Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I have Kompany too at the minute,he seems a definite for everyone,have suarez too but read somewhere he may be out for the first two games so may drop him,I'd defiantely have taarbet if he doesn't move but most likely he will,was tempted by jagielka too but everton was been too unpredictable with their starts to the season the last few years(I know injury's played a part )
    Strong keepers,nice team

Yeah I'm keeping my eye out on the Suarez situation. He'll miss the opening game, I'm fairly confident about that.
    I think my team's alright.

Garbage :D

Ah seriously though, Ashavin is questionable. But the rest are fine. Everything on paper pre-season always looks good though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

New team :S

ffteam.png

Meh bored.

25f2g5g.png

I'll be changing this umpteen times from now to August 13th.

None of us got Sandro right :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hmmm, I appear to have stumbled into the football forum :confused: Don't mind me...

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

• Advertisement

None of us got Sandro right :P

Nor Kelly or Ben Afra. Kelly is a tank and whips in a quality ball, food and drink for Carroll. In the team as Kenny picked him over Johnson at RB before he got injured. Kelly should be ahead of Johnson for England just to add.

Ben Afra is immensely talented. Unfortunate leg break early last season but before that, he was running the show at Newcastle.

Sandro has the potential to develop into one of the best CM's in the world MO. A big Champions League club will snap him up if Spurs do not qualify for the CL in the next 2 years. Always working on the idea there is still a chance Modric might move on, and thus more emphasis placed on Sandro to get involved in attacks.

Love Lucas, been defending the lad since he got here and was my LFC player of the year last season, but not sure with all our options how many games he'll start.. you can say that for a lot of players really including Downing. Plus he(Lucas) doesn't score many or have many direct assists. Still an important component in the team.

Cahill - Arsenal, Liverpool and City
    Enrique - Arsenal or Liverpool
    Zog - Arsneal, Villa and Liverpool. Probably can rule out the latter now.
    Sturridge - Liverpool, and on loan in general

Players linked with clubs, from a FF perspective I hope they get their move. From a football fan perspective, if they moved to LFC I'll be happy. Won't happen now.

Have got a few more aces up the sleeve just incase too, but I won't be revealing them. Heskey.

Nor Kelly or Ben Afra. Kelly is a tank and whips in a quality ball, food and drink for Carroll. In the team as Kenny picked him over Johnson at RB before he got injured. Kelly should be ahead of Johnson for England just to add.

Ben Afra is immensely talented. Unfortunate leg break early last season but before that, he was running the show at Newcastle.

Sandro has the potential to develop into one of the best CM's in the world MO. A big Champions League club will snap him up if Spurs do not qualify for the CL in the next 2 years. Always working on the idea there is still a chance Modric might move on, and thus more emphasis placed on Sandro to get involved in attacks.

Love Lucas, been defending the lad since he got here and was my LFC player of the year last season, but not sure with all our options how many games he'll start.. you can say that for a lot of players really including Downing. Plus he(Lucas) doesn't score many or have many direct assists. Still an important component in the team.

Cahill - Arsenal, Liverpool and City
    Enrique - Arsenal or Liverpool
    Zog - Arsneal, Villa and Liverpool. Probably can rule out the latter now.
    Sturridge - Liverpool, and on loan in general

Players linked with clubs, from a FF perspective I hope they get their move. From a football fan perspective, if they moved to LFC I'll be happy. Won't happen now.

Have got a few more aces up the sleeve just incase too, but I won't be revealing them. Heskey.

And Bramble? :P

Just swapped out Silva for Modric and Doyle for Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

@Ade have to agree with your assessment of Lucas. Hated the guy at first then about 18 months ago he really started improving but was still getting awful stick. Still think (and this opens me to horrific abuse) he was a better option for us than Mascherano who I was quite happy to see the back of.

Lucas reminds me of a young Roy Keane

ok maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

thought I'd join in the fun..

there should be a forfeit prize for last place in the group! :D

My team will change alot!!

not trying to be a retard but cant put image here directly like yourselves :confused:

I doing something mad wrong? :o

Save it to your comp.Upload to Imageshack the copy the Forum code here.Done.

• Advertisement

Y u no leave Casillas alone Pedro eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

should do a cod fantasy football league

gimli2112 wrote: »
    @Ade have to agree with your assessment of Lucas. Hated the guy at first then about 18 months ago he really started improving but was still getting awful stick. Still think (and this opens me to horrific abuse) he was a better option for us than Mascherano who I was quite happy to see the back of.

Lucas reminds me of a young Roy Keane

ok maybe not

I saw the lad play for Gremio in Brazil. Due to my light gambling nature (:P) I watch a good bit of South American in the summer time when European football draws to a close. So I saw how talented he was. He was voted Brazilian POTY and rightfully so. Players like Tevez won that award as well as some of the best Brazil has produced. He was an attacking midfielder, a box to box one if you want.

His conversion into DM was slow.. and horribly painful at times but I always quote the games vs Inter, United away and his first appearance coming on a sub v Everton. Big games where he stepped up as well as the following couple of seasons vs United + Arsneal. He's dominated the midfield v United a few times now and his match v Chelsea was his defining moment. Real MOTM performance even though Torres got his for his 2 goals. He comes across as a very humble guy and honest guy too, and as you pointed proved many many wrong. Ridiculous abuse he got.
    hypermuse wrote: »
    thought I'd join in the fun..

My team will change alot!!

not trying to be a retard but cant put image here directly like yourselves :confused:

I doing something mad wrong? :o

Print screen button on your PC or laptop. Paste in art and edit. Then upload to imageshack or tinypic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

only if yous get your own frickin thread!!!!:D

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Trolololololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

As the person who will inevitably end up last, unless one of you are really bad and in that case shame on ye, I whole heartedly disagree with this proposition. :cool:

I've already made 5 changes since 1st selecting my team!! :D

Changes gonna be fecking wholesale my time deadline comes!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    As the person who will inevitably end up last, unless one of you are really bad and in that case shame on ye, I whole heartedly disagree with this proposition. :cool:

I just wanted a picture of you with a spoon between your arsecheeks!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'll get Magill to do this forfeit, have you seen his Twitter pic? :P

• Advertisement

Thats Magill

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'll get Magill to do this forfeit, have you seen his Twitter pic? :P

dont have twitter I'm afraid..

aint that bothered with it either!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I have 6 from your starting 11 ade on my team too and I probably bring in de gea who I imagine will be first choice for united.
    And what are the odds of jones starting for united?

What's your PSN? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement