Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

ghey.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kersmash wrote: »
    uncharted 3, resistance, starhawk, infamous2?

I didn't watch the stream but that's all over my twitter feed.

Uncharted 3 >>> all
    Resistance 3
    Starhawk
    inFamous 2
    Dust looks REALLY interesting.
    GOW PSP and PS2 versions remastered.
    Bioshock Infinite.
    Saints Row 3.
    Shadow of the Colossus and ICO out Sept.
    Sly 4.
    Epic 3D TV Bundle, I'll buy more than likely.

NGP coming up too!

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Christ sake PS3 has talked about nothing but 3D and Move, thats it, the entire E3 so far has been these two aspects.

Haha I love it, those straws are being grasped so tightly.. :D

and by GOW Ade means God of War, not Gears of War :pac:

Gears of War on PSP or PS2 hmmmm... -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Ade , what's NGP stand for?

• Advertisement

yeah what's this playstation vita thing? Sonys e3 looks really strong judging by that list.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Ade , what's NGP stand for?

Laptop froze >_<

Uncharted Golden Abyss is beautiful. Touch melee attacks and sixaxis climbing.

fanboy :P ghost not ade.

Haha I'm a tad fanboyish I can admit that. But seriously though, Sony squashed 360 this year(Ninty will squash both next :pac:) It was called a few months ago even. So I'm not surprised.

I'm just delighted with Sony's E3 showing is all :)

Street Fighter X Tekken, sweet! Haha Cole is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Uncharted 3 >>> all
    Resistance 3
    Starhawk
    inFamous 2
    Dust looks REALLY interesting.
    GOW PSP and PS2 versions remastered.
    Bioshock Infinite.
    Saints Row 3.
    Shadow of the Colossus and ICO out Sept.
    Sly 4.
    Epic 3D TV Bundle, I'll buy more than likely.

NGP coming up too!

Have not seen the new Dust trailer, but I am very pissed that it is a PS3 exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Oh no no no it isnt, trust me, its terrible and Im not just saying that, the announcements are good but the over all conference is terrible.

Xbox have won it this year with MW3 and Halo 4

Are you serious ? Or are you just fvcking with us.... Xbox won it with a multiplatform game and a game that isnt out for a year and a half ? Not to mention it not being developed by bungie.... take your tongue out of MS and IW's arse please.

Back on topic... or offtopic.

PS3 Conference has been really good.

Uncharted looks AWESOME, Starhawk and Resistence are going to be class. TBH.... Dust looks like a better halo than halo does ! Gonna be interesting to see how they intergrate it with eve... will it be MMO based ?

Actually that diablo typed game looks pretty interesting, i may be investing in that one unless i somehow get my hands on a good PC for diablo III. Looking forward to nintendo tomorrow.

Wifi model €249, 3G €299.. thought it'd be €500 minimum going by previous talk!

I need to find me a proper job or start betting bigger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Next on the Oprah Show, We find out who is better.

Dr.Phil, Jeremy Kyle or Ellen DeGeneres.

Can you all please, cast your votes...........

Now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Balfie wrote: »
    Next on the Oprah Show, We find out who is better.

Dr.Phil, Jeremy Kyle or Ellen DeGeneres.

Can you all please, cast your votes...........

Now

Jerry... Jerry.. Jerry !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I vote you Craig. Or is that Doctor Craig and counsellor Craig :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Quite glad Sony didn't pull a microsoft and start jamming the Move down our throats every chance they got. Talkers were kinda dull, but the games looked pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Denny M wrote: »
    Quite glad Sony didn't pull a microsoft and start jamming the Move down our throats every chance they got. Talkers were kinda dull, but the games looked pretty good.

Sorry I read that completely wrong, I'm gonna blame the lack of sleep there. I was in the wrong on that one, Sorry!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

so lee, how was come dine with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh no no no it isnt, trust me, its terrible and Im not just saying that, the announcements are good but the over all conference is terrible.

Xbox have won it this year with MW3 and Halo 4

I'm no fanboy for either console but MS's conference was a shambles, the Halo 4 annoucement was a bone to the gamers who wanted to hear about something that wasnt a Kinect game, and MW3 is out on both consoles, early maps packs sure but thats been the case with all the COD games so its not something to be bragging about at E3.

Uncharted 3 has been the star of E3 so far, that demo looked stunning. trailer and gameplay for those who didnt see it/cant be arsed finding it

Playing the Uncharted games is as close to an interactive movie as you can get, theres actually a bunch of movies referenced in that clip alone, National Trasure, The Mummy, The Living Daylights to name but a few I could spot the references.

gameplay trailer:

the way the water moves around the ship near the end is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I have an xbox and I can easily say xbox's e3 was sh1te, kinect is like your uncle's dancemoves, it's just embarrassing. Halo 4 was the only highlight.

Uncharted 3 looks fooking class though, wish it wasn't an exclusive

• Advertisement

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I have an xbox and I can easily say xbox's e3 was sh1te, kinect is like your uncle's dancemoves, it's just embarrassing. Halo 4 was the only highlight.

Buy a PS3, problem solved :cool:

I have a ps3, xbox and wii and have no fanboy loyalty to any of them, I buy whichever games I'm interested in or whatever gets the better conversion, I'll probably buy MW3 on both because I play with both the xbox and ps3 lads and its fun playing with two different groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

krudler wrote: »
    Buy a PS3, problem solved :cool:

I have a ps3, xbox and wii and have no fanboy loyalty to any of them, I buy whichever games I'm interested in or whatever gets the better conversion, I'll probably buy MW3 on both because I play with both the xbox and ps3 lads and its fun playing with two different groups.

Not getting it on Wii Aswell? :P

Is it even out on the Wii lol, nah the Wii is for Nintendo stuff only for me and the occasional game that doesnt get released on other consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Metroid etc?

fjsanchez wrote: »

If you ever needed an excuse to get a PS3, it's for Uncharted.. and the many other great exclusives man :) Put even a 10 mins into the Uncharted 2, even if that, and it's plainly jaw dropping stuff. As I said on Twitter and you might have seen it, UC2 rejuvenated me gaming wise and restored faith I guess you could say.

After all the talk pre-show, I was expecting MS to stun the gaming world with news they've been keeping under wraps. I guess Halo 4 was that.. but I'm fairly sure that was rumored too, that's next Xmas and smh, personally the franchise has never done anything for me to warrant buying an Xbox (I have one, but that's a different story :p). A lot of of dependency on multiplat games. Admittedly I stopped watching as my sides were hurting too much after the Disney World game and then the we don't do random celebs.. out comes out a random NFL player who the vast vast vast majority of the game world would consider him a random :pac: Seeing Ice T was nice, what with being an Law and Order SVU fan :)

At least Koby Byrant (PS3 NBA 2K guys brought out) is a world wide name recognised by anyone who has ever followed sports in general or NBA.

Anyway, I for one am looking forward to seeing the Ninty conference later on with their new console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement