Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'll get it after my last exam on Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Looks good to me . Though I always go back to FIFA and COD in the end . The former more so even though I've a hoard of unfinished games :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Gonna get it for the ps3 over the weekend,the one disc option sealed it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Gonna get it for the ps3 over the weekend,the one disc option sealed it for me.

Id usually get a R* game on xbox as they're usually the lead console but I think ps3 was for this, and yeah 3 discs is a bit of a pain, not that you'll be changing it that often but still, cutscenes running off a bluray look better too, the opening video of MW2 looks like a pixelly bag of sh1te on the xbox, its nice and smooth on ps3 as its not as compressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭kazzdee

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Anyone getting LA noire today ?

Got it this morning! :) Still waiting to play it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Just got it there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Can any one give a review of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Can any one give a review of it?
    There's a massive thread on it in the games forum

Randy Savage died, dislike! :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

krudler wrote: »

Gutted about it. One of the first wrestlers I remember seeing on the tv back around 1990/1991. His matches vs Steamboat at WM3 is one of the greatest matches of all time. I remember watching his match vs Ultimate Warrior a couple of years ago for the first time also, Macho Man brought out the best from the Warrior. Surprisingly brilliant match.

RIP.

edit - http://vids.wwe.com/superstar/10179736-randy-savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Terrible news... I love the spas :(

Gutted about it. One of the first wrestlers I remember seeing on the tv back around 1990/1991. His matches vs Steamboat at WM3 is one of the greatest matches of all time. I remember watching his match vs Ultimate Warrior a couple of years ago for the first time also, Macho Man brought out the best from the Warrior. Surprisingly brilliant match.

RIP.

Savage always got compliments about bringing the best out in people, from Hogan to DiBiase, Jake Roberts, Warrior, and whoever else he wrestled along the way, a real legend in the business

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My favourite Savage moment was this one:
    wrestlemania-7-macho-man-randy-savage_2069677_459771_display_image.jpg?1301724544
    After the match with Warrior, the reuniting was just so touching. Shame I was too young to have really known Savage in his prime, only experience of him is from old videos or DVD remakes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

lads 2.50 for captain morgans and a mixer. come here for beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anyone want to do a commentary on a video I have, just for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

yes. Zshare that ****.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Leinster.

Wow. Just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Leinster.

Wow. Just wow

I only caught the last 10 mins :o Completely forgot about it! Sounded like an amazing game with a great comeback...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

saw on the interweb that it was 22-6, thought to myself it wasn't worth watching. holy crap, what a game to miss. i'll have to record the highlights later.

LA Noire, zzzzzzzz, biggest disappointment of the year

• Advertisement

LA Noire, zzzzzzzz, biggest disappointment of the year

Ah no reallly? planning to get it monday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ah no reallly? planning to get it monday

I wouldn't take his opinion for gospel :)

Most people i've talked to have said its brilliant, just don't expect GTA5.

Magill wrote: »
    I wouldn't take his opinion for gospel :)

Most people i've talked to have said its brilliant, just don't expect GTA5.

I wasnt expecting GTA 5, I hated GTA 4. Its just with LA Noire its simply a dull game, what brief sections you feel like you have control over are the same old tired shootout mechanics and driving with crappy handling of the GTA games, and the interrogations are basically guesswork with stupid parts you have to replay because you asked the wrong question instead of it flowing as a natural conversation, its extremely repetitive as well. I'll play it another while to see if it opens up into something more but I doubt it, its mostly a chore to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I wasnt expecting GTA 5, I hated GTA 4. Its just with LA Noire its simply a dull game, what brief sections you feel like you have control over are the same old tired shootout mechanics and driving with crappy handling of the GTA games, and the interrogations are basically guesswork with stupid parts you have to replay because you asked the wrong question instead of it flowing as a natural conversation, its extremely repetitive as well. I'll play it another while to see if it opens up into something more but I doubt it, its mostly a chore to get through

I haven't played it, but sure everyone has different tastes in games. Didnt you hate demon souls aswel !??!?!?!?

tho looking at some of the comments on the thread over on the games forum, does seem to be getting very mixed opinions on it.

Was always gonna be a marmite type game. Said so on Twitter last week and possibly here too (think me and Muse were talking about it early in the year)

Think some people were expecting a more action packed somewhat GTA style game (not saying yourself Krud) and are thus disappointed (I'm guessing). Personally not my cup of tea but each to their own.

Was always gonna be a marmite type game. Said so on Twitter last week and possibly here too (think me and Muse were talking about it early in the year)

Think some people were expecting a more action packed somewhat GTA style game (not saying yourself Krud) and are thus disappointed (I'm guessing). Personally not my cup of tea but each to their own.

I dont mind slow paced games, I love stuff like Ico and enjoyed Heavy Rain for what it was, but , gah I dunno theres just something about LA Noire I dont like, every case is the same, wander about the scene finding evidence, interview suspect, talk about evidence, maybe a car chase or foot pursuit, next case. The atmosphere is great and the facial technology is amazing, but its all hi tech polish with a repetitive, dull game underneath.
    If it didnt look like it did people wouldnt be fawning over it as much, or if another developer aside from rockstar made it it would get fairly criticised, but as they're the darlings of the games industry its mostly players not reviewers who are rightly pointing out its flaws.

I haven't played it, but sure everyone has different tastes in games. Didnt you hate demon souls aswel !??!?!?!?

sure did, I can see why people love it and I wanted to enjoy it, but endless grinding games arent for me.

Think I might get it anyway,want to avail of the 3 euro gamestop deal and there's not much else out at the minute

Also what a comeback from leinster,love watching sean o brien run with ball in hand,what an absolute beast!

It's similar to what I've always said about the BF series. It's utterly fantastic in what does. Full props to Dice( eh it was them wasn't it? :P) for making a top quality FPS, I for one played the **** out of the BF2 multiplayer beta and actually did like it. BUT, I just couldn't hand over 50 euros to buy it. There was something just stopping me (COD has played it's part no doubt, and has made me miss out on a ton of games I would have bought in a flash in the past).

On the other hand, I adored Heavy Rain for what it was when all the people I knew personally weren't keen on it. I'd put GTA IV alongside this as well.

I can fully understand both sides of the argument when it comes to LA Noire based on the footage, reviews and what a couple of mates have said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement