Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hangover prevention: pint of water at some stage during the night, another one at home with Berocca in it, if no takeaway is available then taytos or toast, or both :D no hangover

I am LOVING this TB Earforce thing, been messing around with different movies and games all evening, anything with a Dolby Digital soundtrack sounds amazing on it. most blu-rays have DTS which is doesnt decode so uses a Dolby bypass to make it sound almost like DD, but dvds and games do mostly use DD so it sounds amazing, I was playing on MW2 earlier on the sexbox and the difference in sound is unreal, I was walking past where the A flag is on Terminal on a S&D game just outside the gift shop and heard a guy reload his gun inside the cockpit of the plane, we were the last two left alive so it was dead quiet but still, thats fcuking impressive.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Going to pop into DA SQ tomorrow and pick up UC2. How many people can we have in a party btw? I forget tbh. Think it was around 5 but I stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

This makes an interesting morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

slane tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

7984138.jpg

Bought Uncharted 2 :), only what? 2 years(?) after I was originally planning on buying it :o

Very much looking forward to immersing myself in both the single player and multiplayer.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I Started to build the new IW5 M4 for airsoft

Any recommendations for a pistol for a beginner?

I seen this and literally figuratively wet my pants!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=143&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I know its expensive for a pistol but...

Bought Uncharted 2 :), only what? 2 years(?) after I was originally planning on buying it :o

Very much looking forward to immersing myself in both the single player and multiplayer.

You played it before? if not then I wish I was you playing it for the first time again, its still the PS3's crowning achievement as far as I'm concerned.

krudler wrote: »
    You played it before? if not then I wish I was you playing it for the first time again, its still the PS3's crowning achievement as far as I'm concerned.

Just the online multiplayer beta. As I said before, I loved the beta and knew everyone was raving about it but COD just got in the way of so many games I wanted to buy. Money was never an issue. Just kept putting it off and off.

Will be picking up Red Dead Redemption (played litterally 20 or so mins of it only(!), enjoyed it though) after I've completed UC2 single player.

• Advertisement

Just the online multiplayer beta. As I said before, I loved the beta and knew everyone was raving about it but COD just got in the way of so many games I wanted to buy. Money was never an issue. Just kept putting it off and off.

Will be picking up Red Dead Redemption (played litterally 20 or so mins of it only(!), enjoyed it though) after I've completed UC2 single player.

Just picked that up last week - played about 30 mins and found it slow? I'm sure it will pick up...

I'm the same though - CoD always wins out when i have time to play!

Yikes, just turned it on there. 9 updates :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

everlast75 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a pistol for a beginner?

I seen this and literally figuratively wet my pants!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=143&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I know its expensive for a pistol but...

nice to look at but impractical for use

this is a great pistol , good range ,good accuracy and the kick of it is unreal.
    co2 pistols imo are better
    http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Pistols/CO2-Pistols/Colt-1911-A1-Co2-Blowback-Semi-Auto-KJWorks

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just picked that up last week - played about 30 mins and found it slow? I'm sure it will pick up...

I'm the same though - CoD always wins out when i have time to play!

Red Dead is slow but thats why I like it, the atmosphere of the game is fantastic, theres been a few times where I've just stopped at the side of a hill and sat on my horse watching the sun go down with that class soundtrack playing, hands down the best western themed game ever I hope they make another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Red Dead is slow but thats why I like it, the atmosphere of the game is fantastic, theres been a few times where I've just stopped at the side of a hill and sat on my horse watching the sun go down with that class soundtrack playing, hands down the best western themed game ever I hope they make another one.

I want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I want

theres a video on youtube with the track called "entering Mexico" or something similar, probably has some gameplay footage as well, watch it, nothing spoilery as the game is set around the time of the Mexican revolution so its a part of it, but man travelling across the county sounds epic to it. the amount of detail in the atmosphere is ridiculous, like when you're sitting in the horses saddle your character blows into his hands to keep warm and fidgets around instead of just sitting still. many a time I've just sat there and listened to coyotes howling and watched the weather changing, thunderstorms look amazing in it, its not like GTA where it pisses for 5 minutes then the sun comes out again, its a proper storm. with lightning in the clouds and everything, brilliant atmosphere

Driving around the country side and desert in San Andreas just listening to the tunes. Good times :)

In fairness to GTA IV, the weather especially the thunderstorm was done brilliantly. I thought but yes I agree. It's all too brief. I'm sure Rockstar realised that when making RDR going by what you have said.

Driving around the country side and desert in San Andreas just listening to the tunes. Good times :)

In fairness to GTA IV, the weather especially the thunderstorm was done brilliantly. I thought but yes I agree. It's all too brief. I'm sure Rockstar realised that when making RDR going by what you have said.

flying a chopper over Vice City with "taaaake, these broken wiiiiings, and learn to flyyyyy again!" playing is one of my fondest gaming memories :D

flying a chopper over Vice City with "taaaake, these broken wiiiiings, and learn to flyyyyy again!" playing is one of my fondest gaming memories :D

Aye. I'm more fonder of the power ballads and general 80s atomsphere so will always hold Vice City a tad above San Andreas. But yeah pinnacle games no doubt about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've had red dead for like the last 3 months but I've such a backlog of games to go through and I'm kinda thinking i'll leave the best till last.Still only a couple to finish, God of war 3,Batman AA,Metal gear solid,La Noire(currently playing) o and one of the rachet and clanks I think.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I've had red dead for like the last 3 months but I've such a backlog of games to go through and I'm kinda thinking i'll leave the best till last.Still only a couple to finish, God of war 3,Batman AA,Metal gear solid,La Noire(currently playing) o and one of the rachet and clanks I think.

Fantastic game, really hope Arkham City lives up to it. AA is the only Batman game where you actually feel like Batman, dunno how many times I grappled up to the top of the huge tower in AA to dive off and float down with the cape, was great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Bought myself LA Niore and Tigerwoods 12 (Ades fault... mentioned it last week and gave me a graving for some golf !).

Magill wrote: »
    Bought myself LA Niore and Tigerwoods 12 (Ades fault... mentioned it last week and gave me a graving for some golf !).

Blame the non white, sound :pac:

I'll pick it up sometime during the week and will certainly join you for a few games. Dying to play Augusta. Was thinking of buying it today but I want to fully experience and enjoy UC2 first (3rd level I think I'm on atm, Krud was right. Tis epic stuff)

You play any golf yourself IRL by any chance Mag?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nah, besides the odd game of pitch and putt (I suck :D)

I enjoy watching the majors and used to love the old tiger woods games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

kill me now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement