Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

The stress of last night :pac:, didn't think I did all too bad though considering it's been well over 5 months since I played Any. Averaged one goal conceded *somehow* which is better than Seun these past few days too :eek:, and by all means, compared to SeunI'm average.

No offence Remi, but I do think he is the only one capable of playing the striker role I have to say, followed by me. The quality in me vs him as striker differs though. Big time, I'm the first to admit that. He's on a different planet.

I think we have found a formation for when the 5 of us do eventually play at the same time though.

Waiting in the lobby to play the final was killing me, better I went off when I did and flung my broken controller against the floor again lol.

That 4-5-1 with 2 advanced midfielders, 2 wide midfielders/wing backs almost and a central midfielder looks perfect for us, otherwise it's 4-2-3-1.

I think you can.

My younger bro loved that game.

Did well mate, I was getting very tired those last 2/3 games. Present in body but not in mind.

Love it to bits as usual though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Hey we got to the final at least:p. I only went as striker so we could have a pro up front. I much prefer to have someone in front of me as I can't go round people at the best of times. Thought I did ok though having never played up front.
    And I certainly wont be lookin to take over that position. Without ray's ability to beat players we wouldnt get far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Bored on my lunch hour :pac:
    yorematshirt.png

Wanna vote for my t-shirt to be on Qwertee?
    http://qwertee.com/product/i-ll-quickscope-yore-ma/

Appreciate it :)

Headshot wrote: »

Can't see it man, need to register :)

• Advertisement

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Can't see it man, need to register :)

go to customer pics

I see it now! Nice one. How's PC gaming going? You should pick up COD 4.

I heard cod4 on the pc was good alright and might pick it up some time. I just to busy with crysis,black ops and dawn of war

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I heard cod4 on the pc was good alright and might pick it up some time. I just to busy with crysis,black ops and dawn of war

Is that an rts game ?

Shammy wrote: »
    Is that an rts game ?

Yes, sham

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Hey we got to the final at least:p. I only went as striker so we could have a pro up front. I much prefer to have someone in front of me as I can't go round people at the best of times. Thought I did ok though having never played up front.
    And I certainly wont be lookin to take over that position. Without ray's ability to beat players we wouldnt get far.

Lol, didn't mean in it a harsh way. Me and Ray are very honest with each other and have discussed in the pass if we are doing something wrong.

Just vary your movement more, especially when receiving the ball. You're prone to recieving the ball and turning straight towards goal, you were losing it quite a bit. Also that sidestep and sprint move Ray does, best to lessen it IMO. Most opposing players defenders will anticipate you turning towards goal you see, you turning back even towards our goal will put them off and give you a yard or two of space to set make a decision from there.

Just advice man, as I said. Me and Ray critique each other when need be. We tried to do the same with Chris(scousee) and AJ(ROCKYaj) but they have no footballing brain to comprehend what we were saying. I despised playing with them tbf.

Even if we win, keeping a clean sheet is important too.I hate when we concede. Striving for perfection my man, striving for perfection :pac:

I'd love one of them.

Sigzzz :P

I'll be on in an hour or two. If Ray isn't around I'll go any. Quite enjoyed it last night overall.

Oh and I'll post those footy vids later of Gotze, Sanchez, Hazard and Krasic.
    Me thinks, like me and Ray you should create irl footballers :P

_______

New BF3 trailer -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Yes, sham

I've heard its very good , i do like my rts's , must check and see if my pc can run it.

Lol, didn't mean in it a harsh way. Me and Ray are very honest with each other and have discussed in the pass if we are doing something wrong.

Just vary your movement more, especially when receiving the ball. You're prone to recieving the ball and turning straight towards goal, you were losing it quite a bit. Also that sidestep and sprint move Ray does, best to lessen it IMO. Most opposing players defenders will anticipate you turning towards goal you see, you turning back even towards our goal will put them off and give you a yard or two of space to set make a decision from there.

Just advice man, as I said. Me and Ray critique each other when need be. We tried to do the same with Chris(scousee) and AJ(ROCKYaj) but they have no footballing brain to comprehend what we were saying. I despised playing with them tbf.

Even if we win, keeping a clean sheet is important too.I hate when we concede. Striving for perfection my man, striving for perfection :pac:

I'd love one of them.

I'll be on in an hour or two. If Ray isn't around I'll go any. Quite enjoyed it last night overall.

Shweet! I should be on around 4 or so. Will be on tonight too for the long haul. Be it Fifa (fingers crossed) or Cod.

They are 50 euro ade. A bit steep for what your getting but it was well worth it and I highly recommend the stores owner Hans too

I'd love one of them.

I know how you meant it and no offence taken if it sounded that way(words aren't my strong point:p) I welcome criticism and want to hear if im doin somethin wrong so I can improve.

Even if we win, keeping a clean sheet is important too.

Italy won a world cup in a mindset similar to that, makes it alot easier to win games if you don't go a goal down or concede at all. Also drowns out any optimisim the opposition may have if they can't get a look in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Which one, the original (and it's expansions), or DoW2?

Denny M wrote: »
    Which one, the original (and it's expansions), or DoW2?

DoW2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DoW2
    I love playing The Last Stand in that, my highest character is the Space Marine captain, level 15 :D Anvil of Khorne is a fair bit harder I think.

• Advertisement

Italy won a world cup in a mindset similar to that, makes it alot easier to win games if you don't go a goal down or concede at all. Also drowns out any optimisim the opposition may have if they can't get a look in.

True.

It's about momentum just like anything in life.

Without a GK though we always run the risk of conceding but fortunately we're too awesome lol, dominate possession and outscore 95% of teams.

I really need to advertise for a GK, maybe you or Remi can do it? I'm so lazy :P

True.

It's about momentum just like anything in life.

Without a GK though we always run the risk of conceding but fortunately we're too awesome lol, dominate possession and outscore 95% of teams.

I really need to advertise for a GK, maybe you or Remi can do it? I'm so lazy :P

I can try and get one ;)

I can try and get one ;)

That would beyond epic. We need one with at least a 80 overall stat, genuinely wants to be in goal and someone is on quite a bit most days preferably.

But in short, someone with experience is the main thing. We do cope for the most part without a GK but as you and Remi know, a GK can pretty much win a match on his own. It's near impossible to beat them at times

That would beyond epic. We need one with at least a 80 overall stat, genuinely wants to be in goal and someone is on quite a bit most days preferably.

But in short, someone with experience is the main thing. We do cope for the most part without a GK but as you and Remi know, a GK can pretty much win a match on his own. It's near impossible to beat them at times

Yes. I've come across 85+ keepers in pro ranked who were clueless and were letting in shocking goals because of their positioning.

Yeah, In my brief scouting period, top team in the world has two GKs with overall >90 . Gonna send a few messages around and try and do a bit of headhunting :D

I know a mate that likes the keeper role but he doesn't have fifa 11 atm. :mad:

As you said, it's vital this person is on most evenings/nights too. No good otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Good day today.

Got asked to represent Sligo IT for some EURACHEM competition in Waterford IT on the 13th. Expenses paid and I think e100 for particiipating, and and nerd p***y :p Good for the aul CV too >_>

Also, bus driver didn't ask for my return ticket, so will save me e12 next Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Also, bus driver didn't ask for my return ticket, so will save me e12 next Sunday :D

fukking students:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Sandy Ravage is streaming now on J.TV

http://www.justin.tv/sandyravage#/w/1028779392

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Shamelessly stolen from the video thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

WWE fans might be interested in this;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226218

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement