Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

"Decision making" and "Michelson" should never be used in the same sentence :)

I had him backed the year Ogilvy won. Phil was going for his third straight Major. Needing a par to win on 18 he blasts it into the left rough. Goes for the miracle recovery and smacks it right into a tree. DB. Game over man game over. His quote after was simply "I'm such an idiot"

Still think some of the shots he plays the others just don't have. That shot at 13 in Augusta in 2010 from the mulchy stuff behind a tree and lands it just over the water 4 feet from pin. I won a lot of money that day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Lol, all if's and but's. He'll always be a level down from the names I mentioned (namely Jack and TW), and I say that as a McIlroy fan.

I can see him reaching the same amount of Majors potentially as Mickelson, Seve (RIP)and Faldo category likewise Martin Kaymer. If he wins one, he'll win others but he'll be nowhere near the greats despite the unbiased and frankly blindness from many Irish people.. many who come across as know it all (I'll ref the golf forum on boards once again) but really know sweet F all.

edit again - he needs to be more tactical at times as well, some of his decision making is bizarre even when on form. % golf .

Ifs and buts obviously, I don't have a time machine unfortunately. I Wouldn't really call it blindness from Irish people in fairness, they're just.. optimistic :D... Besides hes not even Irish :rolleyes: ... at least if you go by the opinions of the idiots over on the politics/AH's forums :D

Anyway, I'll admit im not a huge golf fan, i just watch the big tournaments but even for a part time fan like myself its obvious to see the guy's got massive potiental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Rory held the record best score in my home course for years... And he was 14 when he got it :o

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    "Decision making" and "Michelson" should never be used in the same sentence :)

I had him backed the year Ogilvy won. Phil was going for his third straight Major. Needing a par to win on 18 he blasts it into the left rough. Goes for the miracle recovery and smacks it right into a tree. DB. Game over man game over. His quote after was simply "I'm such an idiot"

Still think some of the shots he plays the others just don't have. That shot at 13 in Augusta in 2010 from the mulchy stuff behind a tree and lands it just over the water 4 feet from pin. I won a lot of money that day :pac:

Had Harrington that year, choked on the last along with Mickelson and Monty :s

If you knew my history with golf betting and namely the US Open, it'd leave you fairly stunned. It's been awfully cruel to me, consistently teases me and is the only Major I haven't found a winner in. You can probably find it if you search for the thread in either the golf and betting forum. I had Dustin Johnson, Mickelson, Davis Love(in the top 10, which won) and Els to win E/W. Check the 3rd round leaderboard for the 2010 leaderboard and compare to the final day:( Last year in general was the cruelest betting period of golf I've experienced.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a cruel again this year...

Post 1
    Post 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

In golf , I like the part when the ball is putt into the hole . And driving a ball as far as possible . Accuracy is not the aim ! Destruction is !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had Harrington that year, choked on the last along with Mickelson and Monty :s

If you knew my history with golf betting and namely the US Open, it'd leave you fairly stunned. It's been awfully cruel to me, consistently teases me and is the only Major I haven't found a winner in. You can probably find it if you search for the thread in either the golf and betting forum. I had Dustin Johnson, Mickelson, Davis Love(in the top 10, which won) and Els to win E/W. Check the 3rd round leaderboard for the 2010 leaderboard and compare to the final day:( Last year in general was the cruelest betting period of golf I've experienced.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a cruel again this year...

Post 1
    Post 2

Ouch. I don't bet much but have been pretty lucky on Golf. Backed Phil for all four of his wins. Backed TW once when he was a shoe in at St Andrews. Had Furyk when he won in Chicago. So I have the grand slam :). Had my fair share of doh moments too.

The year Immelman won the Masters I just about backed the field against him on the Sunday. M8 kept telling me to back Glover leading up to his win and me telling him he was a muppet! I think he won €2,500 that week. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Mazda 6 or Renault megane which to buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Shammy wrote: »

obviously the one that can withstand the most amount of bullets and nades!

just cause your mod now doesn't mean you can ask stupid questions that would be better asked in another forum:D

edit: can the majority of the forum users here even legally drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

My mate had the Megane II and said it was a pain to anything with it. To change a front light bulb he had to jack the car up and remove a tire to get at it and replace it. I offered to break the glass from the front but he had to do it the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

already put it up in the motor section ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056301826

• Advertisement

.. if he **** this up, he needs to be put down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anything but a Renault, nothing but issues with anyone I know that has one, my mates electric windows randomly wind themselves down, great fun doing 120km on the motorway getting blasted with rain in the face

****ing hell Rory !! All he has to do is par the next 2 days !! Right ?? :s

Magill wrote: »
    ****ing hell Rory !! All he has to do is par the next 2 days !! Right ?? :s

More than likely yep. Hard to see anyone overtaking him.

The course currently suits his game perfectly with the way the weather has been. His length off the tee and natural high shot with no real wind to speak of means the course there for the taking for him as well as others.. but he's really the only one taking advantage of it atm. USGA will toughen up the course this weekend. They'll do their damndest to make the winning score as close to even par as possible.

More than likely yep. Hard to see anyone overtaking him.

The course currently suits his game perfectly with the way the weather has been. His length off the tee and natural high shot with no real wind to speak of means the course there for the taking for him as well as others.. but he's really the only one taking advantage of it atm. USGA will toughen up the course this weekend. They'll do their damndest to make the winning score as close to even par as possible.

Just needs to keep his nerve. Im watching it on ESPN... the americans love him more than the guys on the golf forum !!

Magill wrote: »
    Just needs to keep his nerve. Im watching it on ESPN... the americans love him more than the guys on the golf forum !!

His nerve and his putting stroke. Boards golf forum? The vast majority love him, and yeah the Americans love him too. Watching on Sky Sports myself.

edit - he needs to be more tactical at times as well, some of his decision making is bizarre even when on form. % golf at times is required, and he'd have 2 Majors in the bag I feel. Himself and Mickelson are guilty of this. Tiger despite all his ability, distance, etc. played % golf. Kaymer's strength is this and is very valuable and admirable quality to have.

edit again - I'am harsh on him I know, but while Tiger is rocking (on and probably off the course wahey! -_-) he needs to take advantage asap and notch 1 Major on the board.

Himself and Mickelson deserve a kick to the 'nads -_-

His nerve and his putting stroke. Boards golf forum? The vast majority love him, and yeah the Americans love him too. Watching on Sky Sports myself.

Yeah boards :D

Disappointing finish but still... insanely good 2 rounds of golf, almost perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

inFamous is so flippin good :eek:

It really reminds me of Urban Chaos, which is my favourite game of all time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Went to see X-men first class, I'm very impressed and one thing that annoyed me was the little c*nts in front of me who threw a shoe randomly back at me and my mother during the movie, safe to say that his shoe is on it's way to a dump somewhere since I poured coke and ice into it and threw it into a bin on the other end of dundrum, was happy though, my mother laughed so hard at them all at the end looking for a shoe that I had the hole time. :D

Your Mam like's X-men.

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

FFS I need a new PC :(

1IwWq.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

How long is the video?

26mins, and I left out the part with Sprrratts joke by mistake :(

Actaully, I might upload that, and leave the 26 min one as Episode 3

What I wouldn't do to have that render time. I had 5 hours for the 3rd gun game stab video today :(

On my nephews Quad core XPS it takes 26 mins to render a 10 Minute commentary :(

The Minecraft files are way to large to USB over to his though :(

ffs, I really need a new PC :)

Tallon wrote: »
    FFS I need a new PC :(

1IwWq.png

Join the freaking club tallon !!!

Try over an hour for a 20 second AE render !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Tallon wrote: »
    On my nephews Quad core XPS it takes 26 mins to render a 10 Minute commentary :(

The Minecraft files are way to large to USB over to his though :(

ffs, I really need a new PC :)

Rob one from work.

Sweet little portable 1tb from Amazon posted in BA. Going to buy one of these, meant to be a little slow tranferring, but for being portable at that price where can you go wrong.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iomega-Portable-Compact-External-Drive/dp/B0043SMV6Q/ref=zg_bsms_computers_1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement