Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah you'll probably have to system restore, uninstalling whatever caused it wont really help because i dont think it'll reverse any changes to the registery files. If that doesnt work (It will) then just format to factory settings.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    F*ck sake this website is annoying the hell out of me, I sent an email for them to replace the graphics card and when they did it, half the stuff I ordered is is out of stock since they didnt reserve it for me, this is a f*cking joke.

ask for a full refund ? I used to just buy my stuff off overclockers, may be a bit more expensive but they were pretty quick at delivering and had really good customer service, least they used to have. Haven't ordered anything from them in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Guess how much RAM my current PC has

16GB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Right so I'm not the most computer literate person in the world so you'll have to excuse me but I doubt I can explain this any better, but any help is appreciated.

In short since yesterday morning I've been unable to use my laptop normally. After I put in the password to access my profile I get the Registry Error warning (http://i51.tinypic.com/2gsrbxy.jpg) and then immediately the laptop restarts.

I can use the laptop fine in safe mode, am I wrong in thinking third party software is conflicting and causing the issue :confused: I've used the Windows Registry Repair - scan and fix anyway in safe mode + Spyware scan and all that. All is well in that regards

Audio Service is all turned off I can't remember from past experiences if that is normal or not but whatever the case maybe, I seemingly can't get that working in Safe Mode. I use Windows 7 Ultimate if that matters.

All in all, I'am in mind talking a whole lot of gibberish :D If anyone knows what the heck I'm on about and has any experience in dealing with this, any help is appreciated as said above. If nothing else, I'll take it to my mate who's in IT and is sound enough to fix any issues for free (well a few pints) as he has done so in the past, I rather avoid going to him as I kinda feel bad having done so a few times this calendar year. Had the laptop since 07, it's only been problematic this year.

Did you install anything in the last couple of days?

If you want, I can log in and take a look

Also, use Ccleaner to fix registry issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

512MB

Cool, you're running the same as my phone so :p :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tallon wrote: »
    Did you install anything in the last couple of days?

If you want, I can log in and take a look

Also, use Ccleaner to fix registry issues

Cheers Tal, I'll try sorting it out first later tonight and see what happens from there first.

Not the I remember :o Was planning to install Skype again the other night during PKA but didn't go through with it.

Used ccleaner, there's loads of ****e. I delete but then I do another scan and the same stuff is still there :s

__-

Sorted now , thanks for offering to help us Tal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

www.youtube.com/sprrratt

tumblr_l8m3v5PFDr1qaskvi.png

I didnt close my account :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Did you get haxed?

No idea buddy, emailed the twats..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I can't think of a reason that would happen. :/

Used ccleaner, there's loads of ****e. I delete but then I do another scan and the same stuff is still there :s

__-

Sorted now , thanks for offering to help us Tal.

Dont run a scan, click the 'Registry fix' window and run that

But you got it sorted anyways :)

Sprrratt wrote: »
    No idea buddy, emailed the twats..
    Fuuuuuu

Hope it wasn't a hack...

Did you have your PSN linked to your PS3?

Tallon wrote: »
    Fuuuuuu

Hope it wasn't a hack...

Did you have your PSN linked to your PS3?

Now that i think off it i think its the same password as my youtube a/c. Whoever hacked it isnt interested in deleting my account tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Now that i think off it i think its the same password as my youtube a/c. Whoever hacked it isnt interested in deleting my account tho?

If it was a result of the PSN hack then it may have been a bot running a script that inputs all email addresses and passwords into Youtube, Facebook, LinkedIn etc and then performs a password required task (such as closing an account) to test the password works.

If that's what happened then it's a dumb script as it should have been written to do something that you wouldn't necessarily notice (something like a successful login would be enough to show the password works). However, change all your passwords that are the same as or similar to your PSN password.

e.g., if your PSN pass was codaddict and your youtube password is codaddict1 then you should change the youtube pass. Some bot scripts if programmed well enough will also try number letter combos of your PSN password (e.g., c0d4dd1ct, cod4ccict etc.as well as iterations of the password (codaddict, codaddict1, codaddict2, codaddict[(n+1) where n=1] in other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Luckily my mate used my email address with his PW for his account(which I don't know and havent used) and I used a new email with my PW (which I have used on some sites), so I should be safe right?

/tries to log into boards as:

username: r3nu4l
    password: codaddict

dam :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Try codaddict1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Luckily I had changed my PS pass a few weeks ago to let him log into my account to download something, I just forgot to change it back.

It was a witty line about his girlfriend 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Dispute resolution , probably my favourite forum on boards :D

• Advertisement

Funny thing happened in work yesterday when i left, one of the senior teachers was reversing out of his space in the car park and for whatever reason put foot to floor, flew across the carpark, over a curb and spun right into a lamppost... absolutely hilarious watching it on the CCTV footage, lucky it was after 5 so the car park was almost empty and no1 was hurt.

Still his front wheels came off when he hit the post lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Magill wrote: »
    Funny thing happened in work yesterday when i left, one of the senior teachers was reversing out of his space in the car park and for whatever reason put foot to floor, flew across the carpark, over a curb and spun right into a lamppost... absolutely hilarious watching it on the CCTV footage, lucky it was after 5 so the car park was almost empty and no1 was hurt.

Still his front wheels came off when he hit the post lol....

footage or GTFO

r3nu4l wrote: »
    If it was a result of the PSN hack then it may have been a bot running a script that inputs all email addresses and passwords into Youtube, Facebook, LinkedIn etc and then performs a password required task (such as closing an account) to test the password works.

If that's what happened then it's a dumb script as it should have been written to do something that you wouldn't necessarily notice (something like a successful login would be enough to show the password works). However, change all your passwords that are the same as or similar to your PSN password.

e.g., if your PSN pass was codaddict and your youtube password is codaddict1 then you should change the youtube pass. Some bot scripts if programmed well enough will also try number letter combos of your PSN password (e.g., c0d4dd1ct, cod4ccict etc.as well as iterations of the password (codaddict, codaddict1, codaddict2, codaddict[(n+1) where n=1] in other sites.

So ya reckon it probably was a result of the psn hack? Poo I had about 30 vids up or something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement