Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ha just had a customer looking to get open NAT on their xbox through our broadband (am at work) and asked if he played COD, wound up yakking for about 15 minutes about it, my coworkers must have wondered what on earth I was talking about saying words like "chopper gunner" and "last stand users" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Where do you work Krud?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd rather not say ;) a few people know but ya never know who's a boardsie and I rant about work A LOT on here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Nevermind..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I have a good indication as to who it is. Or it's just me being paranoid again.

___

Anywhoooooo, had to lol @ this -

bhlpao.gif

Your indication is wrong.

Kthnxbye.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Went to the trouble of responding to moi after 2am, oh how very ITG of you <3

It's coincidental to see whose sigs were being taken down all in very quick succession and looking back at the timeline of what happened before my first sig was taken down triggering many to follow.

Who would be so sad, pathetic, smalltime, petty, impotent and cretinous to report sigs? The truth is out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8

icon_smile.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Went to the trouble of responding to moi after 2am, oh how very ITG of you <3

It's coincidental to see whose sigs were being taken down all in very quick succession and looking back at the timeline of what happened before my first sig was taken down triggering many to follow.

Who would be so sad, pathetic, smalltime, petty, impotent and cretinous to report sigs? The truth is out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8

icon_smile.gif

I never even knew you could report signatures so inspector ade is wrong AGAIN.

Might start doing it now though.

Those adjectives you use sum up someone i know very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Got really back into minecraft there on my own free server :) The sculptures are time consuming but very easy tbh :)

20110424132944.png

20110424132957.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Sprrratt you get it off Dediserve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Sprrratt you get it off Dediserve?

Its on my own pc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Threw Portal 2 into my laptop for 25 minutes and my laptop almost melted, I have 1.3 GHz on my laptop and it almost killed itself.

Model is the VOSTRO 1710, A F*CKING BUSINESS LAPTOP :mad: never leave it to someone else to order your laptop for you, regardless if they can get a discount.

LOL ! My laptop nearly died when i put on css the other day :( Gutted because i had hoped i could play CoD4 on it... not gonna happen i think.

May be buying an ACER Predator out of PC world thats reduced to clear, its internals are Pretty good, not amazing but it can run crysis 2 at full power so thats good, try playing something like SWAT 4, my laptop went to blue screen for some f*cked up reason.

Must be pretty good if it can handle crysis 2 at max settings alrite. Probably costing a bomb tho ?

Funny thing is i spent over a £1000 on two laptops over the last 2 years, beable to build an absolute beast PC with that, i just don't have the room for a proper computer atm, and i'd just get addicted to me old favs again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Expensive . . Still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

LakesKeane wrote: »
    So long Cody...

*tear*

Dont worry ,
    Ill+be+back.jpg

It's reduced from €1200 to about €720

These are the specs, may ask them to install a 1 TB HDD and I'll order a 4GB RAM card soon enough for it.

i5 processor
    4gb RAM
    500GB HDD
    1GB NVIDIA GeForce 340
    Windows 7
    DVD Rewriter

Looks sweet, still quite expensive, would you not rather a PC or are you in a similar situation to me ?

Really frustrating trying to make movies with this laptop, taking me 5minutes + to render a 10 second clip (With some effects etc).

Magill wrote: »
    Looks sweet, still quite expensive, would you not rather a PC or are you in a similar situation to me ?

Really frustrating trying to make movies with this laptop, taking me 5minutes + to render a 10 second clip (With some effects etc).

I think it is a desktop PC :o. Mightn't be though... Guys over on the PC building forum could whip up a beast of a desktop for €720

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

As Jesus was being nailed to the cross, he turned to his apostles and said " Don't touch my playstation, PSN will be down till Monday".

Was going to use an easter egg joke, but it sounded crap.

Fed up playing blops on the hard level, been stuck at a part for the past two days. Fed up with it now.

That aside, good win for Bolton today!

• Advertisement

It looks kind of like this, a sleight bit different but that look

acer-aspire-g-asg7710-a41-gaming-pc.jpg

Looks cool ! As I mentioned though, it's still quite expensive if you're just getting the desktop itself (without moniter, speakers etc). Graphics card isn't great either and I'm not entirely sure it would actually run crysis 2 maxed out (at a decent framerate).

If I had the €700 burning a hole in my pocket and was in the market for a gaming pc I'd definitly head over to that forum. You'll get much better value buying the components yourself and assemblying it yourself or €20 for hardwarversand to do it for you !

OHHH i thought it was a laptop :D

Yeah should diffo build man, much better value and they're simple to put together. You'd get a mini beast PC for that, especially if you have a monitor already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

One fault is that Combat training in Blops should be available offline

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement