Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Did you guys see Sony highered people to catch the hackers :P

Yeah but they dropped them after awhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

everlast75 wrote: »
    footage or GTFO

HAHA, if i could i would, was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ugh, some thieving motherfucker stole the GTI badge off the back of my Polo, I'm trading it in soon but still, ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

ChocoBear's gonna be pissed when he sees what I just tweeted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Did you guys see Sony highered people to catch the hackers :P

Highered :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Drakes Fortune is the only game I wished that was on Xbox, and I think many PS3 gamers want Gears on PS3.

I'd like gears alright. Can do without halo and .....and .... :P. Gears 3 looks great though , especially with the dedicated servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Drakes Fortune is the only game I wished that was on Xbox, and I think many PS3 gamers want Gears on PS3.

would love to have a go at gears!! Halo could defo live without I'd imagine!!

Feck world peace.. we need console peace.. every game on every platform!! ahhh.. thats better!

Yeah all PS3 gamers are like

"Ha HALO IS GAY!!!! WE HAVE HEAVY RAIN ROFLAWLCOPTERFLAIL"

Me: "Gears of War is awesome and not on PS3"

"Hm I would like Gears for PS3"

Ive no idea what just happened

hypermuse wrote: »
    would love to have a go at gears!! Halo could defo live without I'd imagine!!

Feck world peace.. we need console peace.. every game on every platform!! ahhh.. thats better!

if you can afford it buy both consoles, tis the way to go, mmm exclusives..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You can keep Halo and Gears of War, I'm more than happy to have the likes of Uncharted, one of the greatest games of all time. Other PS3 exclusives include God of War, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, Heavy Rain, SOCOM and so on if I ever wish to play, all of which are very good games in their own right even if some of them aren't my sort of thing.

I've played Halo in the past and while it's not a bad game, I didn't think it was all that. Gears is good but am I desperate to play it? No. Before anyone says it, I've played both once upon a time ago and frankly couldn't give two hoots about either game.
    Yeah all PS3 gamers are like

"Ha HALO IS GAY!!!! WE HAVE HEAVY RAIN ROFLAWLCOPTERFLAIL"

Me: "Gears of War is awesome and not on PS3"

"Hm I would like Gears for PS3"

Huh?

both consoles have some great exclusives, off the top of my head:

PS3
    Uncharted
    Heavy Rain
    God Of War 3
    Metal Gear 4
    inFamous
    Killzone
    Gran Turismo

XBOX
    Gears of War
    Halo
    Alan Wake
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Fable
    Forza

the "my console is better than your console" is a retarded argument best left to fanboys on youtube, both have their advantages and disadvantages, both have some amazing games.

not to mention the Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Muramasa
    New Super Mario Bros
    Mario Kart
    Kirbys Epic Yarn
    MonsterHunter Tri
    Resident Evil: Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles
    MadWorld

all fantastic games

18098.jpg
    Not my pic

Was more or less given a brand new well, unused Inspiron 1501 the other day (been out for a while from the little bit of research I've done, 2006/2007 I think). Not entirely sure what to do with it tbh lol.

Going by reviews and prices at time of release, twas around $800. If I were to sell it would any of the computer folk here like to hazard a guess at how much I'd be looking at if I were to sell it? Rough estimates if anything would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Dunno how active the thread is but there's a "What's it worth" sticky here.

Why did you get it for free?

FWIW I'd imagine you could sell it on to someone for around e200. Then again I could be completely off :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You're pretty much bang on the buck leeg :D Could be lucky and squeeze a few extra quid out of it!

You can keep Halo and Gears of War, I'm more than happy to have the likes of Uncharted, one of the greatest games of all time. Other PS3 exclusives include God of War, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, Heavy Rain, SOCOM and so on if I ever wish to play, all of which are very good games in their own right even if some of them aren't my sort of thing.

I've played Halo in the past and while it's not a bad game, I didn't think it was all that. Gears is good but am I desperate to play it? No. Before anyone says it, I've played both once upon a time ago and frankly couldn't give two hoots about either game.

Got halo last week.. sort of bored of it already, it is a good game tho and im sure some people love it. Gears of war, i really enjoyed the single player in 1 + 2 but the multiplayer just never interested me.. not really on the same level as God of war or Uncharted tbh. PS3 wins by a mile in the exclusives department, xbox seems to have thrown all their chips into the kinect this year.. the only big exclusive with a set date coming out for it all year is gears of war... pathetic really. Still have infamous 2 (Which will be ****ing awesome i reckon), uncharted 3, resistance 3, last guardian etc all coming out for PS3.

18098.jpg
    Not my pic

Was more or less given a brand new well, unused Inspiron 1501 the other day (been out for a while from the little bit of research I've done, 2006/2007 I think). Not entirely sure what to do with it tbh lol.

Going by reviews and prices at time of release, twas around $800. If I were to sell it would any of the computer folk here like to hazard a guess at how much I'd be looking at if I were to sell it? Rough estimates if anything would be appreciated.

I'd say £150-200.... comparing specs with what you can get right now and the lack of warrenty etc. 5 years is a long time in the computerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Got a loan of my brother's Xbox and now I have a months free gold sub.:eek:

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Got a loan of my brother's Xbox and now I have a months free gold sub.:eek:

Buy Super Meat Boy, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    Buy Super Meat Boy, trust me.

I have heard good things.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I wanna get Counterstrike. Should I get Source or plain old counterstrike?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Magill wrote: »
    the only big exclusive with a set date coming out for it all year is gears of war... pathetic really.

I don't know the xbox got the real big exclusive this year with the ability to play on line:pac::D

Kersmash wrote: »
    I wanna get Counterstrike. Should I get Source or plain old counterstrike?

I'd say go with source, 1.6 is probably looks probably a bit too dated for someone new to the series and in general has a steeper learning curve.
    I don't know the xbox got the real big exclusive this year with the ability to play on line:pac::D

Huh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I wanna play fecking Portal

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Dunno how active the thread is but there's a "What's it worth" sticky here.

Why did you get it for free?

FWIW I'd imagine you could sell it on to someone for around e200. Then again I could be completely off :o

Nosy :D Friend and colleague of my da's is moving abroad, doing a clear out and doesn't need it nor the money from selling it. Only received as a work laptop AFAIK.
    You're pretty much bang on the buck leeg :D Could be lucky and squeeze a few extra quid out of it!
    Magill wrote: »

I'd say £150-200.... comparing specs with what you can get right now and the lack of warrenty etc. 5 years is a long time in the computerland.

Cheers lads, a couple of hundred squid or anywhere near that would be handy alright.

One more question though, if I as in my mate used it very briefly and upgraded a few aspects of the laptop for example, Vista -> Windows 7 Ultimate would that buff up the asking price or would him messing around with it devalue it?. I'd assume it's the former, but just need to clarify. Just looking at PC World there, Windows 7 Ultimate is priced currently at £152.95 on their site.

Nosy :D Friend and colleague of my da's is moving abroad, doing a clear out and doesn't need it nor the money from selling it. Only received as a work laptop AFAIK.

Cheers lads, a couple of hundred squid or anywhere near that would be handy alright.

One more question though, if I as in my mate used it very briefly and upgraded a few aspects of the laptop for example, Vista -> Windows 7 Ultimate would that buff up the asking price or would him messing around with it devalue it?. I'd assume it's the former, but just need to clarify. Just looking at PC World there, Windows 7 Ultimate is priced currently at £152.95 on their site.

Errr doubt it, unless your selling to some1 that hasnt a clue, most people would judge a laptop by its spec's + make/model, might help sell it faster on say adverts but i wouldn't be expecting a higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Tallon wrote: »
    I wanna play fecking Portal

Just rent it man...

I played single player and finished it I'd saw in bout 8-9 hours total!! 2 player is also fun (only played few hours of it) but cant imagine thats terribly long either...

be far cheaper for you to rent it for a few nights rather than buy and sell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement