Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

i keep thinking its blops network thats down went on to play some bfbc2 and remembered :( *facepalm*

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    hehe, interesting , yes. You hear anything from that CB and his GK mate?

Think they left :pac: Impatient waiting for us to play, but that was mainly down to Ray(who that reminds me, I need to get on boards too) not being around. He's truly THE god on FIFA. Want him on boards to see him absolutely rip the boardsies who take part in the tourneys apart. He'd easily would do that IMO. Heck, in the Championship I was 3rd midway through the season before quitting and I never play 1vs1's as you know.

Man some of them play the way WE hate playing. One guy in particular who I beat 2-1, he was Real Madrid and I was Atletico. Lob through ball any chance he could, couple that with Ronaldo upfront. It was infuriating. A lot of BS like that. I was seemingly one of very few who played football, not the game if you get me. I soon quit after that, cause it was just tiring playing them sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Think they left :pac: Impatient waiting for us to play, but that was mainly down to Ray(who that reminds me, I need to get on boards too) not being around. He's truly THE god on FIFA. Want him on boards to see him absolutely rip the boardsies who take part in the tourneys apart. He'd easily would do that IMO. Heck, in the Championship I was 3rd midway through the season before quitting and I never play 1vs1's as you know.

Man some of them play the way WE hate playing. One guy in particular who I beat 2-1, he was Real Madrid and I was Atletico. Lob through ball any chance he could, couple that with Ronaldo upfront. It was infuriating. A lot of BS like that. I was seemingly one of very few who played football, not the game if you get me. I soon quit after that, cause it was just tiring playing them sort.

Ah jeez ya, I know. Only a handfull of people play it along the ground for the most part in the final third. Hoof it up to pacey players in the hope of the ****ty defence AI messes up and they can latch onto a mistake. Been playing some Ultimate team lately to get back to where I was in '10 . Alot less quiters I find and it's good fun building teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I used to play a wee bit cs with a guy like that(didnt know him that well tbh), he was absolutely insane at fifa(one of the best in the world i think), was in a huge TV Professional gaming thing before (CGS). Donno what console he played on tho, name was ChrisyB at the time. Im sort of ****e at fifa tho, could never really get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Btw I almost beat Ray he only won 1-2 :( lol I play the same way and it was fun Counter-Acting each other

• Advertisement

Btw I almost beat Ray he only won 1-2 :( lol I play the same way and it was fun Counter-Acting each other

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Dunno if many of you guys watch it but the new series of "The Deadliest Catch" is starting on Tuesday at 10pm on The Discovery Channel.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    :confused:

?? We had a 1 game of 1V1

Magill wrote: »
    I used to play a wee bit cs with a guy like that(didnt know him that well tbh), he was absolutely insane at fifa(one of the best in the world i think), was in a huge TV Professional gaming thing before (CGS). Donno what console he played on tho, name was ChrisyB at the time. Im sort of ****e at fifa tho, could never really get into it.

Rings a bell that name. I'm alright at FIFA on a 1vs1 level , but like COD, I do play the right way which is most important to me. Like COD though, the majority of the FIFA community are tossers though and quit if you score an earlier goal, your up by a couple and so on. Some will just keep scoring own goals if your winning by a few and than just before full time, they quit :s

Playing as an individual and being part of a team with everyone in sync be it in attack or defence and putting together some proper quality football is so unbelievably satisfying. I for one take more joy out of creating goals than scoring. You can probably gather some similarities between me in COD and FIFA when you brush the surface really :D Eamo and Remi can back me up in saying that for the most part it's been real fun. Occasional dip in form aside last month :D

?? We had a 1 game of 1V1

2-1 is a close game is all. Ray plays online ALOT . That's all :)

• Advertisement

Eamo, if you do buy a PVR in the summer(think you said you were considering it a while back in txt chat room or twitter) I for one want to see our FIFA club games on Youtube :)

He only beat me 1-0 and 2-1 a couple of times back in FIFA 10(L'pool vs Arsenal). But suffice to say, his record in FIFA 10 and 11(no idea of his record in 11) speaks for itself. Defensively he is solid as a rock and plays the ball on the ground, the latter of which most are incapable of. Honestly never played someone as hard to break down as him.

Eamo, if you do buy a PVR in the summer(think you said you were considering it a while back in txt chat room or twitter) I for one want to see our FIFA club games on Youtube :)

Yeah, I will be buying one. Fifa club Montage ? Would be quite cool. Working full time now too which means buying the pvr is no big deal. Was looking at them no later than today :)

Rings a bell that name. I'm alright at FIFA on a 1vs1 level , but like COD, I do play the right way which is most important to me. Like COD though, the majority of the FIFA community are tossers though and quit if you score an earlier goal, your up by a couple and so on. Some will just keep scoring own goals if your winning by a few and than just before full time, they quit :s

Playing as an individual and being part of a team with everyone in sync be it in attack or defence and putting together some proper quality football is so unbelievably satisfying. I for one take more joy out of creating goals than scoring. You can probably gather some similarities between me in COD and FIFA when you brush the surface really :D Eamo and Remi can back me up in saying that for the most part it's been real fun. Occasional dip in form aside last month :D

Aye, i think he won ESWC or FIWC before.

I hope theres no bugs like in the old fifa games :D I used to beable to score from the half way line nearly every time in one of the old games, used to piss my mates off something serious :D

Actually...ade, have you ever played against a guy called "Mikeyt086" from boards. He used to go on as if he was awesome at fifa(Dont actually know if he was any good or not). He went to a few Iseries and stuff. He was sort of in the same multigaming clan as me 2 or 3 years ago.

I beat him 2-1 lol in a fifa comp on boards

Aye, i think he won ESWC or FIWC before.

I hope theres no bugs like in the old fifa games :DI used to beable to score from the half way line nearly every time in one of the old games, used to piss my mates off something serious :D

Think it was FIFA 09. Beyond a joke that was. Most of the stuff has been ironed out. There is still flaws in the game, namely with AI defenders, too easy to score from corners and the high through ball which the majority of the time entirely takes out your defence. It's a much better game(it's no PES3, 5 or 6 though), and has certainly made noticeable improvements every year since 2009 to the trained eye.
    Actually...ade, have you ever played against a guy called "Mikeyt086" from boards. He used to go on as if he was awesome at fifa(Dont actually know if he was any good or not). He went to a few Iseries and stuff. He was sort of in the same multigaming clan as me 2 or 3 years ago.

Know of him. Never played him though. I've only played a handful of boardsies and that's it, as I said, 1vs1's are so tedious. In FIFA 11 I have certainly played less than a dozen compared to say club where I've played over 500 matches quite possibly. If you play the game and not football, you're just as likely to win if not more.

Almost forget, Tamir Cohen getting booked for Bolton. JOKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Almost forget, Tamir Cohen getting booked for Bolton. JOKE!

Yeh right you just wanted any old excuse to be post number 5000 in the off topic thread, well you have succeeded, well done mister 5000.. :P

Remi, wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

How did you find me:eek:

People from Carlow :rolleyes: :p

Balfie wrote: »
    Yeh right you just wanted any old excuse to be post number 5000 in the off topic thread, well you have succeeded, well done mister 5000.. :P

I wish my friend, I wish :pac:

Should have matched my 6000th post with 5000th in here :D

People from Carlow :rolleyes: :p

Yes placenta and testicles are quite the delicacy round here:)

Ray will be back tomorrow evening btw :D, PSN better work! :mad:

Join Twitter ya fool, all of the lads in Club are on it. Handy for setting up sessions.

Been meaning to do it. Keep forgettin:o

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Been meaning to do it. Keep forgettin:o

Lol, just reg now. Takes a couple of mins max.

War of the Buttons is on Rte 1 now :):D

Woop this is my new PC

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement