Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I haven't got one :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I like mine :D

bergin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

oreilly.gif
    Managed to watch Ep07 of GoT there last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

CORaven wrote: »
    Managed to watch Ep07 of GoT here last night.

Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Anybody wanna make me a youtube background?

20110128203738!Trollface.png

Please? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Send a message to our channel here at

www.youtube.com/Tr1ggerhappygaming

Ask for a background, one of our members will probably make you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just watched a vid that your man's schoolmates made there Ghost... was pretty ****ing good...

A Serbian Film. WTF? Words cannot describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

It's ****ing hilarious if you go into it knowing how ****ed up it is! Horrible movie though.

Tallon wrote: »
    Any use?

Yus

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    It's ****ing hilarious if you go into it knowing how ****ed up it is! Horrible movie though.

I'm just curious as to who funded it. I read about it before watching it and thought "man that sounds messed up" but curiosity got the better of me. My brother told me that him and my other brother watched it one night and then he put it on my HD and recommended I watched it.

After watching, well as much as my friend could take, we knocked it off and I text my brother to only find out he never watched it. He just told me that so he'd then know the benchmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

A Serbian Film. WTF? Words cannot describe.

one of the worst films I've ever seen, tries so hard to be shocking and just winds up being funny, its Human Centipede "so bad its good" territory.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ever walk into an exam bricking it, hoping the things you know best come up, and they do. Love it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll pick up UC2 tomorrow btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I had my last exam yesterday, only studied 2 sections from a possible 6 hoping to barely scrape a pass. Those 2 came up aswell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

maybe unorthodox classes and gun selections?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I need an idea for CoD series for youtube, any ideas? :pac:

I'm not being smart, but I've rarely seen a youtube video where the commentator discusses guns, perks and moreover routes and spawn points on the particular maps (with the exception of TmrtN). Frankly, Woody et al hold no interest to me about their personal life. I'm there to watch and learn about the game...

Just my opinion is all!

I need an idea for CoD series for youtube, any ideas? :pac:

Something I wanted to do for MW2, but I never got a PVR: A SnD play book.
    It was going to be an analysis of each map with suggested classes.
    It was going to detail things such as for Defence:
    • points you should race to hold
    • How much of the map can you lock down by being n this area
    • how long it would take you to get there and
    • when was the first possible time you could encounter an enemy (fasted enemy using Lightweight and Marathon calculated)
    • danger spots from spawn sniping, tubing, 'nades and knives
    • how long until there was a possibility that the enemy could get behind you
    • when you should abandon the tactics.
    • How to deal with air support - nearest overhead cover
    and for offence:
    • What route you should go with the bomb
    • What way should you advance with the bomb
    • If you have a X-class, when should you encounter an enemy, what cover should you be behind by then
    • Danger spots - long tines of sight
    • Routes to backtrack to retrieve the bomb if dropped
    • Where to plant and where you should guard a planted bomb

for each map and for offence and defence.

I managed to come up with at least two different tactics for offence and defence, so that's four strategies for all 25 maps in MW2 all fitted within 7 custom classes. Black Ops is a bit meh in SnD, but calculating would be much easier with theatre mode.

I would love to do it for MW2 and possibly Back Ops, but I do not have a PVR nor does it look likely that I will get one for a while. I would enjoy to see how other people play when required to think it out and play strategically. So if you want to have a bit of a challenge, try it. :P Just be aware that I may be able to do it myself at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

That's an awesome post Coraven, really enjoyed SnD in Mw2. Black Ops just doesn't come close. The equipment, weapons and perk combinations in a team made SnD in Mw2 really tense, whatever way black ops has them ordered there is less of a tactical game and it's not the same.

I remember I hade a dedicated class using a tar with heart beat sensor & silencer and a stinger with sitrep pro. I'd call out claymore locations, non ninja enemies with the heart beat sensor and take down uavs so our teammates with ninja and stopping power could approach a bombsite unheard. The other guys had silenced weapons and shotguns for clearing rooms and defending choke points and I think we had a thermal sniper for support.

yimrsg wrote: »
    That's an awesome post Coraven, really enjoyed SnD in Mw2. Black Ops just doesn't come close. The equipment, weapons and perk combinations in a team made SnD in Mw2 really tense, whatever way black ops has them ordered there is less of a tactical game and it's not the same.

I remember I hade a dedicated class using a tar with heart beat sensor & silencer and a stinger with sitrep pro. I'd call out claymore locations, non ninja enemies with the heart beat sensor and take down uavs so our teammates with ninja and stopping power could approach a bombsite unheard. The other guys had silenced weapons and shotguns for clearing rooms and defending choke points and I think we had a thermal sniper for support.

MW2's SnD was enjoyable. I am not sure what made it so enjoyable for me, I think it was because if you managed to get a jump on someone, or had an advantage over them position wise, you were rewarded the kill. Killsteaks had a significant impact on the game too. UAVs were difficult to attain and had a good reward. Learning the right time to call them in had a positive impact.

Black Ops's SnD is not as enjoyable. Mainly because the time until engagement is so short. It happens so often that I get spawn-hawked or sniped (Firing Range).
    Killstreaks are a mess. UAVs are not worth a damn as half of the enemy is running ghost. When you call it in is irrelevant as they are running ghost the entire match, or they all carry anti-air weapons. RC-XDs are too frequent for a game with no respawns.
    Second chance has a bigger impact on the game than in any other softcore gamemode. Simply SnD in Black Ops is not fair in my opinion.
    Also, the fact that I cannot view my team mates perks is a nuisance. [/rant]

As for the SitRep, I was the very same, bar the HBeat sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

HD_555_ProductImage.jpg

+

DOLBY_Product_header_Turtle_Beach_Ear_Force_DSS(1).jpg

+

Modern_Warfare_2_cover.PNG

=

south_park_stan.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Today my hangover diet consisted of.

Breakfast : Pizza and chips