used to be big into it myself, but this "I has a pc, I be superior gamer!" attitude is just tiresome

I know 2 people who play COD on pc, one is ok but he has an xbox as well and can play well on both, the other is a typical "console, mwahahaha losers" pc fanboy type, who has a less than 1 kdr and is over the moon if he gets a harrier, I was at his one day and made up a class of my own and got two ac-130s in a ground war match, "beginners luck" was the excuse he gave (beginner, lol, 35 days playtime on MW2 :rolleyes: ) nothing wrong with pc gaming at all, used to be big into it myself, but this "I has a pc, I be superior gamer!" attitude is just tiresome

Yeah lol, some people just suck in general, doesnt matter what format they're playing on.

I'd agree with what jazzy posted, hes actually one of a PC gamers that are quite good at shooters on here. You dont really get many of the decent players in public servers on PC, if you ever got a chance to play against one of the top players or even a decent competitive player in games like quake or cs you'd be in awe, they make sandy ravage look like a total newb :D But the average joe gamer has no right to slag off console gaming at all.
    Jazzy wrote: »
    the boundries you can push with pc shooters are far higher then consoles. something like quakeworld would just be impossible on a console and unworkable. same goes for games like starcraft though, you could definately play it on a console but it wouldnt be the same game as it is for the pc. thats why games like halo & cod have been built to suit the consoles. they work on them and you can be just as competitive. not every motorsports fan likes formula 1 for example.

Highly recommend anyone is or was a wrestling fan to watch Raw be it on Sky SPorts on Thursday night or Friday afternoon.. or the internetzzz. End to end, really strong.

HBK, HHH and 'Taker promo especially worth checking out. Very good :)

I might watch wrestlemania tbh... if i can get a stream :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I usually go to a friends for 'Mania, can't this year because of college though. I might try and get a stream though :D

• Advertisement

Yeah lol, some people just suck in general, doesnt matter what format they're playing on.

I'd agree with what jazzy posted, hes actually one of a PC gamers that are quite good at shooters on here. You dont really get many of the decent players in public servers on PC, if you ever got a chance to play against one of the top players or even a decent competitive player in games like quake or cs you'd be in awe, they make sandy ravage look like a total newb :DBut the average joe gamer has no right to slag off console gaming at all.

Exactly.

I have a lot of admiration for high skilled PC players as can be seen by me posting COD Frag movies and saying how these are far superior to console stuff, editing aside. Complete and utter arrogance.

I admit I'm not a PC gamer at all these days (do emulators count? :pac:), I was though. I was heavy in Half Life, Crysis, Wolfenstein, TF and a few brief hours on CS. There is latter of which I played online a few times. I wasn't great by any means. But I could certainly hold my own. I think a month, maybe less, maybe a little more who knows, I could get familiar with using a mouse and keyboard again.. I reckon I could hold my own against some of the PC snob player brigade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But I could certainly hold my own. I think a month, maybe less, maybe a little more who knows, I could get familiar with using a mouse and keyboard again.. I reckon I could hold my own against some of the PC snob player brigade.
    Probably. Some of the players seem to assume that someone who plays on a console could never be good on PC. It's not like the game is gigantically different to justify that sort of thought.

I might watch wrestlemania tbh... if i can get a stream :D
    Denny M wrote: »
    I usually go to a friends for 'Mania, can't this year because of college though. I might try and get a stream though :D

If you can hold down a stream fair dues but expect WWE to be working over time in closing down as many streams as possible. Try to stream Royal Rumble back in Jan was painfully stressing, my connection aside thanks to WWE :pac:

I half and half in deciding whether to stream it or not.. but after this weeks Raw, I'll be buying it. I have to, it's Wrestlemania afterall :) WM, Royal Rumble(match) and Summerslam(which I didn't bother with last year tbh) are the only PPV's I'd be arsed ordering.

Exactly.

I have a lot of admiration for high skilled PC players as can be seen by me posting COD Frag movies and saying how these are far superior to console stuff, editing aside. Complete and utter arrogance.

I admit I'm not a PC gamer at all these days (do emulators count? :pac:), I was though. I was heavy in Half Life, Crysis, Wolfenstein, TF and a few brief hours on CS. There is latter of which I played online a few times. I wasn't great by any means. But I could certainly hold my own. I think a month, maybe less, maybe a little more who knows, I could get familiar with using a mouse and keyboard again.. I reckon I could hold my own against some of the PC snob player brigade.

Yeah it really wouldnt take that much to get used to the controls if you've had experience before. Im sure it would take much less time than a month !

Im considering getting a decent mouse and mat, and maybe CoD4 for the PC in a few weeks (I doubt black ops would run on my lappy :D) Im also thinking of doing a CS public montage (Which will be hated on so much no doubt :D) just to show how easy it actually is.... for the craic :)

Exactly.

I'd love if console's could play against pc players in the same lobby, I know Portal 2 is going to have this on ps3 which will be cool. Purely to wipe the smile off the smug pc gamer brigades faces coming up against a clan of lowly console players.

the quake vids, I dunno I dont play it so to me it just looks like bouncing around a map spamming rockets, do that on COD and you're a noob :pac:

CS is pretty fun, though I'm only an OK player at best really. I prefer to play TF2 though (Pyro, Soldier or Heavy usually), I love the cartoon-y feel to it.

Small beans montage song... Gonna be raped when my editing pc arrives during the week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'll seeya on the ps so Sam :)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'll seeya on the ps so Sam :)

You shall! Is MW2 still playable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Yup :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement