Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Magill wrote: »
    That the best you can do ???

**** me according to post 5 shes over 60 :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

compared to what went on here I had a good lol at what I got banned for in the health and fitness forum - some people need to get over themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Balfie wrote: »
    what browser do ya use?

if either Chrome or Firefox, get this.

FireFoxhttps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

or

Chromehttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

No browser should ever be without it, no more videos with ads, its amazing.

:eek: that is epic man

abb4cddd-3a8a-4581-9257-a7e8cc0b6c1d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

First time watching 28 Days later (watched the first half hour years ago), sweet jesus what a film!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

• Advertisement

Saw this in another thread, deadly :D
    As I've got older and have more responsibilities nowadays, the perfect nights gaming has to be planned in advance. I'm sure most gamers took the marathon gaming benders in their teenage years for granted.

I've come up with the following recipe for my circumstances.

Ingredients:

1 x girlfriend.
    1 x dog.
    1 x tennis ball.
    8 - 10 German beers (pint bottles)
    1 x dinner.
    1 x convenience food (Pizza)
    20 x smokes (only smoke when drinking)
    1 x meaty bone.

Method:

Wait for a night where the girlfriend is going out with friends. Take That concerts etc are perfect for this as I will not be expected to attend.

Marinate the beers in a fridge for no less than four hours.

Take the dog out for over an hour and run the absolute shyte out of her. The dog will be done when it shows a lack of interest in her tennis ball.

Make a big dinner. This helps absorb the beer later.

Transfer one beer from the fridge to a freezer drawer.

As soon as the girlfriend is finally ready to leave, give the bone to the dog. This will keep her occupied for another hour or so. The trick is not to let her sleep off the tennis ball chasing too early. By the time shes done she should sleep right through the night. This will avoid abuse over the headset from fellow gamers about incessant barking in the background.

Start gaming and drinking. (Replace the beer from the freezer with another one from the fridge)

Stew on the couch for a few hours. On the next beer run, place a pizza in the oven.

Eat burnt pizza you forgot about in between respawns. Set some aside for the dog if it wakes up.

Evening pauses while digesting all the news from returning girlfriend. Appear open and receptive but don't encourage conversation.

Gaming performance is at critically low levels, but continue for another three hours due to intense hatred of player on opposing team.

Wake up on couch. Dog lying across neck and eyes burning from contact lenses that should have been taken out twelve hours ago.

Try and good naturedly make way back into girlfriends good book.

So thats it in a nutshell for the last few nights I managed to get on the auld joy-box. Everyone has different circumstances so whats your recipe for a nights gaming?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That post Lee sums up my life completely.

My missus works poker jobs at night so before she leaves at 7pm I take the 2 dogs out for a massive walk/swim to knacker them out.

Stick on some chips n pizza, have it eaten by 19:15 when she is on her way out the door.

Settle down and game until 2am :)

Ugh, I'm so whipped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Leeg17 wrote: »
    First time watching 28 Days later (watched the first half hour years ago), sweet jesus what a film!

Absolutely awesome film. Not a huge Danny Boyle fan but he got it right with this one. Now all I can hear is the soundtrack.....I really get distracted Friday afternoons!

Dawn of the Dead is a pretty good Zombie film too....and Zombieland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Absolutely awesome film. Not a huge Danny Boyle fan but he got it right with this one. Now all I can hear is the soundtrack.....I really get distracted Friday afternoons!

"In the house -in a heartbeat" is a really good tune in it. No idea why I like it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In the House - In a Heartbeat - is that the one when Jim charges back into the house and rescues them?
    If so I totally agree:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Sprrratt wrote: »

Too skinny. Some proper curves, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

You'd still give her one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Kersmash wrote: »
    You'd still give her one though.

Rat. Drainpipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I love how youtube tell you the video is too long AFTER you upload it.

Haha youtube be trollin' you :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Haye to get knocked out tonight would make my day!

Haye to get knocked out tonight make my day!

Would make Kevyn's day too, €300 @ 5/4 he has :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just hope its a decent fight

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Would make Kevyn's day too, €300 @ 5/4 he has :D

o_O ............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

really gotta quit smoking, my throat's in bits :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I love how youtube tell you the video is too long AFTER you upload it.
    What was it? Want me to upload it?

Also, seen TF3 last night, really enjoyed it, then again, it is Transformers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

One thing about haye... he can sure hype a fight !! Shame he couldn't back up his trash talk tho. Very boring fight, haye is too small for a GOOD heavyweight.

Guess thats it for the heavyweight division for another 10 years. #gieftyson&coplz

Magill wrote: »
    One thing about haye... he can sure hype a fight !! Shame he couldn't back up his trash talk tho. Very boring fight, haye is too small for a GOOD heavyweight.

Guess thats it for the heavyweight division for another 10 years. #gieftyson&coplz

At least there was very little hugging going on. Hayes hit the vodka fairly fast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

UFC 132 tonight, looking forward to a real fight instead of that Haye tosser!

Balfie wrote: »
    UFC 132 tonight, looking forward to a real fight instead of that Haye tosser!

My mate's at it! Should be a good fight, can't wait to see Bader Vs. Ortiz (up Bader :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I doubt Im gona be able to stay up for it all, was at the script tonight, have to go to croke park in the mornin, Im bolloxed, but Im gonna try an watch as much as I can, if I stay up till 5 tho I will never get up for croker..

Were The Script any good? I love some of their songs.

Sure ya can always watch the UFC again, I won't go saying who won on here :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement