Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Not getting it on Wii Aswell? :P

It's not a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

krudler wrote: »
    Buy a PS3, problem solved :cool:

I have a ps3, xbox and wii and have no fanboy loyalty to any of them, I buy whichever games I'm interested in or whatever gets the better conversion, I'll probably buy MW3 on both because I play with both the xbox and ps3 lads and its fun playing with two different groups.

I wish :rolleyes: I have so many things to buy before I can even think about getting a PS3. God gaming is a dear hobby :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

CORaven wrote: »
    It's not a console.

the wii? that must be why it has some great games on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I was ready to slag off MW3 in comparison to Battlefield 3 but from watching the videos of the Assault on New York Stock Exchange and the Hunter Killer Sub Attack with the Navy Seals they've really impressed me.

Even though the tank part of Battlefield was class, I felt that there was something more visceral about the MW3 trailer/demos. Perhaps I'm unfairly comparing them but the earlier demos of B3 where you were a footsoldier fighting in an urban environment taking out the sniper/sneaking in through the vents following the wire to the IED were much better. There was very little between them for me as a grunt on the ground, B3 more realistic with MW3 over-the-top.

Graphically, B3 is miles ahead of MW3 but that's being run on a machine that's probably 10-20 times what my old launch 360 is worth, (think of a blocked hoover). I'd say that B3 might edge MW3 when compared on the 360 but so long as they're both advancing the FPS genre I won't care. I'll be getting both come launch.

Couldn't give a toss about who won what at e3, I only but about 2-3 games a year and the ones I play I get plenty of hours out of. I get sucked in and stay in. I haven't played Red Dead Redemption, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock or Street Fighter 4 (which I got as a present)! I only played about 5 hours of Fallout 3 before realising just how much of a life drainer it actually is. The same with Forza 3. I'm sure the same holds for all consoles, too many good to great games and not enough time for them all.

Only know one of my mates around my age who constantly buys games as they're released but he just sits down straight after work plays 6 hours solid eating only ham sandwiches before going to bed. When you get older as a gamer you have to pick your battles more carefully. Or get used to living on buttered sliced pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yimrsg wrote: »
    I was ready to slag off MW3 in comparison to Battlefield 3 but from watching the videos of the Assault on New York Stock Exchange and the Hunter Killer Sub Attack with the Navy Seals they've really impressed me.

Even though the tank part of Battlefield was class, I felt that there was something more visceral about the MW3 trailer/demos. Perhaps I'm unfairly comparing them but the earlier demos of B3 where you were a footsoldier fighting in an urban environment taking out the sniper/sneaking in through the vents following the wire to the IED were much better. There was very little between them for me as a grunt on the ground, B3 more realistic with MW3 over-the-top.

Graphically, B3 is miles ahead of MW3 but that's being run on a machine that's probably 10-20 times what my old launch 360 is worth, (think of a blocked hoover). I'd say that B3 might edge MW3 when compared on the 360 but so long as they're both advancing the FPS genre I won't care. I'll be getting both come launch.

Couldn't give a toss about who won what at e3, I only but about 2-3 games a year and the ones I play I get plenty of hours out of. I get sucked in and stay in. I haven't played Red Dead Redemption, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock or Street Fighter 4 (which I got as a present)! I only played about 5 hours of Fallout 3 before realising just how much of a life drainer it actually is. The same with Forza 3. I'm sure the same holds for all consoles, too many good to great games and not enough time for them all.

Only know one of my mates around my age who constantly buys games as they're released but he just sits down straight after work plays 6 hours solid eating only ham sandwiches before going to bed. When you get older as a gamer you have to pick your battles more carefully. Or get used to living on buttered sliced pan.

Or just dont play CoD as much ! How many days played you got in black ops ? :P

Im gonna be skint come november i think... ****...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Magill wrote: »
    Or just dont play CoD as much ! How many days played you got in black ops ? :P

Im gonna be skint come november i think... ****...

About 13 or 14 which isn't that much compared to some I've seen. I remember seeing some guy a month after Black Ops came out who played 8 out of every 24 hours played since it was released. I reckon that 14 days pales in comparison to the hours I've Championship/Football Manager series. I could have spent over a year on that and it wouldn't surprise me!

About 13 or 14 which isn't that much compared to some I've seen. I remember seeing some guy a month after Black Ops came out who played 8 out of every 24 hours played since it was released. I reckon that 14 days pales in comparison to the hours I've Championship/Football Manager series. I could have spent over a year on that and it wouldn't surprise me!

Its crazy !

World of warcraft is even worse, when i used to play it I don't think I bought a single game for 2 or 3 years ! My main character alone had well over 100 days played :s And i had a lot of characters.. sad really but sure fook it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I'm gonna be piss poor :(

So.That's
    Mw3,
    BF3
    SkyRim,
    AC:R
    WWE 12
    Batman:Arkham City
    Dead Island
    Fifa 12
    UC3
    AC:LL (3DS)

****e :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

**** lads the Vita looks like some serious piece of kit.

Kersmash wrote: »
    **** lads the Vita looks like some serious piece of kit.

Long as games have optional touch controls, the Uncharted ones look awkward as hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Aye but you didnt have to use em, which is cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Its a joke that the Vita can do Cross game chat but they won't add it to PS3 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

iMuse wrote: »
    Its a joke that the Vita can do Cross game chat but they won't add it to PS3 :rolleyes:

I thought Microsoft had some sort of patent on the tech which makes it even harder for Sony to use as well as incorporate into current stuff...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I only ever buy 2-3 games a year.. not well off enough to afford much more!

So getting COD, BF3 will keep me happy for a long long time..

Prob get UC2 aswel coz I never actually played the multiplayer on UC2.. Mw2 was my 1st online gamin experience and I've been sucked in royally!
    I thought UC2 was good but not amazing (please don't kill me again for saying that :P)

I'm gonna be piss poor :(

Prob be met with hostility saying this but I dont really get the AC thing..

Played the 1st one and got sooooo bored of it.. doing the same thing over and over and over again... climb real high.. look around.. jump..
    fight a group of 6 enemies.. 2 of which will only ever attack you at one time at the most!!

Looks sexy as hell but the repetitiveness of the 1st game led me to never play another one....

AC3 much better??

Also I really must pick myself up a FIFA game.. last one I played was FIFA98!! Foooking loved it!! just never seem to have the money for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yeah they moved on alot since AC but I mainly get it for the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

For me it will be GRAW , GOW3 , BF3, MW3 and maybe UC3.
    Plenty of games to keep me busy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Cod doesn't even compare to the amount of days I've sunk into them,over 10+ years I've been at them,once sold a player for over a 100 million,great day.
    hypermuse wrote: »
    Prob get UC2 aswel coz I never actually played the multiplayer on UC2.. Mw2 was my 1st online gamin experience and I've been sucked in royally!
    I thought UC2 was good but not amazing (please don't kill me again for saying that tongue.gif)

I wasn't blow away by UC2 either,probably because it had been built up way to much to me so it was never gonna meet my expectations as the best game ever,also I got it maybe 2-3 years after its release and had just finished AC before it.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I wasn't blow away by UC2 either,probably because it had been built up way to much to me so it was never gonna meet my expectations as the best game ever,also I got it maybe 2-3 years after its release and had just finished AC before it.

you're living in the future?! hows that working out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

beertons wrote: »
    so lee, how was come dine with me?

Good :D

They're on every weeknight for the next 2 weeks (then a break I think).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

* wonders why he doesn't sky plus it, and watch it when nobody is playing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Man, I need to play some CoD tonight :)

Also, anyone who wants to setup their own Minecraft server, check this out

Fair point :p I left it last night cos I needed a little break from CoD anyways.

Fair point man.

I downloaded wipeout and that burnout game(car), and I think both are crap. I was supposed to get ratchet & clank. Was out the nihgt before and made a boo boo. Any idea's how I can get r&c? Is it just a demo, or the full game?

Full game. Do you have any other accounts made before 21st April?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

krudler wrote: »
    the wii? that must be why it has some great games on it

The word there is some. Unfortunately there is a gap between the Wii and the two major consoles hardware wise which has left poor third party support for the Wii in past few years, and those who have supported it have given inferior ports. It simply does not give a pleasant gaming experience outside a small bubble of inhouse games. I personally would deem the gap similar to the old pc-console gap.

nope, just the 1 account. i'm bad enough with 5 email addresses and 2 mobiles. anybody wanna share it with me?

I'll give you my sub account (el loco blanco). I won't bother using it for the games, LBP and infamous is enough for me.

Just got round to watching that Battlefield 3 tank demo.... holy fvck ! Looks brilliant, probably the best looking game graphically (I know its on the PC but still) at E3. Hopefully the drop off isnt too big for the consoles, they've said its not a simple port job from PC > Console so i guess it'll be good, they cant afford for it not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Hi guys

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement