Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

C'mon Vancouver, let's be 'avin ya!!!

Boston doing the business so far. 2-0 and in the 2nd period. Looking like Champions now.

Hopefully there are less than 5 goals scored, got a nice size bet that!

edit - 3-0 as I'm typing, squeaky bum time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If you've got money on the Bruins, you're laughing. Vancouver have literally thrown away the entire final.

They've (Vanc) pipped each win yet got a complete hosing in the games they lost.

If you've got money on the Bruins, you're laughing. Vancouver have literally thrown away the entire final.

They've (Vanc) pipped each win yet got a complete hosing in the games they lost.

Was following it on live betting, watching/streaming the footy currently. Looks like an epic choke by Vancouver tbf. Home ice has been key in the playoffs so they were favourites (slight favourites IMO as I said in the gambling forum). Fancied Bruins myself but was tad skeptical with past history so went with under 5 goals........ finishes 4-0 as I type. Noice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Kersmash wrote: »
    i can just imagine mag in team meetings.

"nah thats **** mate"

"but..."

"its ****"
    Gimme a shout about the server whenever you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Gran Torino :)

Great movie. Some classic lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I can now legally go drinking with the brother..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

CORaven wrote: »
    I can now legally go drinking with the brother..

Stripclub FTW

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    ok Guys here you go:

I got Balls of Stealing peoples money for a terrible game

Hail To the King of sh*tty games

Its Time to trade this game in and chew bubble gum, and im all outta gum.

Duke Nukem: Forever = 2/10

It was always gonna sell on nostalgia(and controversy) and it's done that perfectly. Said it before but I was planning on seeing reviews and public opinion before buying it (I know it wasn't gonna be a masterpiece or anything like that before people think I thought otherwise). My friend was ranting about it last night, wasn't best pleased. Already traded it in. I heard there's a patch coming soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

It was always gonna sell on nostalgia(and controversy) and it's done that perfectly. Said it before but I was planning on seeing reviews and public opinion before buying it (I know it wasn't gonna be a masterpiece or anything like that before people think I thought otherwise). My friend was ranting about it last night, wasn't best pleased. Already traded it in. I heard there's a patch coming soon though.

Wana play a real quality game and get that super nostalgic feeling..

try this out!

old school 1st person shooter!

Legendary DOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

ok Guys here you go:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hypermuse wrote: »
    Wana play a real quality game and get that super nostalgic feeling..

try this out!

old school 1st person shooter!

Legendary DOOM!

You should have linked him super mario world or something ! Cause you sort of have to have played the game when you were younger to get a nostalgic feeling :)

The old supernes games probably hold the most nostalgic value for me tbh ! Good times !

PC game wise... probably RTCW or TFC/HL or AoE !!

theres nothing to patch, its just crap.

It wouldn't be like you to get overhyped and be left disappointed would it though :D

Massive fan of Tupac's music, he would only have been 40 today.... hard to imagine how much more brilliant music he'd have made if he wasnt shot :( Easily the best rapper ever imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Magill wrote: »
    You should have linked him super mario world or something ! Cause you sort of have to have played the game when you were younger to get a nostalgic feeling :)

The old supernes games probably hold the most nostalgic value for me tbh ! Good times !

PC game wise... probably RTCW or TFC/HL or AoE !!

Ah I used doom coz its the practically the same as Duke Nukem! I just saw it recently and was playing it.. loved it!

Dunno any mario links but defo agree they are the most nostalgic for me!
    Loved super mario kart a ridiculous amount as a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

ok Guys here you go:

What did I ****ing say.:rolleyes:

Rory Fuucking McIlroy !

Rory Fuucking McIlroy !

You only love cause he's from Northern Ireland.

You only love cause he's from Northern Ireland.

DUH !! :D Great wee player, hopefully he can keep his nerve this time and play like he is now over the whole weekend !

Hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DUH !! :D Great wee player, hopefully he can keep his nerve this time and play like he is now over the whole weekend !

Backed him in the Masters. :( If his putting holds up he'll destroy the rest of them! Awesome golfer.

Have to admit I'm thinking backing against him. He's into 9/4 or something stupid. do hope he wins though, be some follow up to GMac.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Backed him in the Masters. :( If his putting holds up he'll destroy the rest of them! Awesome golfer.

Have to admit I'm thinking backing against him. He's into 9/4 or something stupid. do hope he wins though, be some follow up to GMac.

Aye his putting seems to be the only weakpoint in his game imo, his ballstriking is immense. Would love to see him win this open.

Rory is mentally fragile at times and gets too down on himself hence his collapse at the Masters this year, The Open last year(2nd round) and to a degree the front 9 of the PGA Championship. I also question his caddy at times as well. His putting has always been a weakness. The course will be set up faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more tougher in set up today and over the weekend it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

If he fails, Palmer for the mutha facking win!

edit - as talented as he is, TW, Nickalus, Palmer, Watson and co. are far superior players in the fact they were mentally as strong as they were talented. Some of the comments in the golf thread last night were head off wall stuff. Clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Below is from Yahoo. My favourite golfer at it again. He is very entertaining. Whoever decided to start them off at that par 3 is a sadist btw.

The world number four and five-times US Open runner-up started the day by putting his opening tee shot into the water.
    It went downhill from there.
    Time and again he took a 2-iron off the tee for safety and still ended up in trouble. He hit a driver out of the rough from thick trees, managed to drive into bunkers 50 or 60 yards off line and on entirely different holes, ended up in waist-high rough, blindsided himself on greens more than once, gave himself near impossible recovery shots from thick, wet rough, and failed to make his birdie chances even on the rare occasions that they did present themselves.
    The left-hander made a good show of wincing when his 30ft birdie putt on the final hole missed by an inch, but the truth is that he will take his 74 and run away quickly without stopping to wonder how he isn't already out of the tournament.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Below is from Yahoo. My favourite golfer at it again. He is very entertaining. Whoever decided to start them off at that par 3 is a sadist btw.

The world number four and five-times US Open runner-up started the day by putting his opening tee shot into the water.
    It went downhill from there.
    Time and again he took a 2-iron off the tee for safety and still ended up in trouble. He hit a driver out of the rough from thick trees, managed to drive into bunkers 50 or 60 yards off line and on entirely different holes, ended up in waist-high rough, blindsided himself on greens more than once, gave himself near impossible recovery shots from thick, wet rough, and failed to make his birdie chances even on the rare occasions that they did present themselves.
    The left-hander made a good show of wincing when his 30ft birdie putt on the final hole missed by an inch, but the truth is that he will take his 74 and run away quickly without stopping to wonder how he isn't already out of the tournament.

Watched it live, he truly is loco. Some round though. Should have been +10 over :pac:

Rory is mentally fragile at times and gets too down on himself hence his collapse at the Masters this year, The Open last year(2nd round) and to a degree the front 9 of the PGA Championship. I also question his caddy at times as well. His putting has always been a weakness. The course will be set up faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more tougher in set up today and over the weekend it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

If he fails, Palmer for the mutha facking win!

edit - as talented as he is, TW, Nickalus, Palmer, Watson and co. are far superior players in the fact they were mentally as strong as they were talented. Some of the comments in the golf thread last night were head off wall stuff. Clueless.

Hes still very young tho, if he can get one major under his belt (it would do wonders for his confidence and mental strength) and improves his putting he could do some serious damage in future events. Hes never going to win as many majors as Nickalus or even TW but I'd imagine that would be entirely down to how many amazing young players there are atm, the standard is just getting better and better. He definitely has the potiental to be as good as the greats in terms of ability... if only he had mickelson's shortgame :D

Hes still very young tho, if he can get one major under his belt (it would do wonders for his confidence and mental strength) and improves his putting he could do some serious damage in future events. Hes never going to win as many majors as Nickalus or even TW but I'd imagine that would be entirely down to how many amazing young players there are atm, the standard is just getting better and better. He definitely has the potiental to be as good as the greats in terms of ability... if only he had mickelson's shortgame :D

Lol, all if's and but's. He'll always be a level down from the names I mentioned (namely Jack and TW), and I say that as a McIlroy fan.

I can see him reaching the same amount of Majors potentially as Mickelson, Seve (RIP)and Faldo category likewise Martin Kaymer. If he wins one, he'll win others but he'll be nowhere near the greats despite the unbiased and frankly blindness from many Irish people.. many who come across as know it all (I'll ref the golf forum on boards once again) but really know sweet F all.

edit - he needs to be more tactical at times as well, some of his decision making is bizarre even when on form. % golf at times is required, and he'd have 2 Majors in the bag I feel. Himself and Mickelson are guilty of this. Tiger despite all his ability, distance, etc. played % golf. Kaymer's strength is this and is very valuable and admirable quality to have.

edit again - I'am harsh on him I know, but while Tiger is rocking (on and probably off the course wahey! -_-) he needs to take advantage asap and notch 1 Major on the board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement