Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Yup :D

Lovely jubly!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sprrratt wrote: »
    You shall! Is MW2 still playable?

It is, hackers be gone for the most part. Its also gloriously loud and pretty, in equal parts annoying and rewarding and all the other good stuff, come back to the dark side :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Was playing MW2 last night, forgot how enjoyable it was til I got noobtubed and AC-130'd from a Care Package.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So I went back to MW2 just there and I cant play it

Its so hard to get use to controller after pc gaming, ****ing nightmare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Headshot wrote: »
    So I went back to MW2 just there and I cant play it

Its so hard to get use to controller after pc gaming, ****ing nightmare for me.

Pc is for the noobs , much easier to play .
    Consoles is where its at .

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Shammy wrote: »

Here we go again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lol, such a **** stir shammy :)

krudler wrote: »
    the quake vids, I dunno I dont play it so to me it just looks like bouncing around a map spamming rockets, do that on COD and you're a noob :pac:

Quake has a huge learning curve, player movement is one of hardest things to get good at, those videos make it look easy and as if they're just holding the jump button :D Should give quakelive a go, its free and runs through your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Them and their ergonomic keyboards and wrist pads, you cant call yourself a true gamer until you have the arthritic, gnarled fingers that only using joypads brings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Them and their ergonomic keyboards and wrist pads, you cant call yourself a true gamer until you have the arthritic, gnarled fingers that only using joypads brings :pac:

Pfft, if you haven't worn the thumbsticks down into nubs, have them stick on you from the gunk/sebum from copious hours played or broken a joypad mid session went to the shop and came back you're not a true gamer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Worship the Claw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Magill wrote: »
    lol, such a **** stir shammy :)

Quake has a huge learning curve, player movement is one of hardest things to get good at, those videos make it look easy and as if they're just holding the jump button :D Should give quakelive a go, its free and runs through your browser.

I've played quake live once! I did fairly **** just holding a 1 kdr, but not bad for first try !

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Any idea if you can get this on the PS Store?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Unbelievably awesome friendlies tonight - Ireland and England matches and the Holland Euro qualifier vs Hungary.

Really enjoyable stuff. Both goals in the England game were superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

My internet connection beats all I wish

1226257835.png

That game at the end of our sesh was awesome, very satisfying. No doubt they were decent but I reckon they the were very over confident. That one loss we had was head wrecking.

Thanks Eamo for letting me return back to CAM, I honestly didn't mind where I was playing be it RW or CAM but after our one and only loss I felt a change was needed to freshen things up.

We're still lacking cohesion at times but we're still beating the vast majority of teams(1 loss in 20-25 odd matches?) which is a good sign.

I'll consider throwing on the headset tonight as well, for FIFA. Maybe having someone vocally dictating the play will be a good thing.. or a hindrance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

That game at the end of our sesh was awesome, very satisfying. No doubt they were decent but I reckon they the were very over confident. That one loss we had was head wrecking.

Thanks Eamo for letting me return back to CAM, I honestly didn't mind where I was playing be it RW or CAM but after our one and only loss I felt a change was needed to freshen things up.

We're still lacking cohesion at times but we're still beating the vast majority of teams(1 loss in 20-25 odd matches?) which is a good sign.

I'll consider throwing on the headset tonight as well, for FIFA. Maybe having someone vocally dictating the play will be a good thing.. or a hindrance lol

when I play with you guys on Blops the Win loose ratio is usually bout 20:1..

When I play on my own, mercenary mosh pit.. its bout 1:1

Opposing-team-scores-in-first-3-minutes-Challenge-Accepted.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=challenge-accepted

wescorestraightafterkic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

^^^:D

Yeah good games last night exept for me laggin a few times. It was showin 2 bars in the lobbys for me for the last few games for some reason and I couldn't let the ball off straight away a few times which was annoying.

The last game was excellent though and 5 goals was merciful to say the least.:)

• Advertisement

Remi, Lakes.. get on FIFA asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Went for an interview this morning for a promotion...

Challenge unlocked :)

Fifa Club is so so good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Tallon wrote: »
    Went for an interview this morning for a promotion...

Challenge unlocked :)

Ya actually got up to go to it? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Kersmash wrote: »
    Ya actually got up to go to it? :P
    Yeah, it was very tough, showered and all

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Fifa Club is so so good :D

High%20Five.jpeg

@ Remi, get yourself on Twitter man. It's easier to set up sessions through it. Me, Khad, Eamo and Ray are on it. The latter of which is returning after a 9 month hiatus lol.

___

India in ze cricket :cool:

The stress of last night :pac:, didn't think I did all too bad though considering it's been well over 5 months since I played Any. Averaged one goal conceded *somehow* which is better than Seun these past few days too :eek:, and by all means, compared to SeunI'm average.

No offence Remi, but I do think he is the only one capable of playing the striker role I have to say, followed by me. The quality in me vs him as striker differs though. Big time, I'm the first to admit that. He's on a different planet.

I think we have found a formation for when the 5 of us do eventually play at the same time though.

Waiting in the lobby to play the final was killing me, better I went off when I did and flung my broken controller against the floor again lol.

That 4-5-1 with 2 advanced midfielders, 2 wide midfielders/wing backs almost and a central midfielder looks perfect for us, otherwise it's 4-2-3-1.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Any idea if you can get this on the PS Store?

I think you can.

My younger bro loved that game.

I only noticed this morning, a Splinter Cell triology updated in HD will be released in June. Looking forward to that most definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I wish the Xbox lads played fifa more often.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement